American Gods

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Watched the first 3 episodes of season 3 yesterday. Pretty big let down from season 1. Nothing is really happening storywise other than Shadow having emo hair that looks ridiculous on him.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Watched the first 3 episodes of season 3 yesterday. Pretty big let down from season 1. Nothing is really happening storywise other than Shadow having emo hair that looks ridiculous on him.
What is the actor's ethnicity? Because black men don't have hair like that. (Nor should they)

Maul

Dental Dammer
What is the actor's ethnicity? Because black men don't have hair like that. (Nor should they)
Jamacian/English, he used to be on a UK drama series a few years back.

All the Kangs shit this season is unbearable.

• 1Solidarity

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
After season 2 I'm just not up for even trying 3 yet, not sure I ever will.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I'm pretty sure this either hasn't really been explained yet in the show (I still haven't watched most of season 2). But there's a premise that kinda explains it in the books.

Gods are brought into existence by belief of people. The Odin you see here ISN'T the Odin from the Norse lands. He's the result of a small set of Norse who landed in the new world, and when encountering the natives sacrified one to gain Odin's favor. This Odin was created because it was such a separate event so he was molded after what that small set of men believed. If you're a coder, imagine forking a code build and making your own. American Odin is a Fork off European Odin. Similar, but different. In the books Shadow eventually takes American Odin's eye overseas and meets the original who explains "He was part of me, but I am not him..." or something along those lines.

Same reason Anansi in the new world isn't dressed like an African tribal spider god....

Same reason you saw all the different Jesus' at Easter's chateau, each one was from a different sect of Christianity who believed in a SLIGHTLY different Jesus.
I could have sworn I saw this explained in the show itself, and I haven't watched S2 at all.

Cybsled

Ya, that was pretty much explained in season 1. The massive amount of Jesus at the Easter party was the biggest representation of that.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, seems like about 75% of episodes are mostly filler. I think the problem is they had 1 book of material and wanted to stretch it out. And even though it has a really cool central theme, they went with the visual themes which I don't really care for. It's like video games, I'd rather have content than graphics.

I wonder if they'll do a big reveal of any sort at the end of this season. They definitely could and that'd help keep interest, but otherwise I honestly don't see this series getting picked up for another season.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Pacing is definitely my biggest issue with the show. There's a lot of good moments and McShane is awesome, but it drags at times and not necessarily in a slow burn kind of way. The high points are good though and I thoroughly enjoy the source material so I'd imagine I'll keep with this till the very end.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I had plenty of friends nope out in S1 due to boredom.

The show has always suffered from pacing problems. This forum just leans away from acknowledging it.
Yeah, I could only manage 2 episodes. Way too slow.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Some require a different perception to contend with the pace. One said he'd need LSD to make it through and to recommend the show again when I have it for him.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I thought S1 was fine. S2 killed any interest I had though.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Yeah, I'm done with this show. I am sick and tired of black people, faggots, and trannies. There was a point in time where I didn't give a shit, but you know what? Right now they can all go fuck themselves straight up the ass.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 7 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Wife noped the fuck out at the genie tax driver sex, she is super homophobic about dudes. I never went back to it for whatever reason but seems like I am not missing much, shame to because I love old gods in modern world stuff.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
Me and the wife have been watching it. I think we're about done. It's been slow since the start but this season is ridiculous, half the time it's gay orgies or black supremacy shit, and what's worse it doesn't even progress the story, it's just there to push an agenda.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Me and the wife have been watching it. I think we're about done. It's been slow since the start but this season is ridiculous, half the time it's gay orgies or black supremacy shit, and what's worse it doesn't even progress the story, it's just there to push an agenda.
Yup. This isn't remotely like the book anymore. What the hell, Neil.

• 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
My biggest issue with the show right now is the pacing. I wouldn't really give a shit about some gay scene if it actually mattered to the ongoing plot but that shit is peripheral at most.

Cybsled

The problem is the book is super short and there isn't enough meat there to run a multi-season show without tons of padding and changes

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I’ll finish out the season but the show is definitely shit. Having over half the cast be written out or recasted was an awful choice. I can’t find any reviews where people still enjoy the show. The Reddit page hates it so much. A lot of people think Neil doesn’t have much say in the direction of the show anymore.