The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
i guess he thinks they're walls because of the straight edges of them. maybe they are canals?

rivers go strait from time to time, even in the mountains

i've gone through this guy's vids and he just finds some random shit on google earth an pontificates pretty much at random

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
rivers go strait from time to time, even in the mountains

i've gone through this guy's vids and he just finds some random shit on google earth an pontificates pretty much at random
i dunno man, ive been subbed to him since 2017, he guesses a lot, but he has a good eye for finding stuff, even if he's wrong most of the time, he does feature cool stuff from time to time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
You don't really get oxbow lakes or meanders. it takes slow flowing water and deep soil to get those. You get zigzags and waterfalls, then it looks more like what you'd think of as a river in the valley where it meanders a bit.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
i dunno man, ive been subbed to him since 2017, he guesses a lot, but he has a good eye for finding stuff, even if he's wrong most of the time, he does feature cool stuff from time to time.

"ive gone through" is an exaggeration, i've just watched the ones you've posted plus a few others. I did sort of enjoy the florida one

him thinking those river valleys were walls though is pretty rough

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
"ive gone through" is an exaggeration, i've just watched the ones you've posted plus a few others. I did sort of enjoy the florida one

him thinking those river valleys were walls though is pretty rough
to be fair, at 2:18, if thats what you're referring to, he does say it looks interesting and is just guessing or assuming that might be a wall(s). it's so far away i cant tell if its a wall or a river or a path or the tops of rock peaks. you're probably right though. let him know, he responds sometimes.

iannis

Musty Nester
100,000 to 100,000,000 is one hell of a range. lol.

I understand that these are absolute limits based on a series of assumptions and some measurements that are probably less exact than researchers wish they were and a range like that makes it MORE credible than trying to fiddle with some mean or average and massage the data.

But that sounds kinda hillarious when spoken out loud. "well, you know. This thing either happened 10 years ago or 10,000 years ago... it's hard to say exactly!"

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
100,000 to 100,000,000 is one hell of a range. lol.

I understand that these are absolute limits based on a series of assumptions and some measurements that are probably less exact than researchers wish they were and a range like that makes it MORE credible than trying to fiddle with some mean or average and massage the data.

But that sounds kinda hillarious when spoken out loud. "well, you know. This thing either happened 10 years ago or 10,000 years ago... it's hard to say exactly!"
sure, maybe they will be able to narrow it down at some point, still something did fuck shit up about 12k years ago and if this isnt it, then there is still work to be done.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
sure, maybe they will be able to narrow it down at some point, still something did fuck shit up about 12k years ago and if this isnt it, then there is still work to be done.
It really seems like it was a multi-impact event 12k years ago and not a single. Probably a trail of debris hit us at the same time. They need to use the same equipment as the last crater find.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
That's why the bottom range of 100,000 is important. They are saying that this wasn't part of the same event. Ice cores themselves don't even go back that far I think. Ice cores hold a lot of time, but even glaciers do move.

I bet they actually were looking for multiple craters they could date to the same event. I mean you find one... it's only natural to wonder if there was more than one.

Yeah, the oldest ice cores that they would be able to dig out of antartica will be 1.5 (or 2.7 but that's not a big difference in this context) million years. I don't know if even those would be great because of atmosphere mixing between the north and south hemispheres. But maybe they would be.

I would think that deformation due to plate tectonics would put a boundary on it as well. But i'm no geologist it's just what I would think. The really big ones aren't significantly deformed and still recognizable as circular, so I guess i'd be wrong. It looks like that 100,000,000 actually IS a tectonic boundary though. Greenland went through deformation 110-90 million years ago so anything previous would have been similarly deformed.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That's why the bottom range of 100,000 is important. They are saying that this wasn't part of the same event. Ice cores themselves don't even go back that far I think. Ice cores hold a lot of time, but even glaciers do move.

I bet they actually were looking for multiple craters they could date to the same event. I mean you find one... it's only natural to wonder if there was more than one.

Yeah, the oldest ice cores that they would be able to dig out of antartica will be 1.5 (or 2.7 but that's not a big difference in this context) million years. I don't know if even those would be great because of atmosphere mixing between the north and south hemispheres. But maybe they would be.

I would think that deformation due to plate tectonics would put a boundary on it as well. But i'm no geologist it's just what I would think. The really big ones aren't significantly deformed and still recognizable as circular, so I guess i'd be wrong. It looks like that 100,000,000 actually IS a tectonic boundary though. Greenland went through deformation 110-90 million years ago so anything previous would have been similarly deformed.

Well the range in question is really not that important about to what else is known here.

End of the Ice age several things happen, there are no good explanations yet with concrete evidence. Buuuuut.
  1. Over some long period of time glaciation slowly moves across the northern hemisphere freezing shit up.
  2. Humans live through this period
  3. 12-15k years ago: ????????
  4. Glaciation is gone in under 1000 years somehow.
The logical question is what happened? Where did the necessary energy to melt so much glaciation in such a short time period come from? Again, the only two logical sources are some kind of massive eruption from the Earth's core (which sediment layers can find fairly easily) or an extraterrestrial object (meteors and shit) entering the earth and introducing massive amounts of energy.

• 1Like