The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Since you took the time to link them I will try to look at them when I get home, as I can't play sound easily at work and I'm assuming I'll miss a lot by not hearing what they say. Thanks for making the effort.

However, that leads me to yet another gripe: does no one write fucking articles anymore? Why is everything a fucking video that I typically feel like I wasted my time after watching? I can read faster than they can talk, but I guess everyone wants that sweet sweet Google ad money now.
I also hate that it's impossible to find articles on much of the shit that gets discussed on YouTube. And what you can find in written form is often from popsci sites, and popsci often is filled with inaccuracies and oversimplifications. I've gotten so that I mostly seek out peer reviewed scientific journal articles these days, to the point that half the stuff on my Google news feed is recently published real science. But even that is unsatisfying compared to how much easier it was to find written info on the internet just 10-15 years ago.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Censorship and paywalls are a blight on the freedom of information. Sucks but it is what it is.
IDK a source to get behind paywall for popsci institutions, but for real science you can typically go to Sci Hub ("The Pirate Bay" of science papers)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
You guys see this? Mass production of obsidian hand axes wayyyyy earlier than we previously thought. This discovery says a lot about how "together" human society must have been even way back then. The old idea of prehistoric man consisting of wandering small tribes of nomads doesn't make sense in light of this discovery.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've got a new mystery to solve:

View attachment 457259
View attachment 457260
View attachment 457261
View attachment 457262
Found this sandstone(?) in the woods in the Berkshire Mountains about 3 decades ago, been wondering what it is ever since. It looks like a ball of teeth. Like someone pressed molars into it while it was soft. A couple of indents are empty, maybe they're failed tooth imprints.

View attachment 457263
The bottom of it has some ash on it like it was sat over a fire at one point, maybe to harden it.

Any ideas as to what the hell this is?

Looks like some form of Quern-stones. Those were stones used for grinding grain. But the multiple holes seem weird.
Isnt that just a stone people used to help create heat/spark by grinding a piece of wood into it in order to make the wood/fiber/leaves around it catch fire?

• 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Isnt that just a stone people used to help create heat/spark by grinding a piece of wood into it in order to make the wood/fiber/leaves around it catch fire?
That's another possible. Quern-stones were mostly for making primitive flour. But the traces of fire on it might be that too...

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Really wish they would change the "Pre-Pottery Neolithic" period label they have for that shit. 20k year old pottery has been found in China, 18k year old pottery has been found in Turkey. Probably some older shit thats been found that isnt easily google verified. Proof of Animal Husbandry was also found 20k years ago NW India/Pakistan area. Term is misleading and outdated and I wish "scientist" and "archaeologists" would stop using it for multiple time period ~8-12k BC.

• 1Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
That's another possible. Quern-stones were mostly for making primitive flour. But the traces of fire on it might be that too...

How old do we think this stone is? Considering I found it above ground, but in a quarry, it was likely about 5-10 feet underground originally.

And any opinions on whether those are indeed teeth?

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did we get one???

A U.S official revealed the pilots who intercepted the object said it had a cylindrical shape and no observable surveillance equipment attached

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Did we get one???

A U.S official revealed the pilots who intercepted the object said it had a cylindrical shape and no observable surveillance equipment attached
Those idiots shot down some swamp gas.

Explosion Reaction GIF

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So....this Alaska thing is just "a wild distraction appears!" right?

• 1Truth!