Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I'm pushing along with his books now. Here's my list:

Elantris
Mistborn Trilogy
Warbreaker
The Way of Kings
Words of Radiance

Currently Reading: The Alloy of Law which is really good. Almost done with already, which is a shame.

Not sure what to read next. Probably pick up some of the novellas.

velk

Trakanon Raider
I'm pushing along with his books now. Here's my list:

Elantris
Mistborn Trilogy
Warbreaker
The Way of Kings
Words of Radiance

Currently Reading: The Alloy of Law which is really good. Almost done with already, which is a shame.

Not sure what to read next. Probably pick up some of the novellas.
Legion, coz it's awesome. It's also considerably different to his other stuff.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
And the second Legion will be out soon and then the inevitable Legion TV show on NBC starting Jeff Goldblum.

Phayd

Golden Knight of the Realm
The Rithmatist is on sale today for $1.99. Thinking of grabbing it for my daughter.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Sixth of Dusk or whatever it was called is pretty good. The "magic" system is quite different from the other shards. I wouldn't be surprised to see some birds in some other realms after this.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I didn't even realize he made novellas with the infinity blade game.. neat.
can you ignore the games and just read the novellas or are they chronologically tied together?
I've read the books and played the games. You can skip the games. All you need to know from the games is you are fighting an immortal, and every time you die you are starting the game over as your 'descendant'. That's literally the entire plot from the games, and no I didn't ruin anything in the books by telling you.

His novel is just based on the idea of the game, really everything else is his story.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I've read the books and played the games. You can skip the games. All you need to know from the games is you are fighting an immortal, and every time you die you are starting the game over as your 'descendant'. That's literally the entire plot from the games, and no I didn't ruin anything in the books by telling you.

His novel is just based on the idea of the game, really everything else is his story.
Sweet, thanks for the summary lol
I just started the first mistborn book but i'll check those out afterwards

Phayd

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just finished "Sixth" and I agree, I definitely want to read more stories from this world.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Sanderson is like the biggest cock tease ever. He's too good at world building and creative magic systems. You just can't get enough

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I really enjoy Sanderson's books but when he learns to make a nuanced character his writing will improve like tenfold. He is great with action scenes, great with the magic systems and plot, but the characters to me are cardboard cutouts good/evil. A lot of times I just have to suspend disbelief with the way the characters act.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really enjoy Sanderson's books but when he learns to make a nuanced character his writing will improve like tenfold. He is great with action scenes, great with the magic systems and plot, but the characters to me are cardboard cutouts good/evil. A lot of times I just have to suspend disbelief with the way the characters act.
This is what's making Adolin a more interesting character. He's getting some nuance, I just hope he doesn't make the obvious turn to full on evil because that will make him boring again.

Jasnah is a better character for this as well. Szeth will be interesting going forward, just to see how he develops because he's such a different character from everyone else.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Szeth is a beast, is it book 3 time yet?
frown.png