American Gods

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Fuck Eglee and Fremantle. I loved Mr Nancy, and honestly Fremantle prob won’t have a job much longer anyway once lawsuits start up (assuming they do).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Like any of the gods is sending the right message for their respective races... Fuck those guys. Mr. Nancy was excellent, Orlando Jones was killing it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

It sounds like this show has had a lot of trouble at the top. Even after the original showrunners (Green and Fuller) were fired, after season 1, one of the new showrunners (Alexander) for season 2 was asked to stop working on the show (stay home but not fired).

I wonder how this lines up with the Starz CEO's (Hersh, former COO) comments when Counterpart got axed. Hersh said they are pivoting the network to appeal to a "premium female" audience. An angry black man probably wasn't polling well in that demo and they were looking for an excuse to fire him.

As an aside, I found season 2 rather dull, lost interest, and stopped watching around the half way point. After reading that article and this thread, I dont see any reason to pick it back up.

Last edited:

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Season 1 was fantastic, nothing but a downward spiral since. At this point, I don't want to even watch season 3.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
SJWs fighting with SJWs and race cards being thrown at each other. Good riddance, the whole network needs to shut down.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Cybsled

I wonder how this lines up with the Starz CEO's (Hersh, former COO) comments when Counterpoint got axed. Hersh said they are pivoting the network to appeal to a "premium female" audience. An angry black man probably wasn't polling well in that demo and they were looking for an excuse to fire him.

Outlander has done well for them, so understandable they would want to try to build on that audience. That doesn't mean you start to axe anything that doesn't align with that audience, though.

Sterling

El Presidente

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Have to admit, I never watched S2, S1 was good, had issues but ok, but S2 I was just not interested in. Hearing they fired Jones is upsetting, he crushes Anansi, I was thinking an Anansi Boys follow up would be awesome. Guess not.

The news surrounding this show has been a clusterfuck since day 1. I don't know enough to know whose fault it is, the networks or the producers or Gaiman or whatever. I know that it was bad enough that Gaiman swore he'd never do this kind of shit again and he was the show runner for Good Omens as a result. Seems like Starz can't get its shit together and make what should be an easy win work.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Kiki

Log Wizard
It's not like Good Omen's was done well either. How do you leave out most of the humor in a comedy?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Meh, I liked it and thought it was funny. Anything with Aziraphale and crowley was anyway. The kid stuff wasnt how I imagined it exactly but it was ok.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, that's too bad. It's not surprising though that American Gods went the way of Westworld.

S1 American gods I leave on perma-seed, because I think it's that good. I never did snatch S2 because, well... this isn't all -that- surprising. But it's more of what they left out of S1 than any offstage drama. I didn't see how they were going to be able to capture the book anymore in S2. And some short story vingettes might have been alright. But you know, the lack of any buzz about it speaks loud.

Good Omens was OK. Just OK. It's very british. There's plenty of humor in it but it isn't it'll make you laugh humor, it's either it will make you smile humor or it's noticing that that was entertaining. It wasn't bad. Just British. Very Pratchett.

• 1Like

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
123027478_1686890391488464_5697217098743508694_o.jpg

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I was told (after I loved the first season) that everything after was awful so I never watched.
Was that not the case or is it?