American Horror Story: Apocalypse

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Vote
Title: American Horror Story

Genre: Drama, Mystery, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2011-10-05

Creator: Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk

Cast: Evan Peters, Emma Roberts, Sarah Paulson, Kathy Bates, Cheyenne Jackson, Adina Porter, Billie Lourd, Billy Eichner, Leslie Grossman, Joan Collins, Cody Fern

Overview: An anthology horror drama series centering on different characters and locations, including a house with a murderous past, an asylum, a witch coven, a freak show, a hotel, a farmhouse in Roanoke and a cult.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Chanur Chanur - It's still the same show, even if this season has a "name", yeah?

Edit: Yeah, all the seasons have specific names. I renamed the thread. The link shouldn't break (I hope).

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
seven seasons holy shit, never even heard of this show. Is it worth watching?

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yes, hell no, yes, sure, no, a bit, hell no.

its all over the place. season 1 "murderhouse" was pretty solid. a coherent ghost story for the most part.
season2 Asylum was a shotgun of nonsense and unwatchable.
s3 had sexy witches. mostly good, a few misteps.
s4 freak show. most of to was good. not as good as the short lived Carnevale. again, a number of missteps.
s5. vampire hotel. mostly bad. a few good elements here and there.
s6. Roanoke. ghost house round 2. fake reality TV show. great idea. mostly solid. kindof a letdown in the end.
s7. cult. unwatchable.

Each season is independent. they reuse the same actors, but in new roles.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
I don't think we've made it through a whole season since Coven. AHS always has the same issues to me. They have a great idea for a premise or a cool outline for a season but no fucking idea how to flush it out or manage it over the course of a season. It always ends up being a jumbled mess of trash. That said, watch S1 just for the redhead maid (young version of course~~)

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I disagree with Caliene. I enjoyed season 2 the best. 1 and 2 were my favorites. The other seasons tend to fall flat at the end. The show would honestly do better by being 2 or so episodes shorter.

That being said there are a lot of things to like about it.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
season 1 and 2 were pretty sweet, when stevie nicks popped in for piano solo in season 3 though, that told me it was time to move on. they already had a broadway musical production in season 2 and i thought that was a one off. nope. new feature. good luck with that. they have really good cinematogrophy at least.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I'd say the premise of every new season is good, they just start to fail towards eps 5

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I remember the Haunted House, Asylum, Witches, and Freak Show. I stopped watching half way through Hotel.

This song kept my attention.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
yes, hell no, yes, sure, no, a bit, hell no.

its all over the place. season 1 "murderhouse" was pretty solid. a coherent ghost story for the most part.
season2 Asylum was a shotgun of nonsense and unwatchable.
s3 had sexy witches. mostly good, a few misteps.
s4 freak show. most of to was good. not as good as the short lived Carnevale. again, a number of missteps.
s5. vampire hotel. mostly bad. a few good elements here and there.
s6. Roanoke. ghost house round 2. fake reality TV show. great idea. mostly solid. kindof a letdown in the end.
s7. cult. unwatchable.

Each season is independent. they reuse the same actors, but in new roles.
You are right about Season 1 but Season 2 is amazing, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Season 3 and 4 were unwatchable. Season 5 was fine. Not seen the rest.

• 1Like

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Attog said:

Yes-- but with a BIG warning...

The show is all style over substance. It pushes a lot of disturbing buttons. A lot of times too hard. But at times you will think "I can't believe they went there or did that or WTF?!?! By the 4th season they are reaching too hard to do the same thing over again (style/disturbing) in ways they have not already.
S1- very good. Innovative. Freaky and very disturbing. something NEW on TV
s2- Darker. a little freakier but too slow and goes nowhere.
s3- Witches make it better and a little lighter and more plot oriented. OK
s4: Just no-- Bad. All disturbing and too stupid.
s5- Very stylish. Sexiest of the series. A lot of build up to a final weird letdown.
s6: OMG, just NO NO NO NO NO!!!! Horrible re-invisioning of the series.
s7: IT's too late- Jumped the shark on s6 and it's not coming back. BAD!!

Summary- Watch S1,S2 and maybe s5. If you still have time and are into it, S3.
The rest of the seasons pair with despair like a fine wine with cheese.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
PS-- for the lighter side of American Horror Story; try "Scream Queens." Borrows a lot of the stylish elements from AHS, without as much of a cringe-factor and adds a lot of murdering beautful women. See?? Lighter... Shows how AHS set a trend of style over substance and then how even that can be lobotomized further (for a laugh or two?)

• 2Like

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
PS-- for the lighter side of American Horror Story; try "Scream Queens." Borrows a lot of the stylish elements from AHS, without as much of a cringe-factor and adds a lot of murdering beautful women. See?? Lighter... Shows how AHS set a trend of style over substance and then how even that can be lobotomized further (for a laugh or two?)
yes. Would also recommend Scream Queens over this. and while at it. Ash vs the evil dead.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Season 3's witches was my favorite season. The introduction of Kathy Bates for that season was fantastic. She was such a great character.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Season 3's witches was my favorite season. The introduction of Kathy Bates for that season was fantastic. She was such a great character.
she was until they killed her off. then i was stuck with stevie nicks and then i said NOPE!

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
yes. Would also recommend Scream Queens over this. and while at it. Ash vs the evil dead.
Also Channel Zero which seems to begin its story embracing the crazy turn that Lanx Lanx pointed out American Horror Story usually takes fairly early on. Channel Zero feels like you're buckling up for a ride from the start, American Horror Story you get a bunch of amazing characterization and established lore for a few episodes then they just go insane around Halloween and, with a couple seasons being the exception, it kind of fucks up the whole tone

Edit: still interesting enough to tune in and see where they keep trying to take the whole thing. Last season was a big disappointment but I actually liked some of the consistency in Hotel

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Last season pretty much made me give up on this show, but this season is supposed to be bringing back characters from S1 and S3, and has kind of an interesting premise so I'm gonna give it a shot.

Chris

Potato del Grande
My trouble with the series was buildup vs payoff.

S1 and S2 had buildups and payoffs spread throughout the season with a crazy payoff with the finale.

S3 seemed to be much more buildup with few payoffs throughout the season. Then the S3 finale seemed just to be the kind of thing they should have been doing all along but nothing special. The S4 finale they just panicked and killed everyone in the last episode. They were just boring, we really struggled to finish them.

S5 was more of a middle ground between the S1/S2 style and the S3/4 style. Netflix UK didn't have S6/S7 straight away so not seen them

TV show information provided by The Movie Database