Anchorman: The Legend Continues

Agraza

Registered Hutt
It better not be, but Ferrell seems to be on a quest to make something funny into something not.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
It better not be, but Ferrell seems to be on a quest to make something funny into something not.
That doesn't sound like Will Ferrell.

Usually it's him taking something not funny and making it funny. Usually shit no one else can make funny, like NASCAR and White Basketball. Or re-doing Ted Baxter for the 21st century...

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Blades of glory I think? Yeah that shit was terrible and forgettable to which is why i forgot to mention it. Dont forget Elf, that shit sucked too. Anchoman is really his only great movie(Old School was great but he wasnt the star), other than Step Brothers which was good. Pretty much everything else he has been in has been shit.

Come to think of it hes like the new Adam Sandler.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, Ferrel is an honest hack. He hasn't sunk to Sandler levels. And hell, to be honest, I can see how the male 16-20 demographic would find Ferrel fucking hilarious.

SNL Ferrel had like 4 or 5 jokes, and they were all pretty fucking funny. Post Old-School Ferrel has like one.

I still remember a SNL skit ferrel did where he played a West Virginia plumber playing on Who Wants to Be a Millionare, and he got the first $100 question right and walked away. It was a really damn funny skit.

Movies are not what Ferrel is good at, but movies are what made him rich.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Fuck the Ferrell haters; The Other Guys was fucking amazing. I never watched the ice skating one, or the basketball one, and I saw the nascar one a long time ago, but him and Marky Mark make a damn good duo.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Semi-Pro was funny as shit, fuck you haters.

So was Step Brothers.

So was mother fucking Land of the Lost.

Dude turns turds into solid gold.

Everything Must Go was fucking garbage. Don't watch that one.

Oh, also skip Casa de mi Padre, no clue what the fuck he was thinking there.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Oh, also skip Casa de mi Padre, no clue what the fuck he was thinking there.
Uhh, if you understand Spanish there are some hilarious parts to this movie. His conversation in the bar with his brother about selling Americans drugs was classic. Only thing that sticks out was his ass shots which is definitely uncalled for.

I don't get the Ferrell hate, he makes more good movies than bad and he does an awesome booze bus for charity in San Diego.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
He's hit or miss. Anchorman was a classic, highly quotable and hilarious throughout. Land of the Lost had a couple of funny parts in it.

"Oh that blows..."

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, it's not like I hate Will Ferrel. But when one of his movies come out it's not like I'm thinking, "I MUST SEE THIS".

And funny or die really isn't all that funny. But sure, Ferrel CAN be funny as shit sometimes.

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
I will second on the Casa de mi Padre. The Mexicans I showed the trailer to at work were laughing at how terrible his accent was. They were impressed by the rest of the cast, since they were lampooning Mexican cinema real hard.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ferrell has a lot of movies that seem "not up to par" with is greats when you first see trailers/watch them...but repeated viewings let you catch a lot of shit that is fucking hilarious. I didn't like Semi-Pro or Blades of Glory during first viewings, having seen them both a couple of more times they've grown on me (although Semi-Pro more than Blades). Anchorman and Step Brothers were both pure gold. He did enough in Old School to make it what it was as much as Vaughn or Wilson did. Other Guys was also pretty damn funny.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I second the repeated viewings. The Other Guys is funny as balls and only gets funnier the more you see it. I imagine there will be some kind of funny plateau where it just stays that funny, then tapers down to not so funny, but I have yet to reach that plateau.

"You know what we call it when they do that? A soup kitchen."

Talledega Nights is also hilarious upon repeated viewings, as is Step Brothers. Adam Scott is rarely a poor choice. "It's the fucking Catalina Wine Mixer." I like Anchorman as well, and I just hope they really utilize Harrison Ford in the sequel. Just really make him do some uncomfortable things right before we have to see him as Han Solo again. That would rule.

I think Ferrell is amusing to funny in a lot of things, but I will say this about him; when that fucker misses, he MISSES. Swings like fuckin Babe Ruth.

Ferrell was the best part of Wedding Crashers as well. moral to the story, a little Ferrell goes a long way. +1 for Step Brothers as well.

patrick

Bronze Knight of the Realm
He's a love em or hate em kind of guy. Most people love him. Including everyone who has ever mattered ever.