Angelina Jolie has double mastectomy

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Not in the news enough. Cut off tits? Maybe she doesn't care, but it seems like overkill when she can also afford to get regular examinations and likely already does considering the expensive insurance physically appealing stars often have.

Not in the news enough. Cut off tits? Maybe she doesn't care, but it seems like overkill when she can also afford to get regular examinations and likely already does considering the expensive insurance physically appealing stars often have.
I don't understand how it's overkill when she's overwhelmingly likely to develop cancer. Because they were really nice?

spronk

FPS noob
thats what i thought too (I am a big "do nothing" kinda medical guy which is probably stupid) but female relatives explained to me that (1) mammograms aren't that effective in detecting early cancer (2) you cant do it that often, radiation and shit (3) once a cancer starts up it can spread super fast (4) if docs have to operate to remove cancer tissue it can fuck things up like nipples, the breast area, etc really badly. By doing it this way your reconstructive surgery is basically flawless and you look exactly like before.

whats messed up is that the tests to determine if you have the high risk genes cost $3k+ so people without health insurance are fucked. the tests cost 1/10th the cost in the rest of the world

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
thats what i thought too (I am a big "do nothing" kinda medical guy which is probably stupid) but female relatives explained to me that (1) mammograms aren't that effective in detecting early cancer (2) you cant do it that often, radiation and shit (3) once a cancer starts up it can spread super fast (4) if docs have to operate to remove cancer tissue it can fuck things up like nipples, the breast area, etc really badly. By doing it this way your reconstructive surgery is basically flawless and you look exactly like before.

whats messed up is that the tests to determine if you have the high risk genes cost $3k+ so people without health insurance are fucked. the tests cost 1/10th the cost in the rest of the world
maybe she wants to popularize breast implant surgery industry. every woman will get a mastectomy to minimize the chance of breast cancer and go for a breast implant surgery. every woman will have wonderful boobs. everyone wins.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
. . . every woman will get a mastectomy to minimize the chance of breast cancer and go for a breast implant surgery. every woman will have wonderful boobs. everyone wins.
^^^

rrr_img_24962.jpg

Siliconemelons

The version where you keep your breasts and nipple intact will always leave a risk- even if small- also it is a lot more time consuming and expensive proceadure- and it is also a newer proceadure... a standard mastectomy with reconstruction is two parts- first off goes the boob...all of it from top to bottom its taken off and cleaned out of breast tissue underneath- then your skin is swen up- after that is fully healed - and your skin gains proper growth in that area and its elasticity you then can get implants, a fake nipple is made by making a little skin flap and tatooing the color.

The newer and what is gaining populatirty is kinda like...think of scooping the fruit out of the melon to the skin, then replacing the meat/fruit with an implant- it obviously holds a higher risk of "return" or the growth of cancer as you have your skin and nipple, your nipple will still hold some breast tissue and there may be some tissue that didnt get fully cleaned out-- although it is small risk for what would equate to keeping your outer breast intact. Also most insurances wont cover the "nice" proceadure because of the 0.00001% chance vs a full cut off of 0.0000000001% chance.

random source info

http://www.empowher.com/breast-cance...dr-wasif-video

and my mom had breast cancer and all the stuff she dealt with in it.

So just to say, screw it- if you have the gene get the proceadure and have nice implant breasts is not really accurate or available- most will end up like barbie dolls with a scar across their water-boob.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Umm no. For $99 you can get your complete genetic profile ran. Checks for 50 carriers, 21 drug responses, 57 traits, and 120 Disease risks, including the BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations. They are always adding more to the list as research progresses as well. Check yourself before you wreck yourself bro.

https://www.23andme.com/

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
My Genetics professor endorsed it and she's pretty credible, worked with J. Craig Venter at one point. It's like anything else though, if you get atypical results, then do your due diligence in getting them confirmed/retested.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The REAL messed up part is that the specific drug company that runs these tests has patented the fucking gene that is being tested so they are the only ones who offer this test.

Pilforgod

Silver Knight of the Realm
Umm no. For $99 you can get your complete genetic profile ran. Checks for 50 carriers, 21 drug responses, 57 traits, and 120 Disease risks, including the BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations. They are always adding more to the list as research progresses as well. Check yourself before you wreck yourself bro.

https://www.23andme.com/
I did this a few years ago when they had the $500 version for only $100 on national DNA day. Both my wife and I got it done since she's adopted we figured it'd be interesting. It seems very accurate, all of my high risk factors were cancers etc that had already taken place in my family so I was aware of it. The rest was interesting too. Now it seems that it's gone subscription based so I hardly ever get updates or anything since I'm not subscribed.

Wolfen_sl

shitlord
I did the 23andMe thing. It basically said that I will have a life-long urge to post pussy.

Seriously, it's rather neat and I recommend it.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I find the timing amusing, and I'm sure the conspiracy theorist will have a field day with it. That being said, lots of people die in their 50's and 60's. Who wants to live to be 90 any fuckin' way?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I find the timing amusing, and I'm sure the conspiracy theorist will have a field day with it. That being said, lots of people die in their 50's and 60's. Who wants to live to be 90 any fuckin' way?
<---- This guy.

I don't want to live to be so old I'm shitting on myself and painting the walls with it, but every old person in my family has been sane and fun to be around up until their death in their 80's/90's.