Archeage

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I was watching a demo by Trion and the presenter said something like

"Once a week an item comes up to auction and the winner of that auction gets to siege your castle"

This doesn't sound very sandboxy
frown.png

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Man, I'm really fighting myself to not buy into alpha. It is (for me) totally not worth the cost, but damn does it look fun.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I was watching a demo by Trion and the presenter said something like

"Once a week an item comes up to auction and the winner of that auction gets to siege your castle"

This doesn't sound very sandboxy
frown.png
The design intent behind that system is 1) to prevent forcing a guild to defend their castle 24/7 and 2) to prevent zerg guilds from dominating.

If Guild A owns a castle, the right to attack that castle is auctioned off and the winning Guild B is allowed to bring 100 players to the fight. No one else can join in above that 100 player threshold. The actual castle siege is instanced to prevent a zerg fight. I believe the owner of the castle gets to schedule the date/time of when the siege starts but not 100% certain on that.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
It just seems so ... bureaucratic. Complete form B-22e and we'll send you confirmation of your castle raid time within 10 to 15 business days.

I like everything else I've seen.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It just seems so ... bureaucratic. Complete form B-22e and we'll send you confirmation of your castle raid time within 10 to 15 business days.

I like everything else I've seen.
It's a interesting compromise to help the whole have to defend 24/7 and a guild bringing 1000 people and just overwhelming you. Will see how it plays out, because building a castle is not easy and takes tons of materials, lots of time(weeks) and I would bet thousands of gold.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Lives. But not really no. Well tradepacks, but they're technically produce, not sure if you meant just growing produce.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
While I hate the Sov mechanic in EVE, it would be neat if you could potentially attack a castle anytime you want (non instance) then say have to attack again in 1-3days at a time of the defenders choosing like in eve. The devs should come up with other ways to discourage zerging.

Instancing is gay

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The amount of stuff in this game thats broken is really impressive considering how long its been released in asia. Even simple things like the auction house where if you need to list an item in bulk you set the bid price for the stack but the buyout price per unit. When fishing you need 5 different skills but only the first 3 can be hotkeyed, mind you the last 2 being the most important to hit quickly. The list is endless.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The amount of stuff in this game thats broken is really impressive considering how long its been released in asia. Even simple things like the auction house where if you need to list an item in bulk you set the bid price for the stack but the buyout price per unit. When fishing you need 5 different skills but only the first 3 can be hotkeyed, mind you the last 2 being the most important to hit quickly. The list is endless.
Hmm? I have no trouble selling a item in a stack of 100. I just set the per unit price to what I want and the stack total is displayed right below so I know what I want, then set the bid to slightly below the stack b/o price. I don't see anything broken.

Also you can bind all those fishing hotkeys.

Its not broken, you just don't know how to do it.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
While I hate the Sov mechanic in EVE, it would be neat if you could potentially attack a castle anytime you want (non instance) then say have to attack again in 1-3days at a time of the defenders choosing like in eve. The devs should come up with other ways to discourage zerging.

Instancing is gay
Are you in the alpha?

When you see how many resources it takes to build a castle, your opinion about instancing the sieges may change. I can't imagine too many people sticking around to play if it takes them a month to build a castle and some guild can come in overnight while they are sleeping and destroy everything.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The amount of stuff in this game thats broken is really impressive considering how long its been released in asia. Even simple things likethe auction house where if you need to list an item in bulk you set the bid price for the stack but the buyout price per unit. When fishing you need 5 different skills but only the first 3 can be hotkeyed, mind you the last 2 being the most important to hit quickly.The list is endless.
Looks indeed like a really impressive amount of broken stuff.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Are you in the alpha?

When you see how many resources it takes to build a castle, your opinion about instancing the sieges may change. I can't imagine too many people sticking around to play if it takes them a month to build a castle and some guild can come in overnight while they are sleeping and destroy everything.
Could they make it so it takes a really long time to destroy everything?

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Are you in the alpha?

No, I am not in the alpha. Was not suggesting people could attack and gain control. Merely attack put it into a vulnerable state where it could then be attacked a time of the defenders choosing and possibly be taken. It would be weird for a game like this I know, but I hope they come up with a mechanic better then instancing.

Of course It takes like over a month and a ton of resources to build a station in eve. People stuck around despite no instancing.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks indeed like a really impressive amount of broken stuff.
i mean the list goes on. 10 man raid on auroria doesnt always drop gear from bosses, AH doesnt actually sort by Bid amount, how easy it is to fall through the world. For a game thats been in post-release development for as long as archeage has, it has very little polish.