The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
those look like old reports, but online people are saying it was just released this week. either way its interesting.
Oh I see now. There are a shit load of pages in this. Doubtful that there will be something other than the usual eyewitness accounts, but still interesting.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Been to this viewpoint amd the other camera persons viewpoint many times (used to live there and go to these areas all the time)
It's interesting. This is a no drones allowed area due to the high volume ship and boat traffic.

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Been to this viewpoint amd the other camera persons viewpoint many times (used to live there and go to these areas all the time)
It's interesting. This is a no drones allowed area due to the high volume ship and boat traffic.

Looks like a blurry helicopter.

• 5Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
looks like its wobbling in the wind. to me it looks like a silver balloon filled with helium being dragged around by a small plane. its going about as fast as a small plane would go. i thought space ships did that high speed stuff?

• 4Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
looks like its wobbling in the wind. to me it looks like a silver balloon filled with helium being dragged around by a small plane. its going about as fast as a small plane would go. i thought space ships did that high speed stuff?
Looks like a drone to me /shrug

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Please don't laugh at me:

My knowledge of world history is laughably bad, I'm as ignorant as it gets. I brought my daughter to the local museum of natural science, which had some amazing exhibits. They had one large Egyptian coffin that was dated "300 - 30 BC". I guess in my head I imagined most Egyptian stuff being much older that than that. My question is, in the time of Jesus (since they are dating it 30 BC, not debating about existence of a god), there were Egyptians? Like Egyptians with coffins with mummies inside, praying to the sun god, etc? I know most people were polytheistic at the time. I guess I always imagined in Jesus' time they lived in shitty mud houses or something. Were things a little further along than that at the time?

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Please don't laugh at me:

My knowledge of world history is laughably bad, I'm as ignorant as it gets. I brought my daughter to the local museum of natural science, which had some amazing exhibits. They had one large Egyptian coffin that was dated "300 - 30 BC". I guess in my head I imagined most Egyptian stuff being much older that than that. My question is, in the time of Jesus (since they are dating it 30 BC, not debating about existence of a god), there were Egyptians? Like Egyptians with coffins with mummies inside, praying to the sun god, etc? I know most people were polytheistic at the time. I guess I always imagined in Jesus' time they lived in shitty mud houses or something. Were things a little further along than that at the time?
The reason why it's dated 300BC-30BC is because it's a sarcophagus from the very last Egyptian Dynasty. Then, they got conquered by the Romans, and most of the old culture started sliding back. Hieroglyphics vanished, the realm was turned into a food exporter, etc. By the time of Jesus, it was still a flourishing Roman Province, it just wasn't what it used to be.

As for shitty mud houses, most of the rural peasantry lived in that kind of housing for pretty much all of history. But they had massively well built cities, the Pyramids (the Giza complex, that is - there's over 200 known pyramids in Egypt) date from 2500BC, for instance...

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
The reason why it's dated 300BC-30BC is because it's a sarcophagus from the very last Egyptian Dynasty. Then, they got conquered by the Romans, and most of the old culture started sliding back. Hieroglyphics vanished, the realm was turned into a food exporter, etc. By the time of Jesus, it was still a flourishing Roman Province, it just wasn't what it used to be.

As for shitty mud houses, most of the rural peasantry lived in that kind of housing for pretty much all of history. But they had massively well built cities, the Pyramids (the Giza complex, that is - there's over 200 known pyramids in Egypt) date from 2500BC, for instance...

First, thank you. So back then, there was grass and shit around the pyramids right? It wasn’t like Stargate where it’s just desert? Did the Romans hide/destroy a lot of what Egypt had built after they conquered them? What made Rome want to get rid of them?

I remember going to Bath in England and there was huge Ronan city with the underground bath houses etc. Had never thought about how Rome invaded there.

What’s a good book/resource to break all this down?

The museum made me realize I know nothing about the old world, Indians, or Aztec Incan Mayans.