Apple TV+ thread

Oldbased

> Than U
Apple has a ton of good stuff. It just flies under the radar and isnt advertised much. Even Ted Lasso was mostly word of mouth for a long time. I havent been letdown by any of their original shows yet.
I've enjoyed most of the things I've watched but as I said I had seen most of it months and months back. They for sure slow roll stuff but that is probably due to the actors they use like JM for SEE and Tom Hanks for exclusive movies. Had to cost a pretty penny. Enjoyed both Hank movies last time I had it despite my hatred for him as a person now that we know more about his globohomo state.
I did forget Hijack which I watched a few days ago and it was decent and interesting.
Meanwhile Prime now has Cocaine Bear and I got it on loop for the luls and to annoy Shelly.

I'll make sure to try out Slow Horses, Black Bird and Shrinking since I have not seen those. Still got 7 weeks of the free 2 month thing left.
That 2 month free offer ends at the end of this month so if you don't have Apple + make sure to sign up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
hijack is on there and is supposed to be decent
s2 of foundation too but i haven't watched (s1 was trash)
theres a couple seasons of slow horses with gary oldman about MI5, haven't watched
mythic quest

and the biggie is Killers of the Flower Moon, directed by Scorsese and starring DiCaprio and Robert De Niro out Oct 20th on Apple TV+ and Napoleon, Ridley Scott's movie starring Joker
Hijack was stupid.

Probably started as a decent idea on paper, but I'm assuming they needed to stretch it out and so the writing was absolute shit.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Slow Horses is funny, well written, and has Gary Oldman, watch it immediately.
Black Bird with Taron Egerton and Ray Liotta is a homerun
Silo
Shrinking - Grumpy Harrison Ford rules
Hijack is kinda dumb, but entertaining dumb like 24
For All Mankind if you havent seen it yet is worth the watch

then as spronk said, Killers of the Flower Moon and Napoleon in the next couple months

The other shows in your list we've talked about in some capacity here but Black Bird was really good and even I forgot this was on Apple

Last edited:
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Severance is also really good although i read the set is a nightmare to work on and the showrunner and writer are at war with each other or something lol

Here It Is Ben Stiller GIF by Apple TV+

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
We started Shrinking tonight and really enjoyed it. About 5 episodes in. Sometimes the writing is just hilarious. The worst thing about the whole show is just how bad and uncomfortable Christa Miller looks. Just stop getting face work done, it doesn’t work and makes chicks look godawful.

Derek is fucking great and I aspire to be him in a few years. I accidentally thought it was Treat Williams and got excited and then realized it was Ted McGinley. Good for him having a steady show. That dude is in at least 1 episode of every show created if it goes on to enough episodes.

spronk

FPS noob
dark matter coming to Apple TV+ this year, its based off the novel by Blake Crouch who is also one of the writers/producers. it was a good book and seems to have a good cast

they also put out a trailer of other stuff coming out this year, Manhunt (the hunt for Booth) and Constellation look vaguely interesting

Goatface

dark matter coming to Apple TV+ this year, its based off the novel by Blake Crouch who is also one of the writers/producers. it was a good book and seems to have a good cast

they also put out a trailer of other stuff coming out this year, Manhunt (the hunt for Booth) and Constellation look vaguely interesting

at 1st glance got all happy they were going to finish the series....
1707278807807.png

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was confused what this had to do with Apple until I scrolled up.

Think I found a new song to rotate into my drum practice. Really liked the opening on that song and it has some really fun sounding fills.

Pretty insane those guys are all about 60 now.

Goatface

Rumors: Robert Pattinson Eyed for Lead in ‘Neuromancer’ Apple TV+ Series

Rumors are swirling around Robert Pattinson, famous for ‘Twilight’ and ‘The Batman’, being the top pick for the lead role in a new series adaptation of ‘Neuromancer’. The talk is that Apple TV+ is pushing forward with this project, based on William Gibson’s iconic sci-fi novel.

Insider Daniel Richtman has shared some juicy details. He mentions that Graham Roland is gearing up to write and showrun, with Jd Dillard set to direct. It seems like big names are being considered for the cast. We’re talking about Oscar Isaac, Chris Evans, and Taron Egerton, among others, but Pattinson is currently the one with the offer to play Henry Case, the antihero hacker.

The story’s all about Case, who’s got a knack for hacking but also a troubled past. He gets pulled into a high-stakes mission in a world where the lines between the digital and the real blur.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob

the showrunner worked on Fringe so thats good news

between For All Mankind, Foundation (meh but got better), Silo, Invasion (bad), Monarch (meh), Constellation (??) they are really locking up sci fi. Would be fascinating if they eventually bought out Paramount+ for the Star Trek IP with couch change.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob

have it on my plex but never watched, just not a story I really care about. aren't there rumors of a directors cut or some shit too