Apple agrees to buy headphone maker Beats for $3bn

Neki

Molten Core Raider
This forum doesn't have an electronics retailer uppity up to get us all sweet Beats for cost? Come on now! hook us all up!
I dunno, I wouldn't want to be seen walking around with a pair of Beats headphones on.

When I see other people wearing them, my first impression is: 'Well, this person has more money than sense'.

It's like someone proudly showing you their new awesome Monster HDMI cable.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Hardware was the least important part of the Beats acquisition. They bought Beats because the iTunes purchase model is fading and they needed a subscription service to go against Spotify. Apple already tried twice with iTunes Radio and Ping, both of which failed. Beats Music is boasting 250,000 customers in its first six months and is poised to be more successful than either of Apple's previous attempts.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Whenever I see beats headphones I laugh and cry a little inside.
See, this is what I don't understand about this acquisition. Beats headphones have had seriously sub-par rankings and reviews (from what I've read), and you might think at least a portion of i-Whatevers know this as well. I'm probably giving the general population more credit than they deserve when it comes to marketing vs. quality.

I understand that the subscription service is Apples prime motivator, but 250,000 customers for 3 BILLION dollars? That's $12,000 per existing customer and a shit product.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
See, this is what I don't understand about this acquisition. Beats headphones have had seriously sub-par rankings and reviews (from what I've read), and you might think at least a portion of i-Whatevers know this as well. I'm probably giving the general population more credit than they deserve when it comes to marketing vs. quality.

I understand that the subscription service is Apples prime motivator, but 250,000 customers for 3 BILLION dollars? That's $12,000 per existing customer and a shit product.
Rebrand as iWhatever by Beats. Old brand problem solved. Doucbebags can't get enough Apple.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
I decided to try the music service after this announcement. I like how you can add full albums with a click, which is how Google Play Music does it. However, their web player sucks ass. Every song I favorited or added to my library was not listed in the web player. With Google, website and mobile are mirrored. I'll stay with Google's service.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

those iPhone users are also well aware of other superior, cheaper products, yet they continune buying the iCrap. The only complaint I keep actually seeing is that iCrap products come with shitty earplugs. Now those iCrapees can buy their $300 headphones along with their iPhone 6 purchase. So basically Apple can increase the profit per sold iPhone by $285.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah the headphones that come with iphones are the worst possible headphones you could ever buy in your entire life. iPods used to come with the same style headphones, but they had a black fabric over the earbud so that they stayed firmly in your ear - they don't come with that anymore so the headphones just basically dangle out of your ear. It makes sense though, as most people with iphones and beats by dre don't give a fuck about audio fidelity.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When a phone like the HTC gets "Beats" audio they tune so that if you turn that option off they sound worse. Some audio tech guy on reddit mentioned testing it on an HTC before and after they added Beats to it. The before phone had fine audio, the after phone with beats off was tuned to specifically sound shittier, so that when you turn Beats on it sounds better.

It's a pretty headphone with an EQ built in that makes shit louder. Dassit, $200 plz!

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
BeetsByDre.jpg

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
He's white.
Not busting on your comment but it made me think.

So from googling...

Dad Earl was half-black, one-quarter-American-Indian and one-quarter Chinese. 50% Black, 25% NA, 25% Asian.
Mom Kultida is half-Thai, one-quarter Chinese and one-quarter white. 75% Asian, 25% white.

So he's 4/8 Asian, 1/8 White, 2/8 Black, 1/8 NA. So this fucker is half Asian? Mind blown.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not busting on your comment but it made me think.

So from googling...

Dad Earl was half-black, one-quarter-American-Indian and one-quarter Chinese. 50% Black, 25% NA, 25% Asian.
Mom Kultida is half-Thai, one-quarter Chinese and one-quarter white. 75% Asian, 25% white.

So he's 4/8 Asian, 1/8 White, 2/8 Black, 1/8 NA. So this fucker is half Asian? Mind blown.
Either way, Tiger Woods became a billionaire through hard work. Dr Dre would be the first black guy becoming a billionaire the regular way, ie taking stupid peoples money.