The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Yeah should be Earth shattering news but those of us that know already knew and those of us that didn't know would still rather not know lol 💙
Marvel Studios GIF by Disney+

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Earth was Eden. Then we left. Then we came back. Then we fucked it up all over again.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
I had a dream last night where Venus started getting larger and larger in our night sky. Soon it was visible in the day time and its gravity progressively acted on Earth. Venus was also rupturing magma and some of it into outerspace. Such a crazy dream and felt so real.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had a dream last night where Venus started getting larger and larger in our night sky. Soon it was visible in the day time and its gravity progressively acted on Earth. Venus was also rupturing magma and some of it into outerspace. Such a crazy dream and felt so real.
React Listen GIF by Beauty and the Geek Australia

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
This was very good. He's getting quite good at finding quotes by senators and congress that are easily missed.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I wonder how isolated Biden is from the world. Is he even aware that compartmentalization of information might be causing him to not see the whole picture? Stuff like that is all over social media but how often does that sort of thing actually penetrate to an old man in the Oval Office?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
My dream reality wouldn't allow for such a thing because I'm aware of how vast the space between Earth and Venus is. There would have to be other things seriously disrupting our solar system that would affect us first long before we ever came even close to colliding with Venus.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
My dream reality wouldn't allow for such a thing because I'm aware of how vast the space between Earth and Venus is. There would have to be other things seriously disrupting our solar system that would affect us first long before we ever came even close to colliding with Venus.

Maybe something hit Venus hard enough to send it into Earth's orbital path?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Maybe something hit Venus hard enough to send it into Earth's orbital path?
Jupiter's stabilizing influence on the inner planets means it would have to be one hell of it a hit. And anything that big and or fast would likely have to be coming from interstellar space. Something that large coming into our solar system with enough speed to destabilize Venus's orbit in relation to Earth would likely come in at at an oblique angle, sending Venus AWAY from the central planetary orbital plane of the solar system.

In effect it could happen, but that particular game of 3D gravitational billiards is unlikely to play out without significant foreknowledge from astronomers. A comet wouldn't have enough mass or velocity to make something like that play out. An asteroid is moving slow enough that we could *probably* even launch a mission to destroy or divert an asteroid headed for Venusian impact before it struck, if it was large enough to cause this event to play out.

The thing with comets and asteroids is they're typically sitting in the same plane as planetary orbit. And so the stabilizing influences of the sun and Jupiter are going to do a lot to continue keeping Venus in it's little pocket away from us even with a large impact, and keep any large objects capable of something like this in the asteroid belt / eaten up by Jupiter / adopted as a moon by Jupiter or another gas giant. There might be a little bit of a wobble in the orbits for a few years as things stabilize but hey we have weathered climate changes as a species in the past. Still not gonna get fucked up by Venus's gravity any time soon. Hard to see a scenario where it even loomed large in the sky any more than it's usual place as the "morning star."

I keep editing this damn post, but keep angular momentum in mind -- anything that big striking Venus from inside our solar system would typically come from the "outward" direction of the orbital plane. And so any strike of appreciable size would typically only really send Venus "inward" even if the Earth is incidentally in the direction of that motion. We are fairly small objects in the grand scheme of things and the Sun's got a LOT of gravity on its side of space-time.

Last edited:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
And hey don't get me wrong, death might still be coming from above, but it won't be sidelong like that. It'll smack us first. Sleep tight. 💙

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is probably not new for most of you, but I saw a tv show where some anthropologist talking about other intelligent species on earth. The host of the show asked "So if we were not the only intelligent specie of earth, where are the other ?"
"Well, we killed them all"

So based on our past, I doubt it would go better with any aliens we encounter.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is probably not new for most of you, but I saw a tv show where some anthropologist talking about other intelligent species on earth. The host of the show asked "So if we were not the only intelligent specie of earth, where are the other ?"

Lord knows some middle aged, childless, single, white woman would be tweeting out "Equality for Aliens!"

• 3Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I think there's enough evidence that we had advanced species of hominid that got wiped out.

Australopithecus Robustus was fairly evolved and communal, so they got wiped out by Australopithecus Africanus. Then later you have Neanderthal showing signs of being evolved, peaceful, and communal...so they get wiped out by Cro-Magnon or whoever. Also Denisovans out east, though I think some of their genetics stuck around and made up modern Eastasians. Maybe some Neanderthal stuck around too and affects Northern Europe positively.

I don't know, just spitballing here. I think the smarter varieties of humans have been continuously killed off by the stupider/more violent/more numerous varieties. A sort of pruning that occurs, followed by the stupid varieties wiping themselves out until a better variety emerges from the ruins and rebuilds, only to later repeat the cycle.

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Lord knows some middle aged, childless, single, white woman would be tweeting out "Equality for Aliens!"

Imagine what would happen if aliens came down and told us their impressions of us after decades of study...

...and they sounded exactly like nazi shitlord AI Chatbots, or that 200 IQ guy who writes blogs. Just dispensing all kinds of inconvenient truths about human nature and genetics and all the other stuff that our sciences have been encouraged to bury for 60-70 years.

I mean, imagine what the reaction to them from the Twitter Crowd would be like. Momentary elation at our new visitors, followed by widespread panic and anti-alien hate-spewing once people realize the aliens completely disagree with their interpretations of race and gender and stuff.

• 3Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
iStock-488523659_602x338.jpg

As a kid, I would poke them with a stick, or spit in them, or just swipe them with my foot.

Most of the time, I just watched them do ant things.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I think it's possible that there was an intelligent bird species that existed before prehistoric man learned to use tools. It's weird that parrots and etc have such strong capacity for language. There were giant species of parrot that went extinct around the same time that prehistoric man rose. A large intelligent communal bird species could have ruled the planet.... Right up until the time that prehistoric man started inventing things like slings and spears. Then man would have easily wiped them out.

Mind, I'm talking like 1-3 million years ago.

An intelligent bird species could communally get a lot done, but due to the limitations of their anatomy their technology would be very limited. Likely they wouldn't have created any structures for archaeologists to unearth or anything like that.