Anyone Know North Carolina

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Prepare for much nicer weather and year-round top notch outdoor activities.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Falstaff, I have a friend that lives in Charlotte. I'll hit him up tomorrow to ask what kind of shit you should try to do while you're there on your free day.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
That's north Carolina.

We fuck our cousins.

Beware.

This is true.

I went to school with a couple of first cousins that dated all through high school and ended up getting married a couple of years after they graduated. The girl didn't even have to change her last name.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Went with Colorado. Not upset about it.

Where'd you move from?

I was impressed with Colorado after I went for the first time a few weeks ago but also figured the winter would be like in hateful eight.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It's only like that in the mountains. It's very mild on the front range. Can get a bit cold, but it's still sunny.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Where'd you move from?

I was impressed with Colorado after I went for the first time a few weeks ago but also figured the winter would be like in hateful eight.

East Coast-- All over but most of my life in VA.

Most people think of Denver like that but it's not. I'd take winter in Denver over winter anywhere north of SC on the east coast. People who have never lived out west just don't have a concept for what a difference super low humidity makes. They know it's nice in hot weather but they don't realize it also makes cold weather much more bearable. East coast cold chills you to the bone, where west coast cold often feels like it's only skin deep. Sounds funny but it's true.

Plus like people have said, Denver is very sunny. It snows several time a year but it will be sunny and 65 the next day so the snow never stays around more than a day or two, unlike the northeast, where the same snow sticks around all winter and gets fucking dirty and gross by January.

Mountains are totally different. Go west of Golden Colorado and you are talking lots and lots of snow.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't think there is really any humidity in the air for mid west winters. Its just fucking cold. Doesn't help that the sun is absent for 3 months between Dec and Feb.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
My friend from North Carolina finally responded to me. He said:

Uber is cheap down here. There are a million great restaurants down town. Have him check out King Street and google restaurant reviews. There are also some good breweries.

It wasn't a very informative answer, but at least it works.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
My friend from North Carolina finally responded to me. He said:

It wasn't a very informative answer, but at least it works.
Can confirm your friend's assertions. Source: I live in Raleigh and own a brewery.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like I am driving up from Fayetteville on Monday.

PM me the address.
We're not open yet and I'm still working my full time job I had before starting the brewery. Most days I work remotely but Mondays I always go into the office to do enough rep grinding to "work" remotely instead of work remotely the other 4 days.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user