Amazon Prime Day - July 15th

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Some decent sale on apple products, everything I've been holding in cart for last few weeks to see if I could get cheaper was a big no.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I ordered the 32" Toshiba TV with the built in Fire Stick for $99 to replace my bedroom TV that was taken out by a lightning storm last week.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
the only thing mildly interesting right now on german amazon is 15 months of PS+ for 60 euros and even then it's just the regular discounted price and my PS+ is paid until november 2020 so.....

no cpu
no gpu
Meh.

Got me a soundbar for the gaming monitor though because the Logitech 2.1 speakers (really ancient X-240 but they are still ok) are connected to the PC and the monitor's built in speakers blow. the company had their own pre-prime-day sale going through amazon which is nice.
26€ instead of 56€
Infini Mini
Good enough for the PS4 I guess. Only gave it a short run last night and it seems ok so far.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Picked up a 32inch Dell 1440p monitor for like $200? just 60mhz but gf cares not for that - 3 Indoor nest cams for 300 - a couple amazon tvs for spare bedrooms and some other smallish things i cant think of - All in all it wasnt bed but i mainly was aiming for a couple tvs for spare rooms anyways and some stuff for the woman.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
The only good thing is my death adder elite I bought two days ago. First Target charged me wrong ($65, their site had it 45) and I didn't notice until I was home. Second Amazon has it today for 35 and target priice matches. Free $30
I also snagged a deathadder (and an instant pot for half price, because I am an old man/father/husband). Both are first time purchases and are already waiting for me when I get home

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I also snagged a deathadder (and an instant pot for half price, because I am an old man/father/husband). Both are first time purchases and are already waiting for me when I get home
get in the cooking thread fogey

orcmauler

Golden Squire
I am a bit peeved at Amazon right now. My account is registered in a state without sales tax, and I have had numerous physical deliveries there. Yet I go to buy a kindle book and I am charged sales tax. They tell me that since I use gift card balances for purchases they can't figure out where it is coming from. Now a little history, the 2 times I used a credit card number on Amazon, the CC was immediately used fraudulently within a day. I learned my lesson and now only use giftcard balance on the site.
So, now I am waiting to hear back from their tax-exempt process. Sigh.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I am a bit peeved at Amazon right now. My account is registered in a state without sales tax, and I have had numerous physical deliveries there. Yet I go to buy a kindle book and I am charged sales tax. They tell me that since I use gift card balances for purchases they can't figure out where it is coming from. Now a little history, the 2 times I used a credit card number on Amazon, the CC was immediately used fraudulently within a day. I learned my lesson and now only use giftcard balance on the site.
I get and don't get this logic? Hundreds, of thousands, if not millions of CC's get processed by Amazon, without issue. You have fraud happen twice and it's now Amazon's fault? I mean, get shitty food at a restaurant twice and never go back. Sure. Maybe I'm a corporate shill but despite it seeming linked to Amazon I kinda doubt it. I don't know.

orcmauler

Golden Squire
The stolen cc# was truthfully ancillary to the fact that amazon has different policies regarding physical and electronic purchases on the same account using the same account balance. The fact my cc# was stolen twice after using amazon is the peanut on top of the shit.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That's like my dad being convinced that Netflix stole his CC#

Definitely not the place he orders meds from shipped in from mexico

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
I scored the Echo Dot and Fire TV Stick 4k for $22 before that deal got shut down. I was shocked when it actually shipped.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Now a little history, the 2 times I used a credit card number on Amazon, the CC was immediately used fraudulently within a day. I learned my lesson and now only use giftcard balance on the site.

Sounds like correlation without causation.

To follow the logic, someone is watching your account and as soon as you use your CC they're hootin' and hollerin', copy pasta your info, and immediately use it.

Most CC's are bought on the dark web, not intercepted via Amazon's API and used immediately, lolz.

orcmauler

Golden Squire
No worries, apologies for being chippy. The real issue to me is the sales tax charges; the cc bit was only there to explain why I only use gift card balance.