American Gods

Quaid

Trump's Staff
If there's gonna be this many hard dicks, I wanna see at least one slick & sex-ready pussy by series end.

It's the only feminist course of action.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If there's gonna be this many hard dicks, I wanna see at least one slick & sex-ready pussy by series end.

It's the only feminist course of action.
That would be sexist and pandering to the Patriarchy, so sorry, no chance of that happening.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Er... what am I missing this show is really, really bad. I'm not watching episode 3.

I get it, gods exist if you worship them, new gods are rising as we worship tv and internet. Why is that still big treated like a mystery when it's the fucking title of the show? Get on with it.

Who the fuck worshipped old world pagan gods in USA? I can buy Odin and spiderguy, but Irish and Russian ones... Really? There should be a huge Jesus fighting the personification of money.

2 hours in and main character has only attended a funeral and gotten a job...

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Er... what am I missing this show is really, really bad. I'm not watching episode 3.

I get it, gods exist if you worship them, new gods are rising as we worship tv and internet. Why is that still big treated like a mystery when it's the fucking title of the show? Get on with it.

Who the fuck worshipped old world pagan gods in USA? I can buy Odin and spiderguy, but Irish and Russian ones... Really? There should be a huge Jesus fighting the personification of money.

That is one thing I am curious about. Why isn't there a personification of the Judea/Christian/Muslim God? If numbers = influence/strength, none of the old gods or new gods could even come close. Is that ever dealt with in the books?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
That is one thing I am curious about. Why isn't there a personification of the Judea/Christian/Muslim God? If numbers = influence/strength, none of the old gods or new gods could even come close. Is that ever dealt with in the books?

This about the fading pantheons fighting against the emerging gods for scant real estate. Yahweh and Buddah don't need to get involved in any of this pussy ass shit.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Jesus does exist and shows up sort, but I don't think that was in the main book? It was in like an excerpt or short story or something.

Xevy

Log Wizard
IIRC he was in the book but he's referenced, you don't have him interacting. He does Jesus-ee stuff out of the limelight.

I can't wait until people learn who Shadow is, if they even reveal it in the series. It's going to be Idris Elba Heimdall all over again.

Cybsled

It sums it up: immigrants brought the old gods and even if it wasn't 100% worship, you still probably had a decent enough core that at least acknowledged their existence and paid heed to them in one way or the other.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
The fact that Gods exist, and the characters are Gods, isn't supposed to be a 'mystery' to the viewer. They are just easing us into that world through the point of view of Shadow Moon. You don't see the crazy shit on day one, only glimpses. Though, the introductions to the two 'new' gods was pretty crazy, imo. It's only the old gods that are playing coy about their powers so far.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I imagine because that was some sort of meaningful omen they didn't want to get involved in or at least let him know about.
Well yeah I assumed that much. Shadow's obviously some kind of important dude since Wednesday was jocking him so hard.

I can't wait until people learn who Shadow is, if they even reveal it in the series. It's going to be Idris Elba Heimdall all over again.
This is what I was wondering.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Which is going to suck, I want to see more of Technical Boy, Mad Sweeney, Czernobog, Media ect and they are all probably going to get little time

Lets pray it's not going to be another Penny Dreadful where we get all these characters that never go no where.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Well they are trying to recruit Czernobog. If they succeeded, then stands to reason he would show up some more. Technical Boy and Media probably aren't going to give up their recruiting/plans to counter Wednesday

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I read the first 3 chapters of the book, watched the first episode and then finally just said fuck it, went online and read the entire plot on Wikipedia.

What am i missing? I don't see the appeal of this storyline or premise at all. Is there some amazing dialogue or characterization that happens later, because given the first 3 chapters i would find that hard to believe. How did this book manage to win any awards, and for what?

Xevy

Log Wizard
It was a good book. I think it had potential to be a series, but it wasn't really. Just a one-off book. The plot is really the driving point. I think a lot of people that read it just liked Mythology and wanted to see all these Gods in modern day and especially interacting with each other. I'm not sure why it's multiple seasons unless they're freeballing it hard after season 1.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I read the first 3 chapters of the book, watched the first episode and then finally just said fuck it, went online and read the entire plot on Wikipedia.

What am i missing? I don't see the appeal of this storyline or premise at all. Is there some amazing dialogue or characterization that happens later, because given the first 3 chapters i would find that hard to believe. How did this book manage to win any awards, and for what?
I also read the wiki synopsis and I'm not sure how they have enough for a season 2 unless they go off book?