Another Life

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Okay, but how much faggot shit is in this?
Quite a bit but the show is so absurd and the characters so terrible that none of it seems out of place or distracting. Honestly that story line may be the most straightforward part of the whole show.

spronk

FPS noob
Okay, but how much faggot shit is in this?

theres a tranny doc who falls in love with a mexican janitor but they are basically the deanna troi of the show, mostly ignored by everyone else. nothing else super egregious, a black guy who just likes to kill everything, and a black AI that also wants to mostly kill everything but also fuck Starbuck.

90% of the scenes involve Starbuck making anti-Picard decisions, instead of "lets use diplomacy and talk shit out" her solution to everything is "can I fire a gun at it?"

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Starbuck really comes off as a disingenuous psychopath for every scene. Those huge shit eating smiles and wide open murder eyes while she cries or tries to emulate other human emotions almost make me think it was the director's intent.

This show is a hot mess, and sigh, did they really get around to making another season?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i haven;t watched any of this show. i had a backlog going when season 1 came out and it was pretty clear from everyone's comments here that i should stay away...

but everyone's comments NOW make me feel like it's pretty awesome. crazy eye'd anti-picard starbuck? sign me up

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
but everyone's comments NOW make me feel like it's pretty awesome. crazy eye'd anti-picard starbuck? sign me up
you FIRST have to suffer through season1...

there was so much wtf that season that this s2 is just like...

sure

hint... fast forward through all the earth shit, to this day i have no fucking idea wtf is happening at earth cuz apparently... and now somehow this is true... the WORST actors are the ones on earth.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I've been sick lately, so I decided to compound my misery by finally watching this against Dr's orders.

Season 1 is so baffling awful that I couldn't take my eyes off it. My entertainment came from trying to guess how poorly their decisions would go and how they'd solve those bad decisions with more bad decisions.

Season 2 has been SIGNIFICANTLY better. It's still awful but it's a masterpiece in comparison. I do love how they made it a plot point for why season 1's crew was so retarded.

Unfortunately they still kept Ladyboy Dr and mexijanitor... I like the rest of the crew

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Finished s1

it’s so horrible that it becomes awesome.

2 or three major universe ending crisis an episode.
A Rodney McKay solution always pops up (reverse the capacitor!)

I can’t believe i did not pick up fact it’s the same stargate Atlantis writers.

spronk

FPS noob

season 2 ended with a conclusive show ending so really didn't need anymore anyways.

stupid show but fun to watch, fast forrward liberally

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It was funny reading the comments and most people being like "never even heard of it"

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Started watching this and kind of enjoying how grounded the tech is, I made it to the part where because there was oxygen we should open our space suits... These are supposed to be the smartest and most qualified people on earth. Please tell me that shit kills them both?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Started watching this and kind of enjoying how grounded the tech is, I made it to the part where because there was oxygen we should open our space suits... These are supposed to be the smartest and most qualified people on earth. Please tell me that shit kills them both?
i think youre up to the part where they grow space marijuana