Archeage

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Any word on an alpha wipe anytime soon? Probably going to give this another go, but rather not spend alot of time if a wipe is coming in the near future.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Well, beta'ssupposedto start this month so...by the end of the month?
smile.png

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Is that a guess or fact? I thought beta was going to be a series of open weekends/events or something opposed to flat out open beta? Sorry guess I should just research myself but figured I'd check with you experts!

Scyfi

N00b
Beta is going to be weekends or events and was said the alpha server will be down during those times. As for alpha there will be no wipe, it will roll over into a test server.

Anyone know a good place to farm moonlight and sunlight crystals?

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Great thanks. Also can you send things in the mail to chars from other "factions" or whatever they are called? (ie; if i had a character from one area and i'm starting fresh on the east can i send him a few things to help his start?)

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
i thought alpha users had access to the beta all the time not just weekends/events? so in a month or so ill be getting my character reset? good to know.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I'll explain this in simple terms.

1. Alpha is not being reset at any point. It will become the test server once the game goes live.
2. During the Beta weekends, the Alpha server will be inaccessible in order to drive traffic to the beta servers.
3. Once a beta weekend is over, the Alpha server will be accessible again.
4. Rinse and repeat 2 & 3 as needed.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
drive what traffic? people already in alpha arnt going to start over just to play in these lame ass weekend events, theyll just wait till they are over and go back to thier alpha toon, yah if you gave me acesss to my toon during th beta weekends then sure i could see them turning the alphas off to drive the traffic.

so i dont really understand it at all, i know im not gonna reroll just for the beta weekends / event, dont see many doing it either.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
people already in alpha arnt going to start over just to play in these lame ass weekend events, theyll just wait till they are over and go back to thier alpha toon, yah if you gave me acesss to my toon during th beta weekends then sure i could see them turning the alphas off to drive the traffic.

so i dont really understand it at all, i know im not gonna reroll just for the beta weekends / event, dont see many doing it either.
Not everyone in Archeage sees leveling as an inconvenience, since you don't need to reach max level to do most of the fun stuff. Some alpha people will definitely play beta weekends since alpha server won't be available during those events. That said, if you're playing for the buck, as both Vitality and Tuco already said, I'd advise to tread your alpha experience lightly since burnbout can happen quick in Archeage : most of its PvP is about ganking, PKing, stealing and robbing, aka make people mad. Most of the time you'll never find "good" PvP, it's all about group up some people and piss off some others. I don't want to sound like a jerk, but if your main goal is macro your ass up to max level and then care about "endgame content", you're gonna have a bad experience.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Not everyone in Archeage sees leveling as an inconvenience, since you don't need to reach max level to do most of the fun stuff. Some alpha people will definitely play beta weekends since alpha server won't be available during those events. That said, if you're playing for the buck, as both Vitality and Tuco already said, I'd advise to tread your alpha experience lightly since burnbout can happen quick in Archeage : most of its PvP is about ganking, PKing, stealing and robbing, aka make people mad. Most of the time you'll never find "good" PvP, it's all about group up some people and piss off some others. I don't want to sound like a jerk, but if your main goal is macro your ass up to max level and then care about "endgame content", you're gonna have a bad experience.
yeah i realize you dont need to be max lvl to enjoy the game, but you cant even hit a pvp zone till 30 taks a bit of time, i just dont see ppl rolling just to farm? i mean what content is there sub 30? so far its really stale and boring, there is 1 dungeon? i dont see the appeal for already etsablished alpha player finding anything worthwhile to do.

shit im only lvl 25 but theres nothing i could consider doing just on those weekends, give me some examples of content these players are gonna be doing that they havent already done on their mains? and yeah im not trying to be a dick either, unless some ppl really dont mind re doing the same stuff just on a diff faction or class.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Here's a preview of how release is going to look
Oklahoma_Land_Rush.jpg
ok other than rushing to grab plots of land asap, what else is an established alpha player going to do to "prepare" for launch that they havent been doing since they started alpha, thats about the only thing i can see as the beta weekends will be somewhat like "release" as in all the land will be up for grabs, maybe im missing something though.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Optimizing how you're gonna land grab, which land and how you're gonna get the ressources for it is pretty important, if you're any serious about the game. Other than that, for euro players I guess seeing how the game plays with less than 200ping is pretty important too, especially in terms of class choice. Currently on alpha playing certain classes just flat out sucks if you're euro, like they're literally shit. Like most of Shadowplay, which is one of the most important pvp tree, is extremely ping sensitive.

Other than that that's it, but you don't have to play the beta if you don't want to anyway. Alpha is running concurently so whatever. I also think that even if people get to 10 or 15 or 20, they'll still go to pvp areas just to fight with other people. Doesn't matter that the level appropriate zones are no pvp.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
how do you ven see your ping?

do you get extra exp for questing in the other factions areas? if so, how do i get to the other continent or w/e