Anchorman: The Legend Continues

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck hipsters. Just needed to get that of my chest. New Years downtown Vancouver is Hipster Heaven! Boooooooo

Also, this movie is a rental. Hobbit FTW
rrr_img_55458.jpg

rrr_img_55459.jpg

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
This movie was funny first half and terrible second half. From the point he goes blind onward it was tired so damn tired.

This movie was funny first half and terrible second half. From the point he goes blind onward it was tired so damn tired.
Went to see this finally with my girl this weekend. We're both big Will Ferrell fans and loved Anchorman. That being said, we both thought this movie was pretty much shit. There were some funny scenes (the aforementioned dinner with the black family scene one of the best), but from the moment he went blind the rest of the movie was just awful. I didn't laugh a single time past that.

Brick was funny in the first movie, but it just seemed like this one they were on a quota to have Brick yell something nonsensical every 5 minutes no matter what. It just wasn't funny at all. I was really disappointed. 5/10, and that's being generous.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Blind!! i am B..L..I..N..D..!!
Black.. black.. black..

This movie was funny. as a side comment, Meagan Good (the black girl) is fine,

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
The commentary on the fact that news is not news anymore, but instead has become entertainment, was also an awesome thread running through this movie. Every major news source will lie, make misleading headlines, overblow anything they possibly can, etc all to get ratings. The fact that this movie was all about jokes while still bringing this in makes it all the better and the same reason I like south park so much.

The "brick is a retard" jokes did get a bit old. They weren't clever at all. Just stupid. Eat a piece of wood. Ride a bike into the ocean. There are 2 brick actions I just made up in 2 seconds that are no less clever than most of the stuff he did

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The commentary on the fact that news is not news anymore, but instead has become entertainment, was also an awesome thread running through this movie. Every major news source will lie, make misleading headlines, overblow anything they possibly can, etc all to get ratings. The fact that this movie was all about jokes while still bringing this in makes it all the better and the same reason I like south park so much.
Yeah given the commentary on news I was surprised that Jon Stewart didn't make a cameo in the movie.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
Pure comedies are the most polarizing of all film genres. A complete lolfest for one person can be an absolute yawn for another. That being said, I loved the random humor in this movie and thought it was just as good as the first.

Meagan Good (the black girl) is fine,
This is true.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The first act was pretty solid and Brick at his own funeral was one of my favorite bits in the entire movie. The whole blind sequence was where it took a dump for me, though I did enjoy the over the top battle at the end of the movie. The dinner scene was probably worth the price of admission alone, though, as other have pointed out. The best (or worst) thing I can say about this movie is that it is a Will Farrell movie. I think the first one had better pacing, but I don't see this one as being massively worse than the first one like the internet hate machine seems to be raging about. Applegate was probably the most disappointing part of this movie.

One thing I took away from it is that I would love to see Carroll and Wiig working together on a movie, as those two really play off each other well. Say what you want about the Brick bits, Carroll can take a stupid joke and milk it for all its worth, like the future gun and post credit breaking the fourth wall gags.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Movie was fucking great. Maybe it was better because you guys successfully lowered my expectations, but I can't imagine what you were expecting if you thought it sucked. This one was better than the first.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
so screen came out a few days ago.

full retard after he went blind.

pretty ballsy. we need more of this.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Movies bad, but everytime you try to turn it off, it makes a joke that good