Ancient Civilizations

Chris

Potato del Grande
Was that just an every day hole in the wall made from deterioration? Or a canon ball? Curious if that was brought up with any significance since you're there, if Im understanding Ossoi's thread any.
No idea, the main temple was used to store gunpowder and exploded in the 1600s, since Greece became independent they've spent 200 years bodging rebuilding attempts and there's currently a crane inside it where the statue of Athena used to be.

You can see the white stones in my pics which are recent repairs, so hard to know whats original or not. It does look like a canon ball hole or maybe from debris from the explosion.

Honestly the place is underwhelming, the Greeks have not taken good care of their ancient sites. Egyptian sites which are twice as old such as Karnak are in better condition, that's insane to me.

Also it has spectacular views of the city, but that city is Athens which is a shithole. The whole place looks like Cyberpunk 2077 minus anything futuristic, it's a slum of medium density flats as far as the eye can see.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I witness some mystery rock nodules myself on the gateway to the Acropolis in Athens:

View attachment 522328

Tour guide said they were handles used to transport the rocks, Ancient Aliens thinks they are a product of ancient high technology where the rocks are softened by acoustic didgeridoos and laid down like wet cement where they harden.
Ancient aliens? You watch that show? You know that those bumps are found on stone structures alll over the ancient world, they have no idea what their purpose is. It's unknown. That means the experts are guessing just like the ancient aliens people.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Ancient aliens? You watch that show? You know that those bumps are found on stone structures alll over the ancient world, they have no idea what their purpose is. It's unknown. That means the experts are guessing just like the ancient aliens people.
...that's why I posted what the tour guides were saying they were.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
15 inch shoe isnt that unrealistic in the grand scheme. Thats something like a 7 foot tall person.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Proto pulley. That imo would be a game changer for the weight involved..ESPECIALLY if a pulley block And tackle setup is possible with those items to reduce the load further...3 ropes and say 2 of those "pulleys" setup staggered would allow significant mechanical advantages for moving the stone. tie ropes on one side at top ramp rope down to block" frame" wIth pulley on back side rope across back to another pulley, then up to right side post to pulley, then down for people to pull....OR a large "spindle" that people could wind by walking around in a circle. A 20 ton block would need only 10tons of force to move the block, so say 90 people pulling?(30 per rope 3 ropes) each person would need to pull about 230 lbs.

Being able to do say a 4 pulley setup would reduce that to almost 100lbs each person making the work tedious but not all that difficult. 4 pulley setup would be harder to setup and keep the ropes untangled but might be feasible.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
GH and Flint - Flint Dibble is an archaeologist at Cardiff University who has conducted field work and laboratory analyses around the Mediterranean region from Stone Age caves to Egyptian tombs to Greek and Roman cities. Flint enjoys sharing archaeology - from the nitty gritty to the grand - with people around the world.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
GH and Flint - Flint Dibble is an archaeologist at Cardiff University who has conducted field work and laboratory analyses around the Mediterranean region from Stone Age caves to Egyptian tombs to Greek and Roman cities. Flint enjoys sharing archaeology - from the nitty gritty to the grand - with people around the world.

i was listening 1hr in and got busy

then i watched the video

yup, the other guy looks and dresses like a faggot

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
man this jre is really only for the super archeologist nerds, oh wells maybe yous will go explain some sites

i know why gram always has a stick up his ass when he talks about his stuff, i guess it's from this faggot in a hat
Chukzombi Chukzombi what hat is that?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
man this jre is really only for the super archeologist nerds, oh wells maybe yous will go explain some sites

i know why gram always has a stick up his ass when he talks about his stuff, i guess it's from this faggot in a hat
Chukzombi Chukzombi what hat is that?
Flint Dibble? i looked and his hat looks like a variety of fedora. fedora hats come in all sizes and shapes. even a cowboy hat is a type of fedora. it depends on the brim and the way its formed. dude has a tallish crown fedora or it just looks tall because he removed the outer band.
iu

i didnt watch the video, but Hancock has a bug up his ass about Yonaguni.. he really wants to believe its manmade but Robert Schoch, pissed on that idea and he was the one who thinks the Sphynx is over 10,000 years old or earlier. so it really sunk Hancock when one of his own dudes disagreed with him. i think Yonaguni is naturally formed. it makes no sense as manmade.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Flint Dibble? i looked and his hat looks like a variety of fedora. fedora hats come in all sizes and shapes. even a cowboy hat is a type of fedora. it depends on the brim and the way its formed. dude has a tallish crown fedora or it just looks tall because he removed the outer band.
iu

i didnt watch the video, but Hancock has a bug up his ass about Yonaguni.. he really wants to believe its manmade but Robert Schoch, pissed on that idea and he was the one who thinks the Sphynx is over 10,000 years old or earlier. so it really sunk Hancock when one of his own dudes disagreed with him. i think Yonaguni is naturally formed. it makes no sense as manmade.
yea i remember watching a jap show on it, lots of em say it's beautiful but natural (jap scientists)