Apex Legends new free to play battle royale game from Respawn

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Its accurate as hell but i wouldnt say op since it serves a specific purpose only / mid range fighting.

Its too slow compared to the r99 or a shotgun in close
combat. Its good all around but not excellent anywhere.

Copy. I tend to do well with it then because of positioning and moving when pinched to drive the other team into another if I can while roping around mid range to clean up the traffic jam I caused :)

Xevy

Log Wizard
Holy fucking necro bump.

Season 7 with new map/character comes out tonight. Should make it interesting with a lot of CoD BR fatigue going on. And in even more important news:

THIS SHIT IS ON STEAM NOW! You can pre-load it now and it launches at 8PM PST. Finally you don't have to use dogshit Origin anymore.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Tempting but this feels like one of those games that if you're behind the curve you get ahit stomped.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Tempting but this feels like one of those games that if you're behind the curve you get ahit stomped.

It really isn't. I had 4 friends in their mid to late 30s with no battle royale experience pick it up in the last 3 months and they are doing well. Granted, they all come from Counter Strike pasts, but none of us were semi-pro or anything.

Give it a try, I bet you will be pleasantly surprised.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
It really isn't. I had 4 friends in their mid to late 30s with no battle royale experience pick it up in the last 3 months and they are doing well. Granted, they all come from Counter Strike pasts, but none of us were semi-pro or anything.

Give it a try, I bet you will be pleasantly surprised.

Is this crossplay?

Cybsled

Main problem I had with Apex is they kept changing the guns massively in terms of how they performed and it has an extremely long TTK comparatively speaking. Granted I haven't played it in a long time.

Xevy

Log Wizard
TTK is definitely slower, but I like that as it allows you to actually outplay you opponent rather than being 15 feet from cover so you're insta-dead. They do balance the guns a fair bit, but they've done FAIRLY well in the sense that you can pick up all but one or two guns and feel alright for a fight if it's not within 5 feet or at 300 feet in the case of snipers and shotguns. And even some snipers do really well at 5 feet tbh. Warzone wins feel more earned, but Apex feels like a game you get to play due to very low amount of instagib. New map feels pretty huge though for only 60 people and if you don't land next to another team it's entirely possible you won't run into another squad until it's the last squad remaining.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Well, I take back my recommendation for playing this league. New experience system is a joke. 10 starts for one level and each star is 10,000 XP, even the first few of the week?

Pass.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
I haven't played since Season 3 but I'm back in and having fun. Feel free to add Jabberwhacky on Steam if any of y'all are back in and wanna group up.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Is it possible to have chat audio on headset and game from speakers on this dam thing?

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I am fucking sick of auto-aiming controller players fucking me up in a mostly PC player lobby. They need to cut this crossplay shit out or reduce the auto-aim for controller players by 75%.

TLDR; Fuck controller players.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I like the new 3v3 Arena they put in, but Respawn in their stupidity has no punishment in the game for leavers. 75% of my games have leavers. It's very frustrating to play because of it. The mode would be great if they had something in there to punish leavers. They shouldn't be able to queue up for a match for 15 minutes at the very least.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I like the new 3v3 Arena they put in, but Respawn in their stupidity has no punishment in the game for leavers. 75% of my games have leavers. It's very frustrating to play because of it. The mode would be great if they had something in there to punish leavers. They shouldn't be able to queue up for a match for 15 minutes at the very least.
Yeah, arenas are awesome, but some of the characters are just absolutely worthless for that mode. I guess the good thing is that the characters useful for arena vs. battle royale tend to be pretty different. I just wish Respawn could get a different publisher. They have an amazing game in Apex, but it's being marred by EA's complete garbage servers. It's hard to play an FPS competitively with their dogshit servers.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I tried to play last night and was rubber banding bigtime.

Rocket lady is cool, we grabbed on and she flew us up a bit.

My aim is still terrible. It feels like I can't carry hardly anything. Also I love that 30/30 or whatever. The winchester yeehaw lever action rifle.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
This is such a great game, shame it isn't more popular. Still by far my favorite BR of all time.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
My whole squad vs oblivious lone enemy:
20210509000909_1.jpg