All things Brandon Sanderson

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
More like Knights Retard at this point. Can’t wait for Trannytron the Willshaper to pop up after transporting their dick away to save everyone in a stunning and brave way. Please clap

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
More like Knights Retard at this point. Can’t wait for Trannytron the Willshaper to pop up after transporting their dick away to save everyone in a stunning and brave way. Please clap
Kaladin will be there to keep Hyr in the 58%.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Hmmmm. I had always assumed the back 5 were set in a totally different time period.
He did say there will be a time jump to the back 5, but I don't believe he said how long of one. I'm assuming something like 10 years, but that's just a wild assed guess

Edit: According to coppermind

1612126744426.png

Aazrael

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Resumed RoW this week and finished it. It did pick up and got quite enjoyable at the end. It just felt like a slow burn for most of the book. Sucks to wait now though for the next one.

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
He did say there will be a time jump to the back 5, but I don't believe he said how long of one. I'm assuming something like 10 years, but that's just a wild assed guess

Edit: According to coppermind

View attachment 332250

The thing that excites me most about that spreadsheet is the flashbacks from Talenal and Shalash. If true, it would be far more interesting to read about the lives of two of the heralds than about Venli and Eshonai.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
What, I am all about King Lopen the first of Alethkar. Give me a buddy cop movie of Lopin and Rock ASAP.

Phayd

Golden Knight of the Realm
Here is a link that just confirms the near future release order:
The Lost Metal
The Lost Metal being the title of the last Wax & Wayne book. (finish by Aug with a Dec 2022 release)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Who's ready for the weirdest fucking thing you're likely to read this week?

• 2Worf
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 2 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Now that it's out in paperback, just finished Rhythm of War.

People weren't kidding about this one being a slow burn--lot of standing around and talking for a series that has so far had so many big battles and aerial duels between flying sky-paladins--but then you hit the climax of the book. Sanderson has a reputation for the "Sanderlanche", having literally every conceivable thing pop off simultaneously in the last tenth or so of the book, and this may very well be the biggest one that he's done yet. Hell, having

the God of Darkness main antagonist die

before even the halfway point of the series is a hell of a move.

Much of the rest of the book felt like it was more about laying groundwork for the rest of the series than anything else.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Much of the rest of the book felt like it was more about laying groundwork for the rest of the series than anything else.
Meh. I mean I'll read the next one cause I do nothing at all at my job, but I really felt there was just so much drag to this book. The other books, especially the earlier ones threw in ups and downs. This was nothing but downs until the last bit. I probably would have been more satisfied if I didn't have to slog through so much to get to the good stuff.

Creepy rich evans with hair needs to get an editor that will slap him around.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I think Sanderson Farms genuinely fucks up power levels.

Vin in MB; what a great character that you can root for and get behind. Turns to God loses all characteristics that made her likable.

He was on track to do some shit with this and had to do a “oh wait, they’re not Gods, see, they’re totally vulnerable still annnnnd JK Kaladin is a God again.

sad bc he tells a great coming up story for characters but blows his load way too hard when they ‘ascend.’