Android/iOS/Browser games

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
4. Better story and more interesting characters. 3 has a better job system though (in that you can change their jobs, which you can't do in 4).
I should have added that I played the shit out of four on the SNES back in the day. Is the remake worth doing a replay over checking out 3? I know I can't really go wrong on this, just curious what more die hard FF fans think.

Torpid_sl

shitlord
My girlfriend and I just got an IPad and I've been looking for some decent games to keep me busy. I was looking at sid meier's pirates and starbase orion, does anyone have these? Are they worth it? Any other games that are must buys for an Ipad?

Sneeto

Golden Squire
Forgive me if its a repost but...

Heroes and Castlesis a really good IP game I have on my 4s. Lots of fun, challenging and multiplayer/other modes are a lot of fun for an iphone game.

Alexzander

I've found myself pretty addicted to pixel people. It's sort of tiny tower meets sim city. Free to play and no real need for the in app purchases.

Torpid_sl

shitlord
Grabbed Heroes and Castles when you suggested it and have been playing it all day. Having a ton of fun with it, thanks!

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I've found myself pretty addicted to pixel people. It's sort of tiny tower meets sim city. Free to play and no real need for the in app purchases.
I grabbed that on launch day and played the fuck out of it and never went back. I keep meaning to as it was fun at the time, I hear the land upgrades get hilariously expensive later on. For a pixel game it's got quite a lot of charm and some of the descriptions are legit amusing.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Galaxy on Fire 2T HDon ios is normally ?5/$lots but for whatever reason is free atm. It's an Elite type space free roaming and/or mission based game. I paid the full price when I first got my ipad and was well impressed with it and keep meaning to go back and give it another play.

For free you'd be nuts not to at least have a look!

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I've been playingDOT - Defender of Texelthe last few days. yes, it appears to be yet another card game but this one has quite an interesting take on the genre with the way you field your units and battle the enemy etc. It's also quite generous by the standards of Mobage in the amount of stuff it hands out to get your team chugging along.

Ref isSpWSif anyone gives it a whirl and likes it, ingame name is Fazana-SA.

I also got Real Racing 3 through the NZ store last week (also available on the Canada store as well I believe) and while the racing isverynice, the freemium model isn't great although they are still tweaking the times on things. When it launched you could be sat waiting 6 hours for your car to be sorted within your first 30 minutes of gameplay. Nice to see EA taking over Firemint didn't lead to them taking the piss...

incadenza_sl

shitlord
Im really bad at this game, im stuck on the last vulcan fire dragon stage and im not sure how to balance heals with enough firepower. It probably dosent help that my main is green. Any advice?

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
Pretty good deal on these (some of the games have IAP, but decent old school Final Fantasy type RPGs):

KEMCO Android games will all be just $0.99 for a limited time on the Google Play Store? and on the Amazon Appstore! The big sale will last one week, starting from the date of April 22 until April 30, 2013 (JST). If you're a corefan of KEMCO's JRPGs and other casual games, don't miss this chance!

http://www.kemco-games.com/global/pr...e_a_apr13.html

Thengel

Pretty good deal on these (some of the games have IAP, but decent old school Final Fantasy type RPGs):

KEMCO Android games will all be just $0.99 for a limited time on the Google Play StoreT and on the Amazon Appstore! The big sale will last one week, starting from the date of April 22 until April 30, 2013 (JST). If you're a corefan of KEMCO's JRPGs and other casual games, don't miss this chance!

http://www.kemco-games.com/global/pr...e_a_apr13.html
Has anyone played any of the KEMCO games? Any suggestions if I wanted to pick up 1 or 2?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I've been playing a new tower defense style game lately. My neighbor told me about it, and it's pretty fun.

Called "Kingdom Rush". You earn stars depending on how well you do each level, then you also get extra points for doing them in harder modes. You then use the stars to buy upgrades for your various towers, making them more effective. It's a pretty cool game and I enjoy it thus far.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
I would not call Kingdom Rush a "new" style of TD necessarily but it is a great game. Also I love whenever this thread gets some love.

Haven't played a game on my iPad for months. Someone posts something I have not played. Thank you!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Maybe I wasn't clear in what I was saying. I personally am playing a new game (new to me, it might have been out for years). That game is a tower defense style game.

My other game of choice is Asphalt 7: Heat. I'm trying to get 3 stars in every level. I'm currently on the very last Cup, 13 (it has a total of 33 stars). I haven't been very luck in that one yet, scoring only 1 star in the 1st level. I'll get it eventually. This game is fun also. I got it back when Google had it's 1 billionth download or whatever and they were offering games for 25 cents each.