Android/iOS/Browser games

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
This could be a general Android/iOS/Browser game thread if people want, but for now I have a specific question.

I'm sick and tired of the "free" to play games out there, both on mobile and browser. I never pay anything for them as it's never worth it, and I can't stand the "energy" mechanics of them.

I'm looking for a good game you can play on your phone and/or browser that can fill my 10-15 minute once in a while coffee break/shitter fix. Hell, I'll pay up to ~$10 for it. I know there are some interesting ones out there.

The only criteria I have are:
* Must be able to play it with sound/music off.
* Must either have short 10-15 minutes of gameplay, or be able to save.
* Not have some convoluted control mechanism (phone tilting or whatnot).

Otherwise I'm open to mostly anything (pref RPG/stratagy/boardgame clone though).

Any ideas?

Gator

Molten Core Raider
You should probably should specify if you're on Andriod or iOS

Titan Quest just went to iOS but I can't comment on the quality. I'm waiting for it to hit andriod.

Unfortunately, I don't know much about phone/tablet games and the ones I do dabble in suffer from the f2p energy mechanics. I hate f2p but for 15mins here and there I don't have an issue.
Currently on my phone...
The Walking Dead: No mans land (Walking Dead meets Xcom) The Walking Dead No Man's Land - Android Apps on Google Play
Fallout Shelter Fallout Shelter - Android Apps on Google Play
Kings Road KingsRoad - Android Apps on Google Play
Hearthstone

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Good idea, I'm on Android, though I also like loading up games in my browser. A game where I can do both would be ace.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
You should probably should specify if you're on Andriod or iOS

Titan Quest just went to iOS but I can't comment on the quality. I'm waiting for it to hit andriod.

Unfortunately, I don't know much about phone/tablet games and the ones I do dabble in suffer from the f2p energy mechanics. I hate f2p but for 15mins here and there I don't have an issue.
Currently on my phone...
The Walking Dead: No mans land (Walking Dead meets Xcom) The Walking Dead No Man's Land - Android Apps on Google Play
Fallout Shelter Fallout Shelter - Android Apps on Google Play
Kings Road KingsRoad - Android Apps on Google Play
Hearthstone
How much more indepth has the fallout shelter gameplay gotten? I downloaded it right away but just stopped playing.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I play Gems of War linked between my PC and my ipad/iphone. It is giant version of Puzzle Quest with a fuckton of content. It is made by the same dev as well.

It is a free to play but it does not use any timers. Most folks spend nothing. Really nice to pop it open during work conference calls and play a round or two on the ipad with no sound.

I think that checks off a few boxes on your list if you enjoy match-3 puzzle type games.

Fippy Darkpaw

Molten Core Raider
I don't tend to play any games with energy/stamina systems or gatcha roll systems anymore, but there are still plenty of games on mobile that are worth your time.

Hoplite is probably my favorite mobile game. It's a roguelike puzzle game that after you get really good becomes a score attack challenge. If you can get a few friends fighting for score it's a blast.

Monument Valley was a nice relaxing puzzle experience. Light on content but I really enjoyed what was there.

Crashlands is a survival/building game. Kind of like a lite version of Don't Starve. Put quite a few hours in, didn't finish it because it ended up kind of stale, but still worth the purchase price for me.

Ryan North's To Be Or Not To Be was a very fun choose your own adventure retelling of Hamlet. You can play through the story the proper way and enjoy the dialogue (I thought it was pretty funny), or you can choose to explore the ocean depths as the Ghost of Hamlet.

Knights of Pen and Paper is a DnD style turn based RPG. You build a team, select skills, etc. You even choose how many enemies you fight in a given encounter. I thought the story was cute, played through the entirety of it without ever feeling bored. There is a sequel I haven't tried yet, it was from a different studio and people complained that it wasn't as good as the first.

Super Hexagon is fucking great and everyone should give it a try. You move left and right in a never-ending world of walls trying to squish you. Very hard at first, eventually you begin to get the flow of the game and notice the patterns. This one is also really good if you can get a few friends beating one another's scores.

I just started Guild of Dungeoneering last week. It's essentially a simple deck building game. You build a dungeon with cards drawn at random, trying to entice your Dungeoneer to move though the labyrinth in a specific way to collect loot and level up before fighting a boss. Having a pretty good time with it so far, but I'm not sure how much content there is.

These are the ones off the top of my head, but I'm sure I'll think of more.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Survive is savable and free. One you learn it likewise gets kinda repetitive but is kinda a challenge attack. But i havnt played supper hard mode yet

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Crashlands was pretty fun, and you can buy the steam version and play on multiple platforms as well. It can get pretty indepth with the home-making and stuff too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I shamefully play angry birds epic RPG. It's a cool little turn based deal and gets surprisingly challenging. Plus my son loves it (and everything else angry birds).

moontayle

Golden Squire
Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.

You get Heroes from the Star Wars universe to form teams. Like scoundrels, rebels, imperials, first order, etc. You mix and match heroes to beat missions, or combine the same-type heroes to beat challenges. There's guilds with raids, currently just one though, against the Rancor. There's a PvP ladder. You can take all your toons in a mode called Galactic War where the "state" of the toon is carried over through 12 battles. You can unlock heroes by getting enough tokens for it and up their star level (max 7*) with more. You get tokens from a few different places. There's some Pay-only toons but for the most part the number of these are small and most end up going into the non-pay acquisition methods at some point.

Now the bad. EA basically controls the decisions made for this game and their reputation for money-grubbing is on full display here. You can get a good pulse of the game through the subreddit.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I don't play much on my phone... but when I do I play Tower of Saviors. It's basically a P&D clone as far as I know, but P&D was not available here when I got my then-new phone a few years ago. It's a pretty decent time waster and you could spend quite some time per day playing if you wanted to max stuff. Without having a way to compare it to other freemium games I would say they are generous with free currency, at least it's easily enough for me.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I'm aware that Final Fantasy Tactics is on Android, but are there any other mobile tactics games? Seems like a great genre for mobile but tactics games as a whole are notoriously rare and unique.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I love the Kingdom Rush tower defense games but I have played them all to death and every other tower defense game I download is crap. Anybody know of another good TD game?

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Some good ideas here.

Ao- Ao- I took a look at Crashlands and liked what I saw, so I bought it for my phone. Loving it so far, just what I wanted. I can play for 5 minutes while on the bog, or 20 minutes before bed. Thanks for the tip!

moontayle moontayle I play that with some friends, but it ended up being the reason I started this thread in the first place. I find it to be "ok" but I wouldn't recommend it. It has too much of a "pay to win" thing to it. Or, at least, pay to play the game at its best.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I played that Kings Road one for a while but what do you do for "farming". I started to hit a point where earning gold sucked and there was not really much more for me to do to increase my gear with at any decent pace

Edit:

Also I love Soul Hunters. Soul Hunters

It's one of those side hero fighting games but one of the better ones. Could use a few ReRolled members to join the guild so we can kick ass in the guild warfare! I have tons of loot available and we'd stick to just us so we can progress faster.

I am in Realm 2, Logging Camp(016) server. Name is Rangoth Guild name is Magenta Jihad