All things Brandon Sanderson

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

mverlie_sl

shitlord
i really thought 'the way of kings' was honestly the best book i've read in a long time, and i can't wait for the second installment to 'the stormlight archive'. very well done epic fantasy. kaladin is such a badass character. and szeth chapters are quite the treat.

Agreed. Sanderson keeps getting better and better with every book, it seems. Can't wait to see where he takes The Stormlight Archive. Have you guys heard this rumor that all of his books are linked somehow? Like a couple certain characters that show up in every single one?

Candiarie_sl

shitlord
Well and he talks about it at conferences and online a bunch, so it's a little bit more than a theory. I just finished Emperor's Soul and enjoyed it. No Hoid though, apparently he was in a preview chapter that was cut from the book (although I imagine he's the fool that betrayed her).

Legion was also worth reading. Reading Elantris now then probably Infinity Blade and Warbreaker. Already got through Stormlight and Mistborn.

But really really really really ready for Stormlight #2 and another Mistborn sequel.

Nebuchadnezzar

Golden Squire
Stormlight #2 = November 12th 2013. Could slip backwards but that's the expected release date according to Sanderson. If he manages it that will make 4 books on the year.

Maul

Dental Dammer
The Way of Kings was easily the best book i've read for quite some time.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really love that all these awesome sub 40 year old fantasy writers are out there and constantly fucking with each other.

wZqrKSa.jpg

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Stormlight #2 = November 12th 2013. Could slip backwards but that's the expected release date according to Sanderson. If he manages it that will make 4 books on the year.
What are the 4 books? Stormlight #2, AMoL, what else? The first Dragonsteel book?

Yeah they are linked. His worlds are all basically part of the same multiverse, different "planes". The same "event" created each world. The trilogies/settings work as stand alone stories, but the idea is that if we stick with him through all 36+(!) of his planned books, it'll all come to a head/culminate in something that involves every world somehow. Some of the minor, background characters we've seen in Mistborn, Elantris, etc might become far more important in the greater scheme of things than the "main" characters from the individual series.

For example
Captain Demoux from Mistborn who somehow becomes a worldwalker after the events of the books, able to move between worlds.