American Gods

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
If I invent a god today, and thousands of years from now people happen to be worshipping it as part of a religion, did that god already exist before today?
Only L Ron Hubbard knows for sure.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I forgot between when I watched season 1 and starting season 2 how weird this show can be... and I dig it.

• 1Like

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really enjoyed this show until episode 204/205. It's completely infected with the SJW narrative of 'white people are the devil, continue to oppress Wakandans, and are responsible for all problems in the world.' Seriously, fuck this show.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
This season was better than the first, but fuck. What are they even doing. What a waste of a season finale. The episode before it should've been the fucking finale.

Looks like 2 seasons in and instead of being 85% into the book, it appears we're about at the half-way point now! Yikes.

• 1Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
This season was better than the first, but fuck. What are they even doing. What a waste of a season finale. The episode before it should've been the fucking finale.

Looks like 2 seasons in and instead of being 85% into the book, it appears we're about at the half-way point now! Yikes.
I thought this season was pure ass compared to the first. Nice visuals, but not a goddamn thing happened besides Odin acquiring Gungnir, OH WAIT, Sweeney took that with him on that way out.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rime

<Donor>
It should have been a mini-series. 8-10 one hour episodes.

The novel itself does not have enough content to stretch it into 3-4-5 seasons.

And Gaiman lost his shine a long time ago, so anything he adds to it is tainted.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Goddess of love sure has some lopsided titties.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I thought this season was pure ass compared to the first. Nice visuals, but not a goddamn thing happened besides Odin acquiring Gungnir, OH WAIT, Sweeney took that with him on that way out.
Totally agree. This season felt like a string of incoherent scenes. I have no fucking clue what's going on anymore. Also, Thor was never in the book and oh, wow, he commits suicide? What the fuck is this shit?

That black bitch would have no hope of seducing me. Hard pass.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Never seen a woman naked before? Every pair of real tits are asymmetrical.

Also, Thor was never in the book and oh, wow, he commits suicide? What the fuck is this shit?

Maybe try reading it again.

"Despite being the most famous of the ancient Viking gods in popular culture today and Norse mythology playing a central role in the plot of American Gods, the original novel doesn't mention Thor except to note that he shot himself in the head in Philadelphia in 1932."

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Finally getting caught up on this. But Episode 4 had be rolling.

Anansi, Spider Trickster God ranting about the slavery of African Americans in the USA to Thoth and Bast. All of whom dominated over ancient societies thousands upon thousands of years before any colonization by the, "white man" that also all condoned slavery and were fine with it.

EDIT: Going further here I love the show mostly. But I don't remember all this weird anti-slavery remembrance bullshit from the book. It's hard for me to really listen to an ancient Djinn from the slave owning Middle East (where he lived for thousands upon thousands of years) bitching about Thomas Jefferson Jefferson owning slaves in Colonial America to a god damn Palestinian who would 100% not give a fuck about slaves.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Season 2 while having some good moments seemed like nothing but dragging out the story for season 3, which explains why season 3 was announced at the beginning of 2.

• 1Like

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally getting caught up on this. But Episode 4 had be rolling.

Anansi, Spider Trickster God ranting about the slavery of African Americans in the USA to Thoth and Bast. All of whom dominated over ancient societies thousands upon thousands of years before any colonization by the, "white man" that also all condoned slavery and were fine with it.

EDIT: Going further here I love the show mostly. But I don't remember all this weird anti-slavery remembrance bullshit from the book. It's hard for me to really listen to an ancient Djinn from the slave owning Middle East (where he lived for thousands upon thousands of years) bitching about Thomas Jefferson Jefferson owning slaves in Colonial America to a god damn Palestinian who would 100% not give a fuck about slaves.

Yep, it's all contrived SJW pandering. I'm getting to the point where I almost can't watch shows/streams because even when those narratives aren't ridiculously shoehorned in and subsequently shoved down our throats, I've become so hypersensitive to the sheer amount of bullshit in 'entertainment' that my heightened level of awareness effectively destroys most of the enjoyment I experienced when I was less conscious of it.

I'm genuinely concerned that I might be crossing over and becoming a bit like the people I despise insofar that I find myself sitting here watching a show and thinking "Of course, they've portraying every White guy as the prick/asshole/villain/idiot, while the meaningful/strong/intelligent/respected/endearing characters are minorities, women, trans, disabled, etc." Or, at the very least, taking completely obvious pot-shots at the "oppressors." I'm so fucking tired of it.

Even so, I'm not sure how I'm any different than a Wakandan sitting there saying - "Oh, look another angry Black woman character or troubled gangsta youth."

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I was looking for an episode today and didn't even realize this season was over. There was no ending at all to it and damn what a dissapointment.

• 2Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Yep, it's all contrived SJW pandering. I'm getting to the point where I almost can't watch shows/streams because even when those narratives aren't ridiculously shoehorned in and subsequently shoved down our throats, I've become so hypersensitive to the sheer amount of bullshit in 'entertainment' that my heightened level of awareness effectively destroys most of the enjoyment I experienced when I was less conscious of it.

I'm genuinely concerned that I might be crossing and becoming a bit like the people I despise insofar that I find myself sitting here watching a show and thinking "Of course, they've portraying every White guy as the prick/asshole/villain/idiot, while the meaningful/strong/intelligent/respected/endearing characters are minorities, women, trans, disabled, etc." Or, at the very least, taking completely obvious pot-shots at the "oppressors." I'm so fucking tired of it.

Even so, I'm not sure how I'm any different than a Wakandan sitting there saying - "Oh, look another angry Black woman character or troubled gangsta youth."
You are different because what you sense is real.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

I'm genuinely concerned that I might be crossing and becoming a bit like the people I despise insofar that I find myself sitting here watching a show and thinking "Of course, they've portraying every White guy as the prick/asshole/villain/idiot, while the meaningful/strong/intelligent/respected/endearing characters are minorities, women, trans, disabled, etc." Or, at the very least, taking completely obvious pot-shots at the "oppressors." I'm so fucking tired of it.

No joke. The characters in this show are mostly excellent too. Which just makes it so much WORSE to shoehorn this unnecessary horseshit in. Thoth waxing philosophical about living in the US for a thousand years with Native Americans but it wasn't until the white man came that he became an African and inventor. lolwut? They also don't even get their main pandering points correct. Like when the Djinn goes on about Mohammad forcing his people to become Muslim or die? He is actually referring to the use of the story of Solomon. Which Islam hijacked to kill off all traditional ME folklore (all genies, djinn and shit).

Mad Sweeney's episode was fantastic though and he got a rightful end he deserved. That was some quality television and an excellent expansion on an otherwise minor character from the book. Just really really well done.

Which again makes the shoehorning so much more confusing. These writers are fully capable of writing excellent shit. But they sit back and go. Ya know what would make Baast and Thoth better? If they hated their history of oppression as black people in America. Dudes, but they're playing Gods from African that are over 5000 years old. DOESN'T MATTER!

• 2Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Sweeney was by far the best part of this shit show. I am pretty sure season 3 will blow.

• 1Solidarity