All things Brandon Sanderson

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Sanderson just put up his annual summary of where he's at with his writing.

State of the Sanderson 2019 | Brandon Sanderson

The most mind-blowing thing is his list of what he currently considers to be the full Cosmere saga, as well as the fact that at his current pace, he calculates the end of the Cosmere to be another 30-ish years out (which is why he's going to be focusing on the Cosmere books a bit more, and hopefully shave that down).

So, we probably shouldn't expect him to be finishing off series for any other dead authors in the future (sorry George).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Stormlight IV's rough draft is done, and 40% through the revision of second draft!

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I get Stormlight is a big deal, but I enjoy everything else more lol. I really just want space Mistborn

• 1Solidarity

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I prefer Mistborn, for sure. Stormlight is cool but I really liked the OG Misborn books. I slept on the Wax and Wayne books forever because it looked dumb to me, but actually is pretty badass. Can't wait for retro 80s Mistborn.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I just burned through all 3 White Sands graphic novels in a day. Enjoyable. It's a world that would be interesting to know more about.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Re-reading Wax and Wayne series and cursing again that the Skyward stuff has caused such a delay.

The Wax and Wayne sequence is so wonderfully steampunk and would be relatively easy to adapt. It's a shame no one is actively chasing these projects.

• 1Solidarity

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Re-reading Wax and Wayne series and cursing again that the Skyward stuff has caused such a delay.

The Wax and Wayne sequence is so wonderfully steampunk and would be relatively easy to adapt. It's a shame no one is actively chasing these projects.

If I remember right, a company optioned the entire cosmere to make films and tv shows but that was a few years ago.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I can't imagine anyone making a good translation of Stormligjt to film. Even a TV series would be hard, film would just be impossible, they'd fuck it up so bad.

Mistborn could, I think, translate easier. I'd like to see it, too.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
After all the fuckups of the last few years I am to a point where I really have no desire to have my favorite literary properties translate to film/tv. Hollywood idiots and sjw will fuck things up for no reason or it just isn't possible to do right. I would rather just enjoy them for what they are. Animation is about the only medium that could do most of these justice but not enough adults watch cartoons to really push that medium.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
After all the fuckups of the last few years I am to a point where I really have no desire to have my favorite literary properties translate to film/tv. Hollywood idiots and sjw will fuck things up for no reason or it just isn't possible to do right. I would rather just enjoy them for what they are. Animation is about the only medium that could do most of these justice but not enough adults watch cartoons to really push that medium.

His books contain female leads which would probably satisfy most of SJW's, while keeping true to the story.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm rereading the Stormlight books now. Fairly sure these books would be PG-13 or whatever the TV equivalent is. Depends, they're weird about violence sometimes and with the voidbringer things being alien enough it would probably fly.

But an animated Stormlight series would be fucking crazy, I'd love that.

• 1Like

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Its the Mormon in him, he skirts around alot to keep things like six and violence ok with LDS

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Stormlight really does need to be animated. Especially given the very alien nature of the flora / fauna of the planet outside Shinovar.