All things Brandon Sanderson

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Phayd

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well the latest update from Sanderson is:

I think I’m still on target for that, though I’m not sure yet when I’m going to squeeze in Wax and Wayne Four. It shouldn’t take too long, but I do also want to start Stormlight Four in January. The outline for that is starting to really come together, and I need to get cracking if I want a 2020 release.
Wax and Wayne Four is the final Mistborn Era 2 book. After that, my plan is to do Era Three (1980s-tech Mistborn) after Stormlight Five.

So it looks like a Mistborn Moder Era is 5+ years out because he's pacing Stormlight now at every 3 years... I hope not

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sanderson is going to die before he finishes all that he wants to in his Cosmere setting. Hopefully he finishes Stormlight before I die.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
From a Sanderson comment on Reddit
You guys might find this amusing. I read this threat last night at about 3:00, and came REALLY close to posting, "Dear CD Projekt. You can have the Mistborn rights, if you want them..." But this was looking like it would explode as a thread, and I REALLY didn't want to wake up to several hundred replies in my inbox. I have work to do today...
In all seriousness, I'd love to do something with CDPR. They've made by far the best book-to-video game adaptations ever. It's the sort of thing the rest of us salivate over--if for the simple reason that the entire genre (books, film, and games) benefit from something high-quality on the market like the Witcher games.
I would seriously consider giving CD Project Red the rights to my books for free, because the overall cultural impact that a great story adaptation can have is enormous. Though...I suspect they're done dealing with self-important fantasy authors, and are likely more interested in creating their own new IPs.

If only...

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Okay he needs to lay off this YA stuff. I suppose it must sell like gangbusters and keep him rolling in cash. I got used to the pace of getting 2 Cosmere books a year and its looking like there will be nada for 2018?

• 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Just a heads up:

Stormlight books are on sale for $2.99 a piece through Kindle & I believe Google Play

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Apparently skyward came out just now. Got an email that my order got processed and delivered to my Kindle

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Oathbringer's also out in paperback now, for anyone like me who buys books in paperback (naturally, it seems to only be the trade paperback that's slightly larger than the last phonebook that was left on my doorstep, but what are you going to do).

Phayd

Golden Knight of the Realm
I see it's also out at "Graphic Audio". Just listened to Words of Radiance and I have to wonder if Iyatil is from Scadrial? Since she seems to always wear a mask and that seems to be a thing for that new group of people found on the southern continent in Mistborn.

Needless

Toe Sucker
i buy hardcovers to put on my shelf and then buy it on kindle to actually read
why am i like this

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I haven't started it yet, somehow I've gotten way behind on reading witha massive backlog. That said, his writing is better when he wants to write something and is feeling the writing. Like wax and Wayne boss that he just felt and pounded out. The last storm light book was very forced and he wasnt feeling it, and it showed imo

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Finished listening to Skyward, really enjoyed it. You can tell the difference between something he's feeling and in the zone for (Wax and Wayne, Skyward) vs something he's struggling with and can't feel (Words of Radiance), and it's pretty drastic

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Skyward 2: Starsight is done and scheduled for an October release, Skyward 3 is looking like a Spring 2021 release as BS is starting on Stormlight 4 at the beginning of the year - all this according to his recent blog post.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
he typically doesn’t label them as done without two or three passes first. I am sure there will be some revisions between now and release but am betting it’s already pretty close to release ready as is. If it was anyone I might be concerned as well but he writes and releases books at an amazing pace for years. He must have an amazing support structure or editing group.