Aradune Returns to EQ aka the EQ Nostalgia thread

Fuvi_sl

shitlord
Brad is back

And finally admits the original Fiery Avenger quest didn't work.

Aradune_sl said:
That was a mess up on our part and I take the blame. The first quest involved talking to several sphinx and figuring out their riddles. This was begun, but then devs were distracted with other priorities. So you couldn't finish the quest (or even get far on it), but we announced it worked. When later we realized it didn't work, we ended up throwing the whole initial quest idea out and put a quest in that actually worked. This was, unfortunately, some time later.

This happening was not something we were proud of, so we never talked about it. Also my mistake.

-Brad

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Well, that explains those sfinxes in Rathe Mountains, always wondered what they were there for.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Is he going to get some kind of special hat if he's attached to every SOE project in under a year?

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
Well, that explains those sfinxes in Rathe Mountains, always wondered what they were there for.
From memory I think they were most players first encounter with the original Gravity Flux spell
smile.png

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well that took a while.
he kinda needs to get over himself.

like 0.1% of all gamers today know what he is talking about (myself not included, I started with Kunark)

he needs to figure out how to deliver a solid game now, not apologize for what he did wrong 15 years ago.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So they buried him in the broom closet the EQ dev team works out of to keep him away from EQ Next. Probably for the best.

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
He was on VG till Sept 2012 when they moved him to eq3 Next, now they move him to EQ1 to try to rekindle some magic for the game, get some players to stop leaving since eq3 next is 2 years away atleast.

Smart move by SOE.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
What exactly did he do at Vanguard? What exactly is he supposed to do at EQ?

More importantly, why should I care?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Brad McQuaid_sl said:
This was begun, but then devs were distracted with other priorities.
As was the case with 3 zones in Kunark, Sleeper's Tomb and Plane of Mischief in Velious, Vex Thal in Luclin, and half the Planes of Power Expansion along with about 70,000 other carrots.

You know what though? I am glad he is here if he * Had * to come back on the buddy system. Better in vanilla EQ and just designing (Relic games for relic designers sits just fine with me) than out touching anything else.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
You know what though? I am glad he is here if he * Had * to come back on the buddy system. Better in vanilla EQ and just designing (Relic games for relic designers sits just fine with me) than out touching anything else.
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I still think AlekseiFL is a lying piece of shit and Brad never confided in him that he was working on EQ Next. Putting him on Vanguard, and then on EQ 1 sounds closer to reality to me. Gives him a job to do without getting his tainted hands/name on their next generation title. I'm sure someday he will work in EQ Next, but the game will likely be in the bargain bin at that point so who cares?
cool.png

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I still think AlekseiFL is a lying piece of shit and Brad never confided in him that he was working on EQ Next. Putting him on Vanguard, and then on EQ 1 sounds closer to reality to me. Gives him a job to do without getting his tainted hands/name on their next generation title. I'm sure someday he will work in EQ Next, but the game will likely be in the bargain bin at that point so who cares?
cool.png
Yeah I am not sure where that information came from either. As far as I know, Brad was never working on EQ Next. Although it will be interesting to see where Scott Hartsman shows up once he gets back from vacation.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
cool.png
Brad confirmed he was never working on EQN. I also had another Dev tell me he was not on it. Not sure why he keeps saying he was on the project lol