American Dad!

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
this week's episode was something. cool shit. they should cancel family guy and just bank on this shit. other seth stuff are garbage.

spronk

FPS noob
cleveland show has been shitcanned (yay) and I think seth is working on some flintstones live show so he should be busy enough to leave AD alone.

I loved the episode, pretty ballsy not to have any of the regular cast on and all the aliens looked great. Ghost Jedi Sinbad is awesome, if they spin anything off it should be the adventures of Space Jeff and Jedi Sinbad, as they search for a way back... HOME

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Weird, I thought this episode was by far the worst one ever. Fucking terrible, none of it was funny at all.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Its an episode that people will either love or hate, like "Blood Crieth Unto Heaven"

I, at least, respect AD for taking chances and being more bold in their story telling. Personally, I never cared much for Jeff as a character, so I had very little emotional investment in this episode. I still give it a B+ because it had a lot of good jokes but the overall concept could have been a lot better if they stayed away from the such oft-recycled trope as "prove your love". I literally thought I was watching a Futurama episode but with none of the Futurama's emotional heft.

I was hoping they would do something really outrageous with Jeff as it would be one character that I dont think anyone would particularly miss if he had died or just been away for a long time.

iannis

Musty Nester
I just now watched that Jeff on the spaceship episode.

Uhhhh... this show is just starting to get weird. It felt like that entire 20 minutes existed so that they could do a pseudo Pink Floyd tribute sequence. That part was actually well done. Easily the best part of the episode. But it was just weird.

I mean Sinbad. Really? And his dying request is "clear my browser history". That's Family Guy crap. I really do hope that McFarlane hasn't fucked this show up.

There used to be a pretty consistent tone to American Dad, and it was almost always grins if not belly laughs. It seems to be fluctuating wildy in tone this season. I dunno. Maybe it's so established at this point that they're giving a lot of different people writing/production opportunities and taking some "creative" risks. Some of their best episodes have been risky -- but they've also been funny, which is something they're not gonna get with Seth's two jokes.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
This was an interesting episode, but yeah it really wasn't funny at all, was it? It told a story and such, but... not really funny at all.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
"Lost in Space" had some decent jokes, but it became a bit more serious for one episode. Nothing wrong with that. I rewatched it yesterday actually and it grew on me more and more. I thought Sinbad was great and quite funny and the Wax Fang score was fantastic.

The finale was pretty good. I always liked Klaus and its nice to get a Klaus-centric episode. I dont think they had one in 3-4 years

P.S. I've been scouring the internet to figure out what song was played during the montage when The Majestic shows the good memories of Jeff and Hayley but haven't been able to figure it out.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
It's another Wax Fang song called At Sea I believe.
That's what I thought, but "At Sea" is the slow haunting track in the beginning when Foster shows Jeff around the slave areas.

Any other ideas as to what it might be?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Wax Fang has scored the 150th episode of American Dad which airs Sunday May 5th at 9:30/8:30c on FOX. The episode features several songs from Wax Fang's back catalog, a sneak peak of their forthcoming album, The Astronaut, as well as original music produced specifically for the show.

Mike Barker, American Dad's co-creator, writer, and executive producer, says of the episode "Wax Fang's music ended up informing so much of the tone and the story, that having Wax Fang compose the score for the episode not only made sense, it was absolutely essential."

I found that on their website, so it may have been a song composed just for that episode.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Pretty happy, after futuama ended I thought AD was going downhill after last season but the shit with the cloning had me dying. Stan in yhe trenchcoat wasn't a bladerunner referance was it? Was drinking but the scene kept reminding me of a movie

Fedor

<Banned>
Pretty happy, after futuama ended I thought AD was going downhill afyer last season but the shit with the cloning had me dying.Stan in yhe tre chcost wasn't a bladerunner referance was it?
not sure if you completely missed these other references

at 1:10

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
family guy has been shit canning itself lately. It hasn't been so good for awhile but this week is all new low.

AD, meanwhile, is still rocking.

Homsar

Atleast they killed brian off finally. Also this is the last season of AD on fox then it moves to tbs or something like that

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, the more recent AD eps have been better. It really hit a lull there where it seemed like they were trying to turn it into Family Guy.

Homsar

I laughed everytime they mentioned steve guttenberg. Then I remembered party down got canceled =(. Oh and thankgod they cut back onthe family guy humor