Angular upgrades - usually the worst thing ever

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Well I am deprived of sleep and got this all working minus a common component another team has to update.

I doubt you'd give a fuck about all the exact versions of things I tried because frankly it's just trial and error, guessing. Other people who crack this stuff pretend it's due to some kind of innate intelligence or something, but, it's just fucking with versions for hours. Or, figuring out how to force something to do it your way instead of the default WebKit way, again, screwing with versions of what you're making it use instead. Like why doesn't this less compiler just realize it's gonna blow/fail and inform you it failed and give you the actually correct suggested change to fix it? The documentation was just flat out wrong too.

Ah whelp, guess this one's about wrapped up pending the rest and on to fixing tests or other minor shits after.

I intentionally avoided applying to anywhere that mentioned the word Angular (favoring React) and still ended up with this. I'm sure any success here means "oh hey just give it to him". Just roll your 401k over to somewhere else after 10 interviews and 100 applications when you get stuck in a situation like that is I guess is how you survive in this game. The good news is they only seemed to care about upgrading this after 5 years, so there's looking ahead :).

What's funny is I got into all of this to make little games and shit, but my understanding is that it's far more brutal for less pay.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
bart simpson dolph starbeam GIF

• 1Galaxy Brain

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Not realistic for huge projects, but I usually do an ng new app and manually port everything over incremetally. Every time I've tried the upgrade option something goes awry.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The team responsible for the common library is now at least 2 days behind, they regularly handle this kind of stuff.

Get me off this fucking planet.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The common library has import and require used interchangeably all over it.

Is there ever a sane reason for that with the modern versions of node?