Anaheim, CA / Blizzcon

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sendaar

Nom Nom Nom
Mods feel free to move this if it belongs in the MMORPG section.

Background:
So a buddy of mine wants to go to Blizzcon this year. I wasn't super excited to go, but he's had a rough year and I'm the only guy he knows that can afford to go. We did end up getting tickets(is that even still hard for Blizzcon or is demand still high and I was lucky?) and hotel rooms. I've not been to a big convention like this.

For anyone that's been before, how should I prepare for this? Do I need to get food to take to the Convention or is it not too difficult to get food? what about at night? How bad are the lines to actually get in? (aka how early do we actually need to show up) That just off the top of my head. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Background:
So a buddy of mine wants to go to Blizzcon this year. I wasn't super excited to go, but he's had a rough year and I'm the only guy he knows that can afford to go. We did end up getting tickets(is that even still hard for Blizzcon or is demand still high and I was lucky?) and hotel rooms. I've not been to a big convention like this.

For anyone that's been before, how should I prepare for this? Do I need to get food to take to the Convention or is it not too difficult to get food? what about at night? How bad are the lines to actually get in? (aka how early do we actually need to show up) That just off the top of my head. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Get your hotel rooms now. Plenty of cheaper places around half a mile away like a Best Western. If you have a big group look into renting a house for the weekend. Get there Thursday to get your badges so the day of the convention you can get right in and not wait in two lines. If you want good seats for the opening ceremony get their early. It is crowded as fuck so honestly no matter how much you prepare you will be waiting in lines. These are video game players and they are used to waiting around waiting for shit to spawn lol. Plenty of food places around there and food trucks outside, also food inside. Can't bring food and drink but can bring an empty water bottle.

Plenty of parties with free shit too. The following link has a more in depth guide on what to do and not to do. I'm lazy and not Lithose so I will spare you any more of my bad writing.
smile.png

BlizzCon Survival Guide for Attendees - Guides - Wowhead

joz123

Potato del Grande

Background:

Try not to eat around Disneyland also. Places jack up their prices to get the tourists. GardenWalk is a dump, not worth going to. Do everything early, Katella is a bitch and usually packed.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
For people who live/been to Orange how bad is the homeless population? Not just at like the beaches but around the city centers of like Irvine/Anaheim.

joz123

Potato del Grande
It's not that bad. More homeless around Disneyland than further in Anaheim. Never saw many in Orange.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
For people who live/been to Orange how bad is the homeless population? Not just at like the beaches but around the city centers of like Irvine/Anaheim.
Probably very few, very affluent county. The farther south you go the more expensive homes get. Didnt notice any really when I was 6+ years ago.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Grew up in Orange County. Homeless arnt a problem really compared to places like San Francisco and Santa Monica. There will be some in Anaheim but not a ton. Most homeless are probably in Santa Ana which is the "ghetto" of the OC and I only say that since i used to volunteer at a shelter there.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I like that the blizzcon guide tells people they should change their clothes everyday

That is a thing.

Tenks

I like that the blizzcon guide tells people they should change their clothes everyday

That is a thing.
Most of the cons these days have verbiage in there saying if you smell like BO you will be asked to leave. Face it some nerds are disgusting people with horrible hygiene and have no clue how to function in society.

Tenks

Grew up in Orange County. Homeless arnt a problem really compared to places like San Francisco and Santa Monica. There will be some in Anaheim but not a ton. Most homeless are probably in Santa Ana which is the "ghetto" of the OC and I only say that since i used to volunteer at a shelter there.
Thanks. I've been kicking around the idea of moving to southern California so I was trying to do a bit of research into the area. How is Mission Viejo? The housing there didn't seem retarded expensive for detaches.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Eat at small no name mexican/burger joints in Anaheim. There are a ton of places with cheap dope food. It's the biggest thing I miss about OC. Old mexican dudes that own a burger joint can do some awesome things for $5

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Thanks. I've been kicking around the idea of moving to southern California so I was trying to do a bit of research into the area. How is Mission Viejo? The housing there didn't seem retarded expensive for detaches.
I was born and grew up in Mission Viejo. It is a great place for families and pretty much is all just families there. Dunno what your situation is but if you have kids then yeah its an excellent city and the public schools are good. It is a lot more affordable compared to the costal cities and still only a 20 min drive to Laguna Beach/Dana Point.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I was born and grew up in Mission Viejo. It is a great place for families and pretty much is all just families there. Dunno what your situation is but if you have kids then yeah its an excellent city and the public schools are good. It is a lot more affordable compared to the coastal cities and still only a 20 min drive to Laguna Beach/Dana Point.
It really depends on where you're going to work and how long of a commute you're willing to make. Traffic out here generally sucks balls.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
/necro

So apparently I just found out I'm going to this. Anyone else going to be there?

Missed it the last couple years due to being broke, but scrounged up enough to go this year. Goodie bag looks pretty lame this go around, though.