Android/iOS/Browser games

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Been playing Animation Throwdown, probably the only mobile card-ish game to capture my attention past 1 day or less.

moontayle

Golden Squire
New time waster: Gumballs & Dungeons(G&D) - Android Apps on Google Play

Imagine slimes from Dragon Quest as various adventuring archtypes wrapped in bits of pop culture going through randomly generated 8x8 tile dungeons with multiple floors, strategies, advancement paths, endless modes...

Look, this game has a lot to offer, is free, and doesn't beat you over the head with IAP. Probably worth your time if you're into stuff like this.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
So my two new mobile games that have me hooked right now are Hyper heroes and Valkyrie Connect

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone know of games similar to the defunct Marvel Avengers Alliance 2? DC Legends is OK but feels like way fewer options to chose as far as your team goes, more just about grinding up the few best ones. I heard that Maiden: Legacy of the beast is also similar but haven't tried it yet.

My favorite parts about MAA2 were: customizing your team via different characters and each character via different (sometimes very different) abilities, it was very "mobile" friendly (turn based, sound unimportant), and it was fairly F2P friendly

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
Are there any mobile games that are similar to the old school game Brigandine? Like a mix of a tactics and dynasty warriors empire games.

Been really craving something similar to this game, where you have to attack and defend territories/castles.

Would be for iOS

Nocello

Golden Squire
Are there any mobile games that are similar to the old school game Brigandine? Like a mix of a tactics and dynasty warriors empire games.

Been really craving something similar to this game, where you have to attack and defend territories/castles.

Would be for iOS
I still own my original copy of Brigandine. One of my all time top 5 games.

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
Yeah it was great. Sad that my brother turned it in to get a fraction of some other game back in the day. I've tried to play it on an emu and just couldnt get it to work properly. I think it was psx that wasn't cooperating and I'd need another emu.

It would make for a good base of a mobile game imo. Could do a gacha system for monsters or weapons/armor. Base building like clash of clans. Pvp or multiplayer might be troublesome but it's not necessary.

I haven't found any game like it on mobile, which sucks cause mobile is what I play on most now a days. Harder for me to find a good time to play ona pc or console.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Been playing an embarrassing amount of SW: Galaxy of Heroes lately. Somehow it's kept my interest for almost 6 months, a record for any mobile game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Quit playing SW:GOH right before they implemented the raids. Might have been a mistake. I had a good droid group going with that bug dude as commander.

Clash of Clans isn't bad. I wish I knew this six years ago or whatever.

Been playing this for 4+ years. Didn't see a thread on it so figured it was pariah among phone games. I enjoy it though. Just got TH 10, completed everything at 9 except King and Queen (26/27 when I got 10).

• 1Like

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I enjoyed SW:GOH - and the visuals are still among my favorite all time for mobile games - but they lost me when they introduced balance-breaking gear mods and simultaneously fucked up the Galactic War. I'm sure that's all sorted now, but I'm stuck on Summoner's War again. I do wonder how the ship implementation went, though, as the notion was pretty cool.

• 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I played SW:GoH up until a patch a couple of months ago fucked up the loading. Kept crashing shortly after startup, even when playing on emulators on my PC. Decided that if the game didn't want to load then I wouldn't want to play so I uninstalled it. :/

• 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Been thinking about getting one of these Android ports of popular board games like Catan, Carcassone or Ticket to Ride, or anyone of these similar, popular board games. But I'd like to get some recommendations first.

Conditions: They have to be on Android and have to have a decent or good AI (that is, not Multiplayer only). It is also highly recommended that games can be paused quickly and taken up at a later date (due to RL interruptions, hence me not wanting multiplayer only).

I don't mind paying a few bucks for a good game, but I don't want to fork over cash for something that is broken, has a horrible interface, or a retarded AI.

Any tips? :)