All things Brandon Sanderson

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Since it was April 1st yesterday, I skipped over the Internet and didn't open my mail. But I forgot that April 1st was also the day of the Secret Project 2 release!

FW_wallpaper_horizontal.jpg

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
so this happened recently:

wired wrote an article on Sanderson

I think its worth giving people time to read it first before commenting further.
wow what a loser. I wonder how much time he spends in a closet sniffing his own farts.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I thought this was his best work in ages. Read it all in one go, which was a little unfortunate given I started at 1am on a wednesday.
I'm going to wait for actual hardcover. Hopefully, it won't take as long Tress (which arrived mid-march).

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I received my Tress box the day I got the notification Secret Box 2 was available. I was determined to read the hardcover, but broke down and read via kindle. It was a very pretty book (physically). I hope #2 arrives soon or I will break down and read that on kindle as well.

The story itself was alright, reading the epilogue really hammered home why it appeared that way. The spark that initiated the book (The Princess Bride) really connected some dots as to the 'feel' of the story. It was a bit whimsical and less serious that usual. I didn't really have any feeling of peril for any character throughout. I also somehow called the Shyamalan twist a third into the book, but it was nice.

I liked the magic system, it was neat but I feel like so much wasn't explored. The interaction between spores could be really fun as a technology. Just the few examples they put together in the book were neat. It did make it feel less like magic and more like science. Somewhat like the work done in Rhythm of War with combining of the light by Navani and Raboniel.

Also, it just wouldn't be a Sanderson book without the late game power up (Hoid this time) to suddenly make every potential problem become inconsequential.

Sythrak

Vyemm Raider
so this happened recently:

wired wrote an article on Sanderson

I think its worth giving people time to read it first before commenting further.

" Most days, he(Sanderson) wakes up at 1 pm, exercises, and writes for four hours."
:emoji_thinking:

Also:
"The scene starts. The chair shakes with otherworldly sound. When Hugh, lame Hugh, opens his mouth to sing, I can’t help it. I burst into tears."
This is journalism? He has some valid criticisms but the guy sounds like he's on the verge of a mental breakdown the entire article.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
:emoji_thinking:

Also:

This is journalism? He has some valid criticisms but the guy sounds like he's on the verge of a mental breakdown the entire article.
I believe that kind of stress is created because he has no vagina and yet he must bleed.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Lenthan

Trakanon Raider
Finished 'Yumi and the Nightmare Painter,' the new secret novel. It was interesting and had a good concept. I wonder if there will be more books set in that world.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Finished 'Yumi and the Nightmare Painter,' the new secret novel. It was interesting and had a good concept. I wonder if there will be more books set in that world.

Finished it last night, took a little longer because of being so tired in bed and not reading as much.

I liked it. Wasn’t the best and maybe a little long for everything going on then very quickly wrapped up. The narration part was the best, and the side references to rest of the Cosmere. Looking forward to the next Secret Novel.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Apparently, they're shipping the physical hardcover early this time - I just got a notice that it's now on FedEx on its way to France. Yay!

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Apparently, they're shipping the physical hardcover early this time - I just got a notice that it's now on FedEx on its way to France. Yay!

Since I was too dumb to do the Kickstarter, Amazon is still showing an October release date on my pre-order.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I'm not paying attention. But this weekend, this was in my (e)mailbox:

Sunlit_wallpaper_horizontal_v2+recolored.jpg

I can hope the actual book (rather than the ebook) will be there soon.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
My Yumi is just being delivered today and I ordered it on July 2nd (Amazon, not Kickstarter). So 3 month lag? The eBook I bought at the same time which I think were both right when they popped up.

Oh, Sunlit is up on Amazon. Jan 2 release.

• 1Solidarity

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Book 5 of the storm light archives comes out in a year. Tor just announced the publishing date. 12/6/2024

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Phayd

Golden Knight of the Realm
Here is the State of Sanderson 2023
The short version:
December 2024: Wind and Truth
Spring 2025: Skyward Legacy One(?)
December 2025: White Sand Novel/Dark One(?)
Spring 2026: Skyward Legacy Two(?)
December 2026: Skyward Legacy Three(?)
December 2026: Horneater(?)
December 2027: TBD
December 2028: Ghostbloods 1
Summer 2029: Elantris 2
December 2029: Ghostbloods 2
Summer 2030: Elantris 3
December 2030: Ghostbloods 3

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Just got a notification, apparently, there is an extra EPUB for the Kickstarter. Haven't looked at what it is yet.