speekz.png

I've got a standard 5.1 setup with rears, fronts, and a sub and center

If I go into balance though:

balsagoth.png

It thinks I have side speakers :emoji_dizzy_face:

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This game fucking sucks.

The TTK is so laughable it turns it into something entirely different than a regular shooter. I mean I know it is trying to be different, and there are some positive things in the game, but holy fuck, I dont care how much armor or defense someone has they shouldnt be able to survive getting jumped on and be able to absorb an entire clip from a rifle. I guess thats why I hate battle royale shit in general, the skill doesnt matter as much its who can run around faster to get the goodies to give you a chance to actually kill someone. Fuck that trash.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
This game fucking sucks.

The TTK is so laughable it turns it into something entirely different than a regular shooter. I mean I know it is trying to be different, and there are some positive things in the game, but holy fuck, I dont care how much armor or defense someone has they shouldnt be able to survive getting jumped on and be able to absorb an entire clip from a rifle. I guess thats why I hate battle royale shit in general, the skill doesnt matter as much its who can run around faster to get the goodies to give you a chance to actually kill someone. Fuck that trash.
I completely disagree.

It is so nice to finally play a game where teenager aim and reflexes don't trump nearly everything else. The skill gap in the game is made up by movement and that takes practice and experience that only come from playing it.

It's also refreshing to know that if you get jumped, you still have a fighting chance if you aren't terrible at the game.

In any case, it isn't like experienced players are getting trashed by noobs who they got the jump on.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The TTK is the best and worst aspect of the game. It starts off short and ends up very long. You really have to land a lot of sustained hits including some headshots to bring people down before they can pull back and recover.

I just can't do it. I'm not good enough. It turns out that it actually takes more skill to pump 2 clips worth of 70% headshots (or 3 clips worth of <30% headshots) into someone to down them than it does to fall out of the sky behind someone and empty one SMG clip into them.

And that's why I've been playing Titanfall again instead of Apex, because I can still rack up kills in games that are just about flying around and getting the drop on people.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
BR games or pvp games in general will always suck when heroes are involved. There is no way to balance the game play.

I just want guns,, no pistols and no leveled gear or retarded powere ups.

Cybsled

TTK never feels right in many game because the player a) wants other players to die fast b) does not want the same to apply to themselves.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
TTK never feels right in many game because the player a) wants other players to die fast b) does not want the same to apply to themselves.
This. Having time to out think/outplay your opponents is great as we get older and can't just aimbot snap and burn people. Just look at the Warzone meta with low TTK. EVERY month it's just the same gun until it's nerfed or one is buffed in its place. I'd much rather get time to fight than just lazer brain people.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Seven Out

Trakanon Raider
TTK is high, but it allows for movement, team work for focused fire, and use of abilities. Also aim tracking rather than flicks. In Apex I know I'm rarely getting killed by some newbie player that could just get lucky in other games. There is also a lot of satisfaction in one clipping someone. Best BR so far.

• 1Like

Jozu

Nah.

I even headshotted a dude with bow and it didn't effect him. It was strange I saw yellow damage hit and proceeded to hit him 2 more times before I died myself to his buddy.

I guess it's just matter of preference, but wtf, you mine as well make the ttk even more, give the player the opportunity to just rack up points through damage! He'll, in some engagements the two players shooting eachother just give up and move on, so every encounter doesn't end up in a death.

Mine as well.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I'm traditionally a flick oriented player, and haven't really had much issue climbing to diamond a few times. Recoil is pretty much nonexistent. It's only really until I play in diamond lobbies do I see a massive disparity in mechanical prowess and some meta dick hugging. But that's a bit to the credit of their competitive system being a more "buy-in" than a elo system. Also making a smurf with a 8+ kda will throw you into a lobby with some extremely sweaty freaks of nature.

But that said, there is definitely a different talent than your average fps'r. Some of the Apex 1%'r look like they're playing a completely different game.. I remember watching some earlier aceu's videos and being blown away by his movement and map knowledge + extremely solid aim.. Fast forward, uhh 2 years now?

There are some players that will beam an entire clip of a r301 on you with ease... At sniper like distances..

But at the end of the day, brs are terrible esport games.. And are just celebrity death matches to a certain extent haha. And without any surprise, diamond-apex pred is dominated by controller players.

Last edited:

Cybsled

High TTK games tend to feel bad when it feels like it takes you 100 bullets to kill someone, and they laser you to dead in 2 seconds flat.

I've been playing Scavengers a bit lately and it has that feeling - you unload a ton of shots into a player and then they fucking delete you in 2 seconds with a SMG to the head.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
High TTK games tend to feel bad when it feels like it takes you 100 bullets to kill someone, and they laser you to dead in 2 seconds flat.
I get that playing pubg(lol) lately despite not having a really high ttk. I'm spoiled by cs and tarkov, where a headshot is a dead player.. And while I think I'm getting the head shot or line a nice bolt action shot.. They live either because the bullet dropped just enough, or they have a level 2 or 3 helm.. Meanwhile, I am constantly feeling like I'm getting 100 to 0.

Im not sure why Apex specifically doesn't bother me, but I do enjoy that Apex rewards a more hit and run due to the TTK..something I wish tarkov had a little more of, for longer engagements(after wipe deliciousness).. The hit boxes in Apex are also quite large compared to other fps's I've played, outside of going 4:3.. Which apparently valorant doesn't allow lol.

On a side note, the head shot values aren't really that big of a margin, esp outside of the slower firing guns like marks/snipe.. Skullpiercers have always been a point of controversy. Something like the r301 is like 14 to body, 22 to head.. But you look at other games, a head shot is a x2 or a 400% increase on its base damage, aka csgo ak47 32 to body, 128 to head.. Tarkov mostly use a protection system with gear, but headeyes is a regular after a certain point in ammo with protection.. But ultimately is a 1hitko with anything.. I personally don't think I've seen anyone survive a head shot without gear.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah during the Kilo meta in Warzone I was playing a lot and got pretty good and I could kill almost an entire 4 man squad with one 50 bullet mag with headshots.

That isn't good game balance.

Some of the most fun parts of this game aren't fragging but surviving against the odds using movement and abilities and shit. Fucking dodging arrows and Krabers with 20% hp running to some dead schmuck to grab his blue armor so you can dip the fuck out and maybe recoup to recover your teammates banners. That shit don't happen in COD.

• 1Like

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I like Apex but I also noticed that due to the smaller map size, it feels like you get ambushed a lot. There have been plenty of times when we're in a firefight with another team and a third team rolls up and shoots you in the back. But at least you are constantly moving unlike COD which becomes a camp fest half the time (especially in solo/duos). The new mode arenas is neat although it would benefit a lot from a ranked mode.

Jozu

What bothers me, as a new player, lets say I were a new player in the latest COD. I understand "arena" and team deathmatch are different than BR but 7 out of 10 players who have little to no experience would be able to jump in and have SOME impact in COD ( I know Warzone has taken over and is most popular) or Battlefield. They would be able to get ONE kill, or would get fucking get lucky and trip over a kill. Point being, this game doesnt really let you "jump in".

You feel it immediately. You are at a disadvantage. The only thing I will say, is learning the map is crucial, and always has been in FPS. So I understand that, but the movement dynamic makes the map knowledge element less of a factor as zipping around efficiently is ultimately the key to victory. Not shooting, not teamwork, not tactics, but....how fast can you move and do you know where you're moving?

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
What bothers me, as a new player, lets say I were a new player in the latest COD. I understand "arena" and team deathmatch are different than BR but 7 out of 10 players who have little to no experience would be able to jump in and have SOME impact in COD ( I know Warzone has taken over and is most popular) or Battlefield. They would be able to get ONE kill, or would get fucking get lucky and trip over a kill. Point being, this game doesnt really let you "jump in".

You feel it immediately. You are at a disadvantage. The only thing I will say, is learning the map is crucial, and always has been in FPS. So I understand that, but the movement dynamic makes the map knowledge element less of a factor as zipping around efficiently is ultimately the key to victory. Not shooting, not teamwork, not tactics, but....how fast can you move and do you know where you're moving?
I won't argue that new players have a tough adjustment period. Hell, I've been playing this as my main game for 9 months now and I'm just to the point where my movement is starting to be good enough to feel confident. I will say that it makes for a different and very satisfying gaming experience.

As far as the long TTK, I love it. What other FPS/BR can you play where there is a chance to take a fight and then disengage when it is clear you are outmatched or have a poor strategic location? It is unique in that aspect as well and the more I play the more I like it. It also feels fucking great not to be 1 shot head-shot across a map in 99.9999% of games (fuck you Kraber).

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
OG unmodified King's Canyon and World's End both going into quickplay map pool. Now all the people who claim they were good at "the best map" can go play and get asbolutely dicked on by sweaty no brain Octanes on controllers!

• 1Worf

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Dropped at Skull town over and over again and was hilarious with Fuse :p

Then some 3 man schmuck team who failed to join in the shenanigans started plucking people off from the top of the hill with Boceks.

I yelled out not on my watch, hucked my ultimate up there and a shit ton of grenades and blew all three up handedly. Then went back into the fray. It was like others were leaving me alone because they were pissed at them for being pussies and gave me a free pass as I was taking out the outsiders.

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
So lately, repeatedly, I am getting shot by invisible people. I don't think it is any kind of cheat, I think the game is just taking a long time to load people's skins in. Anyone seen this? It seems like it is when we approach a building with enemies inside. They run out and I can see fire but nobody there. I spin around trying to find them and eventually they appear.