Apple agrees to buy headphone maker Beats for $3bn

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Either way, Tiger Woods became a billionaire through hard work. Dr Dre would be the first black guy becoming a billionaire the regular way, ie taking stupid peoples money.
i would bet that Dre worked harder over his life than Tiger.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I would argue they both worked hard and deserve everything they have.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
What a stupid move for apple. I mean they already have the brand, right? People buy everything that has "i" on it, even if its inferior. So why buy this? They already have a music service and they could of branded their own ibeats headphones with all the electronic infrastructure they own, made them better and the apple brand on them would sell like hotcakes. I dont get it.

Apple was all about bringing new and innovative ideas/products to the market place under Jobs. Now they are buying up shitty brands? This is not the Apple of old. Jobs is turning over in his grave because of this stupid shit.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Meh, Dre did his fare share of work, bro, lets not discount what he did. He took a little fame he made with NWA and his own label and made it into a multi billion dollar brand. You dont do this while sitting on your ass smoking weed.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Never said he did, bro. But its harder to make it in the business world, coming from the ghetto, rather than just being good at something intrinsically and capitalizing on it. Again, not taking away anything from Tiger. Im sure it took many many years painful practice to get to where hes at.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I duno, Tiger was the best golfer in the world for a long stretch. Dre make the best headphones in the world?

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Dr. Dre has probably killed a few people through the years, that alone gives him the edge.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They already have a music service and they could of branded their own ibeats headphones with all the electronic infrastructure they own, made them better and the apple brand on them would sell like hotcakes.
And you know who would buy those? The same people that buy all their shit already. Someone explained it earlier, they're buying a different demographic with this. Their loyalists will buy the overpriced shit no matter what, they need to bring in new people to drive sales up.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
rrr_img_68075.jpg
rrr_img_68076.jpg
Dr. Dre has probably killed a few people through the years, that alone gives him the edge.
Wrong dude. Sorry to burst your bubble but anyone who wore lipstick and lace when he was part of the "World Class Wreckin Cru" was hardly considered a killer.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Never said he did, bro. But its harder to make it in the business world, coming from the ghetto, rather than just being good at something intrinsically and capitalizing on it. Again, not taking away anything from Tiger. Im sure it took many many years painful practice to get to where hes at.
im sure dr. dre had many rich white backers.