Another Life

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
This show only wishes that Sackhoff's acting was the worst thing about it.
She ironically is the least stupid most quasi functional one of the window lickers on this show.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I swear to god thinking about this series is turning me into cliff from doom patrol.

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
For some reason this was getting pushed on me by Netflix, maybe season 2 came out. I checked the thread upon first seeing the lady boy and getting the wtf is this a teen drama vibes. Ya going to nope out, thanks for the funny thread saving my afternoon.

spronk

FPS noob
show was terrible but in an "this is so awful its hilarious" way. coming Oct 14th for season 2! can't wait to see what new ways they figure out to fuck everything up

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
show was terrible but in an "this is so awful its hilarious" way. coming Oct 14th for season 2! can't wait to see what new ways they figure out to fuck everything up

foh bros, whose with me to watch this horror fest?

i actually cant wait lulz

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Just so there's no confusion: Season 1 was hot garbage.

But it was manageable garbage and it ended on a somewhat interesting note. We'll see where this goes and what they do with it.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
ai
vs ai, is the best stuff so far... cuz it's new ppl lulz, man this old crew is horrible

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
lol through episode 4 I believe and it is still complete trash. The crew is just so terrible and what they're doing with the Achaia (?) is dumb.

*edit: Just checked again, Ep 3 only. Can't wait for 4!

Goatface

even though the 1st episode felt like it took forever it was really short, the whole season is almost an hour shorter than the 1st.
runtimes are almost inline with that of normal tv.

spronk

FPS noob
watch the recap before you jump in, i really didn't remember anything about the show so was a bit confused in episode 1, obviously they keep repeating the same points over and over so its not too tough to pick it up. some space bugs are pissed Katie blew up their 5G tower and now they are chasing her, space cop style.

i enjoyed episode 1, the decisions everyone makes are baffling and katie sackhoff seems to be channeling some version of crazy drunk Russell Crowe but at least its not boring

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
i like how i finished the series and i still can for the christ of me remember who the person that got red shirt in the first minute was, lulz (or the second one)

i liked how every episode was a worser take on a star trek episode

like how they dealt with irara was just like how they dealt with dr moriarity

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I thought that the two gay guys were a fucking mess, and just there for the SJW crowd that was pushed waaaaay too hard.

I thought the AI vs. AI battles that went on were just fucking dense, and I hated Iara, or however you spell her name. The only time it got good was when they got aboard the Descond (I think?) ship. Now, that was cool.

And I fucking knew that the bitch who went down to the planet with the settlers were toast, as soon as she shot that one alien.

Plus, who remembered that there were settlers onboard? I sure as shit didn't.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Decuma, which I only know because I’m the only one in the house who can hear apparently so every TV has closed captioning on and I’ve given up on turning it off.

spronk

FPS noob
finished binging, loved season 2. It was 100% 1950s scifi pulp, dialed up to a 10. Redneck star trek. dungeon and dragons campaigns in space. Starbuck was still a complete sociopath whose answer to every problem is to shoot at it with a gun, and I loved it.

Complete story, there is a beginning, middle, and satisfactory end with no cliffhangers or shit. I'm totally down for season 3, but if it gets no more episodes thats fine too. Pacing was great, never felt the desire to fast forward and they kept the story moving along.

In many ways it felt like a Mass Effect prequel, I really hope in the next few years they do a Mass Effect TV show and take lessons from this, not the goddamn snooze fests that Foundation and Invasion have been. This show is like 1/10th the budget of those shows but does the max with them, reminds me of all the SyFy canadian shows like Stargate, Farscape, BSG, etc.