Amazon Echo - no thread yet?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
I'm still in Alexa Land, I upgraded my original Echo for an Echo Plus 2nd Gen via the trade in (on sale for $120 + 25% off + $30 gift card). My mom (bless her heart) got us an Echo Sub for Christmas.

Bought 3 Echo Dots 3rd Gen for $75 and still have my Echo Show 1st Gen (even though I got it at major discount, IMHO not worth it until it integrates better with the camera stuff) and then 3 Echo Dot 2nd Gen for intercom use mostly.

I have the Fire TV Cube, which I really only use to turn my TV on and off and switch between components (it's at least consistent at that, my Harmony Hub seemed to run into issues when I started adding more devices).

Then I turned one of my Echo Buttons into a Party Button which makes my Hue Bulbs rotate colors, flips on a WeMo Plug with a disco light plugged in and started music in my entire house.

My grandparents and parents always loved music and the ability to have it playing all over my house with a few words or a button tap is great.

I just wish Amazon's other products integrated better. Like if someone sets off my Ring Doorbell it should immediately show up on my Show, I shouldn't need to ask it and wait 10-15 seconds.

But the music is worth it. 100% and I might have $500 (if that) invested do it.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I will just leave this here...

jake.jpg

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I dont get why there would be more records after the commands. Mines never done that, or shown them to listen to.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I dont get why there would be more records after the commands. Mines never done that, or shown them to listen to.
yea this is misleading, i just listened to over 30 of my commands and alexa immediately stops recording after it recognizes a command

so we'd hear "alexa, turn off alarm"

the only way that article would be valid is if alexa recorded this

"alexa, ugh ugh ugh play ugh ugh ugh sexy ugh ugh ugh music"

ALSO

to get to these voice recordings is so inane, i doubt a housewife stumbled upon it just "setting up" a new speaker
How to delete your Alexa recordings

1. Open the Alexa app
  2. Go to the Settings menu
  3. Select Settings
  4. Select Alexa Privacy, and then select an entry or review a specific date range
  5. Tap the text you want to hear, and then click the Play icon
  6. If you want to delete a recording, simply tick the empty box next to it, and tap ‘Delete Selected Recordings’

hell, amazon makes it easy, you don't even setup shit, when you buy an alexa it's preprogrammed with your account settings and recognizes your app and wireless settings instantly, all you do is plug the new speaker in, click add new device (new echo) and press confirm, thats it... theres none of this account garbage bullshit... OMG alexa is tied to our family account... like duh but you never have to futz with it.

i have 5, 6??? alexas in my house, hell i don't even know how many i have