American Sniper

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
if you where put in that situation do you shoot the kid?
Yeah the problem wasnt the kid. The problem was the retarded decision to put 4 lightly armed people into a remote and extremely rugged area combined with a complete lack of communications ability on the SEALs part.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Yeah the problem wasnt the kid. The problem was the retarded decision to put 4 lightly armed people into a remote and extremely rugged area combined with a complete lack of communications ability on the SEALs part.
Pretty sure you're not understanding the question. Paranioa was asking the question in regard to this trailer, not the Marky Mark Afghanistan movie.....

Edit: And yes I would do my best to wound him, would teach him a lesson for listening to his towel head mother.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Depends on the caliber of the bullet being used. That didn't look like a .50cal rifle which would explode his leg if it hit it, not to say whatever normal caliber to be used wouldn't also cause serious damage but it shouldn't result in death in all cases.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
You don't shoot to wound, especially if you are a sharpshooter.

Also, as brando said .50cal high velocity would obliterate a leg, even smaller rounds at higher velocity.

matsb84

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah..I don't recall immediately which gun he said he used in the book, but any of the ones I remember being mentioned would obliterate that kids leg.

If you haven't read the book..its not a bad read. If they base it closely on the book, its going to be exactly like hurtlocker but with more about his non-military life.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
There is plenty of distance between the kid and the convoy for someone to yell at him to stop or send him a clear message to. The kid is just being stupid running towards them. I am going to go with he doesn't shoot the kid, and it shows how much restraint he has as a sniper to make good calls.

The only time you gave non lethal shots in Iraq was for vehicles that wouldn't listen to you. You had every right to go from Shouting(verbal/horn,penflare warning) to shooting a round to the ground toward the driver side of the car to putting rounds into the driver windshield if you felt the driver was going to use deadly force. For personal you think are going to cause deadly harm, there is no warning or shooting a person in a leg you shoot to kill. They train you this way for a reason. Too many people were still killed from those shot in the leg or just wounded.

Looks like a pretty good movie. Nice to see Mr. Cooper get good movie roles and not stuck counting on Hangover 1-20 for a paycheck.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Looks like a pretty good movie. Nice to see Mr. Cooper get good movie roles and not stuck counting on Hangover 1-20 for a paycheck.
He's producing it, probably due to the Hangover paychecks, so theres that. Also being directed by cowboy Clint Eastwood if no one noticed.

Squiggoth

Golden Squire
Yeah..I don't recall immediately which gun he said he used in the book
He used .338 Lapua Magnum-chambered McMillan TAC-338 sniper rifle on his longest kill (2100 yards).

Also used Mk 12 Designated Marksman Rifle, M4 carbine, .300 Winchester Magnum sniper rifle

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Was this the guy that was just killed by a PTSD Vet at a range designed to help PTSD Vets?