Android/iOS/Browser games

Xith

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Anyone tried Hello Hero? I've been playing this a bit lately and it's a decent time waster. As of a couple of weeks ago, you can play through facebook, as well as IOS and Android.

If you decide to check it out, I'd suggest the new server (Keronic). I play as Xith, usually on the new server.

moontayle

Golden Squire
It's the typical builder game IAP, I don't get it. As much as I hate EA, that game is NOT something to bitch about, it is exactly in line with what a freemobilebuilder game should be.
Yeah, the rage over the IAP is misplaced since it's somethingeveryfree game does and even some paid games. I'm certainly not seeing any gates in terms of not being able to progress in the game unless you spend money, which is really the only thing I care about.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Gotta love EA though:

DK.jpg

Only choosing to rate it 5-stars will bring you to the Google Play store to rate it. Choosing 1-4 stars doesn't allow you to rate the game and instead asks you to message the company with your feedback.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
To me the issue is that this mobile version of Dungeon Keeper is not really the same game as the originals it was based off of--chopping up the natural flow of the game's mechanics so as to insert IAP incentives to boost your monetization strategy bastardizes the game so much that it is no longer the game we knew and loved.

At that point you have a business strategy with a Dungeon Keeper "skin" for the purpose of exploiting a wider initial userbase, not a Dungeon Keeper game.

Eorkern

Bronze Squire
The issue is the fucking level of IAP is 100x worse than clash of clan, you cannot do anything unless you gem.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Gotta love EA though:

DK.jpg

Only choosing to rate it 5-stars will bring you to the Google Play store to rate it. Choosing 1-4 stars doesn't allow you to rate the game and instead asks you to message the company with your feedback.
You would think trying to fudge the star rating for an App would go against something in Google's TOS for App makers.

joz123

Potato del Grande
When you click on the 5 stars button it only sends you to the page to rate them, it doesn't automatically give them 5 stars. Just click on the 5 stars button and give them lower if you want.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
BBC News - EA faces criticism over mobile Dungeon Keeper game

Electronic Arts is facing strong criticism over the in-app payment system in its Dungeon Keeper game.

Many said the game was "unplayable" unless they spent significant sums to speed up progress and get upgrades.

EA said it had designed the game to fit in with typical patterns of mobile play and people did not have to spend money if they did not want to.

Peter Molyneux, maker of the original Dungeon Keeper, said EA had not got the game's balance right.

EA released the mobile version of Dungeon Keeper early in February and soon afterwards it started to get negative reviews on many tech news sites.

Reviewers criticised the game's aggressive use of in-app purchases which involve paying real money for an in-game resource called gems.

Reviewer Jim Sterling from The Escapist said the constant need for hundreds of gems undermined the game's claim to be "free to play".

"It's free to wait, but not to play anything," he wrote. "There's nothing to actually play."...
_72805763_dkeeper.jpg

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
You can pay $99.99 to play! And that doesn't guarantee infinite play.

How can anyone defend this practice?

EA said it had designed the game to fit in with typical patterns of mobile play
Congrats for making shittiness a standard

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
I tried it - it's pretty bad. The everytime you switch screens it needs to load ... it's just clearly a cash grab game.

patrick

Any new games worthy of a download/purchase?

Saw a whole bunch of new ports of old games that seem pretty cool, but have really mixed reviews. Looking for something simple that I can put down and pick back up anytime. Hoping for some kind of RPG or action game.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I try out a few games every now and then but the only one I play with any regularity is Brave Frontier. It's kind of P&D lite, except no P.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I've been playing two dots and for some reason just started onto The Simpson Tapped Out. I'm Simpsons junky, so it sort of fits.

Two dots is like Candy Crush light that's not trying to rob you.

patrick

I try out a few games every now and then but the only one I play with any regularity is Brave Frontier. It's kind of P&D lite, except no P.
This is pretty fun! Much easier to zone out and play when you don't have to puzzle. Got real burnt out from p&d trying to get the few characters that are worth it. Is this game similar with a few guys being the best and the rest just filler?

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
I also play Brave Frontier and what started as a, "Meh, Ill try it while sitting on the shitter" has turned into a, "WTF energy! Hurry up and regen! (I spent $20 on gems to start to show my support for the devs but then I can only get the free ones now". For those who are looking for a fun time waster that mixes pokemon with Final Fantasy, it is deff the way to go. With that said, anyone know what the "Raid Battle" entails and what it means by "Coming Soon" AKA its been months.

Oh feel free to add me: 73787594

moontayle

Golden Squire
This is pretty fun! Much easier to zone out and play when you don't have to puzzle. Got real burnt out from p&d trying to get the few characters that are worth it. Is this game similar with a few guys being the best and the rest just filler?
Oh, there's still a clear line between what you can tackle from being F2P versus P2P. I guess similar in that respect but I don't know enough about P&D to determine where the line is in comparison. I do know that you can get very far with starter units and what you pull from gems you get along the way (depending on luck).

I put about $30 into the game but a large portion of my units are ones I pulled from the gems they routinely hand out, dungeon clears, and the daily reward (once you get to max daily reward there's a 1/9 chance of choosing a gem).

Everything I know about this game came from here:Brave Frontier Forum | App Invasion

The guides section is very useful and some of the normal discussions can be as well.

Oh, and my ID is 453199052