Archeage

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I'm confused about all this menial labor in a video game.

Also, isn't it going to be wiped when Alpha ends? o_O

Vitality

HUSTLE
Eh I went into why it's amazing a few pages back. Cows are fantastic. They're on 6 hour timers, drop rare mats too (variable market price of 1.5g - 4g ea) (used to build specialty workbench) self-paid after 2.5 days.

Chime in when you've actually done the comparison.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Not sure about the honeycombs. But, you need 2 Royal Jelly to make a submarine. Clem is 30k Alchemy now so we have that part covered. However, still looking for someone trustworthy with 25k Machining. Looked up the requirements to get that the other day and the cheapest item takes 2 lumber for 5 skill points. So, you need 20,000 logs to make that happen! Not going to bite the bullet on that one after grinding out 50k Metal working.
Damn bro, careful, you guys are running up your burn-out meter with these 50k/30k time sinks. Especially 30k alchemy, shits pretty buff. That's like 15,000 mushrooms man.

I'm just in it for some optimizations here and there, not looking to max out in alpha.

gox_sl

shitlord
Eh I went into why it's amazing a few pages back. Cows are fantastic. They're on 6 hour timers, drop rare mats too (used to build specialty workbench) self-paid after 2.5 days.

Chime in when you've actually done the comparison.
Cow are where its at. Finally got my farms up and rolling last week and as long as you can hit the timers is good. Only downside is the lack of room for other things that are not on the ah or are just over priced.

I think i ran into Vitality's & friends cow farms the other say. Saw a lot of cows and with the owner of the same name.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Cow are where its at. Finally got my farms up and rolling last week and as long as you can hit the timers is good. Only downside is the lack of room for other things that are not on the ah or are just over priced.

I think i ran into Vitality's & friends cow farms the other say. Saw a lot of cows and with the owner of the same name.
Make alts and put down small farms - ez pz for other crops. One 10 minute cow run pays for a weeks taxes easily. Takes 10 minutes and 20 seconds for a level 1 to get a small farm. (depending on mana potion use for sprint speed and ability to catch a shuttle) Time cut down if a friend tp's you to your farm quest area.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What's funny is as more and more people jump on the cow hype train, the chance that trion changes the vendor value increases, even though its not a lot of money in the long run. Even more so because its something the RMTers will probably flock too because they don't have to bother with the AH or pvp and can bot/swarm huge cow plantions.

Vitality

HUSTLE
What's funny is as more and more people jump on the cow hype train, the chance that trion changes the vendor value increases, even though its not a lot of money in the long run. Even more so because its something the RMTers will probably flock too because they don't have to bother with the AH or pvp and can bot/swarm huge cow plantions.
There's most definitely no doubt about this what so ever. Cow's will make or break this game.

#GameOfMilk

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
How the mighty have fallen, once not so long ago...they were walking in different elemental planes, slaying gods...now they are reduced to milking cows.
smile.png

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
How the mighty have fallen, once not so long ago...they were walking in different elemental planes, slaying gods...now they are reduced to milking cows.
smile.png
When people raid these cow farms and shit, do they shout "I drink your milkshake. I DRINK IT UP!"?

Vitality

HUSTLE
When people raid these cow farms and shit, do they shout "I drink your milkshake. I DRINK IT UP!"?
Cows are Invulnerable gods of white gold. Anyone who raids me while performing my fatherly milking duties gets promptly murdered and sent clear across the map to the nearest rez point.

The only class I have trouble with right now is the Reaper in 1v1.

eFlex

gox_sl

shitlord
I hope it gets nerfed as it should. I just am doing it because alpha and its nice money to put towards other parts of the game without burning out on managing a more diverse farm.

Menion_sl

shitlord
Damn bro, careful, you guys are running up your burn-out meter with these 50k/30k time sinks. Especially 30k alchemy, shits pretty buff. That's like 15,000 mushrooms man.

I'm just in it for some optimizations here and there, not looking to max out in alpha.
Oh, I am definitely throttling back on my gameplay. Submarine crap may be the last thing I try and will probably not get completed. (2 Royal Jelly and 2 Thunderstruck Trees are the real bottleneck)
Doing 50k metal work was a way to finish raising 3 new skill trees because I wanted to test Skulllknight. If you win the Halcyona war you get an XP buff and then convert Star Shard chips (2-3gp per stack) to Ingots. Great XP and they burn labor off quickly which means you need less materials.

I already pulled the plug on my alt and am going to go back to playing D3 and Watchdogs for a bit.

This may just be the onset of burnout but I have some serious concerns for this game long term.
1. The only real place to find PvP on a consistent basis is on the ocean. (Boat LOS sucks ass!) With intercontinental trade runs being the only way to get Gilda Stars (Other than Daily quests and Fishing) the combat on the open ocean is going to increase. The problem is that on land combat is becoming rarer and usually breaks down into a roving band killing farmers the call goes out and 20 people beat them into submission. (Usually ending in one side being Nui Shrine camped for the next hour)The arenas really need to go and there needs to be some sort of incentive for fighting in zones.

2. The crafting system is one of the best I have ever seen in an MMO right up until level 40 when RNGesus takes over the entire system and blows all of your work out the window. I have 50k Metal work and all the house items to increase it another 2500 skill. Yet, when I try to make a level 44/50 set of armor god only knows what is going to come out of the sealed package when you open it. Yes, end game armor should be hard to craft. But, it shouldn't take the stats you build up from the first pieces you made and scramble them completely. Oh, you made INT/STA/SPI/DEF plate up to 40. Well here is your STR/STA/AGI/SPI level 44 plate that has a 25% chance of even being able to be upgraded to 50!

3. The flagging system in this game is complete shit and it needs to be overhauled. There really are no penalties for flagging on and killing someone. The trial system while cool, throws the book at people who uproot a plant but on the other hand mass murders are set free.
smile.png
?

4. Castle sieges look cool right up until the point where you realize that you have to bid against other people with gold for the right to siege someone.

5. Trion has absolutely no final say on what goes into their game. They said in their last live stream that they have no code control over the game and all they can change is NPC text. It's a little scary that Trion has to ask XL games can you pretty please with sugar on top make this game change.

Really hoping that the new patch they keep talking about will fix some things.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Hey guys I just back from the future, Menion jumped to CU alpha as soon as ArcheAge released.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Burnout.doc
Valid points on the downsides of this game, hopefully trion realizes this as well.

My go-to labor dump currently is Mana Potions (if needed, I have like 2500 of the tier 3 ones right now) or making Potato Eye Bundles (cheapest purchasable seed) 2.5 silver per .4% xp + bait worms etc. Cucumber bundles are decent too, but fuck cucumbers.

Also you get your Farming skill up super quick doing this.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I see quite a lot burning out from alpha, especially seeing the way a lot of people are playing it.

Kroad

Trakanon Raider
Takes 10 minutes and 20 seconds for a level 1 to get a small farm.
If I'm reading this right it sounds like you can skip every quest after character generation and just run straight to the farm quest guy - no level requirement or anything?

I was going to test this out myself at some point but certainly good to know.

Vitality

HUSTLE
If I'm reading this right it sounds like you can skip every quest after character generation and just run straight to the farm quest guy - no level requirement or anything?

I was going to test this out myself at some point but certainly good to know.
Exactly, this time frame was calculated and optimized starting as a Western faction Elf. So mileage may vary for other starting zones.

Additionally the small farm quest gives enough xp for a level 1 to boost straight to level 4.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
how to levl to 30k alchemy. Get a stack of archeum dust. Sunlight, moonlight, doesnt matter. Combine, combine combine combine combine, break down break down break down etc.