Anyone live in or near Wien?

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am going to be in Wien for September and I was wondering if anyone that lives in the area wanted to meet up for drinks/food. Please don't be a complete mouth-breather.

Also taking any recommendations on hidden hole-in-the-wall bars I should check out.

Vinen

God is dead
I am going to be in Wien for September and I was wondering if anyone that lives in the area wanted to meet up for drinks/food. Please don't be a complete mouth-breather.

Also taking any recommendations on hidden hole-in-the-wall bars I should check out.
Wien, Wisconsin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This entire place looks like a hole in the wall? Unless you are referring to another location
redface.png
Looks like a 1 or 2 bar town =p

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've been before, but it was a short stay. I'm going to linger for a month or two this time.

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's an irish pub called Dublin in the 6th district. It was my old haunt. They've got darts on the second floor in the back. Stay out of city center on a friday or saturday night. It's a shit-hole.

Yussef

Molten Core Raider
There's a fantastic restaurant near Belvedere Palace that you should check out. Good portion sizes, tastes amazing and is priced well.

Salm Brau

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks, I need dinner tonight. I jog Belvedere in the mornings usually, think I've actually run by that place once or twice. I've been enjoying my time here so far, I've got a few friends luckily so I've been able to stay out of the shit spots like anything in the 1st district, never been much of a tourist.

Overall lots of nice pubs and breweries. A very hipster type of environment(or at least with the friends I know) which is a little strange but kind of fun. Easy to get places due to the tube and all the trams, blah blah typically city stuff.

Favorite things I've done so far:
-Wake-up: wakeboard lift. Totally novel idea, it's awesome.
-Water sports arena: basically man made white water rapids you can kayak in.
-Went to an awesome party at Vienna City beach club
-Went to the outdoor closing party at Prater Sauna: very interesting place. Think grunge meets EDM. I'd try to explain it but I'd fuck it up
-The Prater area itself is neat. Basically an amusement park in the middle of the city. It seems to be mostly a young people and/or date thing though
-Went to the art school gallery party last night. Think MA College of Art for those stateside. Again kind of grungy and dirty, lot's of strange people etc, but some really good(and bad) young emerging artists/students
-Outdoor rave/EDM concert I accidentally found at Rathausplatz. Ended up being a fun night
-DonauInsel/Donaustadtbrucke are U-bahn stops that have some nice waterfront casual bars
-Did a few weekends outside the city hiking in places like Hohewand, pretty but I hike all the time so it was normal to me
-Went to a football(soccer) match, obviously fun in any country where football is big and if you like beer
smile.png

Some bars/food places I've been(that I remember) which were fun:
-kiosk
-Cafe alt wien(even though it's in the first)
-Siebensternbrau(normal brewery and restaurant but fairly nice) and right next door a small unassuming place called "steirisch pub" which I ended up completely hammered
-liebling
-naschmarkt is kinda near for a drink at night on the way to someplace better or for a coffee and people watch in the morning
-cocktailbar/billardcafe downstairs, found this by accident but has pool, darts, and generally neat environment
-zweibester, absolutely amazing breakfast/brunch and it turns quite interesting at night as well