Andor

Fadaar

That guy
As long as them majority of it was already filmed, hopefully Disney won't shit can it to save money

spronk

FPS noob

wild. the show was greenlit in the days of streamers throwing around unlimited money, there is zero chance a show like that gets greenlit now especially with the numbers andor pulled

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That literally is AAA movie budget for a 12 episode show. Would $100-$150M be more reasonable? I believe they claimed Mando S1 was $100M

Cybsled

Tax write offs and Hollywood accounting

“we made no money on this - can’t tax us for a loss”

Juvarisx

Florida
Least it looked like a 250 million dollar show, and it costs you know money to shoot on sites and get extras and shit. Wandavision some how cost $25 million an episode and i cant figure out why.

Friends - $10 million
Halo - $10 million
Band of Brothers - $12.5 million
Crown - $13 million
Sandman - $15 million
Game of Thrones - $15 million (seasons 6-8)
See - $15 million
Mandalorian - $15 million (Grogu's contract is expensive I guess)
Pacific - $20 million
House of the Dragon - $20 million
Wandavision - $25 million
Stranger Things - $30 million (Season 4 WTF?)
Rings of Power - $58 million (hahahaha)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I did remember thinking the set designs and special effects on Andor were extremely good. Makes sense that they went hard on the budget to support it.

To me the best part was the writing. The big budget scenes seemed like second-tier capstones around the plot in many cases.

This scene is a bit of an exception though. Not only is it beautiful and probably expensive but it's also built up over several episodes and is fully fleshed out from a lore perspective. Derision is shown in a believably human way from the empire toward the locals for having some religion about the event, and then once you see it you can totally understand how it forms the basis for a belief system. The Tie Fighters are shown in several episodes to have ultimate air superiority in a threatening way over the area, and the concept that you could fly a vessel out of their air space is openly ridiculed until they enter the meteor shower and you see how it's feasible. They build up suspense immediately before the meteor flythrough by killing substantial characters, so you don't know who is dying next as they navigate what is a tremendously risky airspace.

It all comes together in a massive payoff that, to me, was a high point in the season.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
nice, probably 2025 but take your time this is the second and last season

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just binged this last weekend after having a hard SW burn out due to ob1.
This show really felt like reading a book. The build up, the slow pace, I liked almost everything; sometimes it felt like he wanted to tell a story, or add some background, and someone said no cut this bs and he had to abandon it; the tribal gathering near the dam is one of them; the story of cassian sister and what happened on his homeworld is another.

I know I'm late for the robot vs human in the jail stuff; it didn't strike me as a mistake "since droid could do it better". Even in the most automated manufacturing line, pins and bushes are added manually, and some bolting are also made manually. Human are very agile and almost free in this case.
But we can discuss days and nights, that'd be sterile.