Archeage

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
For now? Take advantage of cross-server AH. People are willing to pay for scarecrow quest stuff, lumber, iron, fabric, etc. Since you can use the AH to xfer money, people who are moving there have the gold to pay for the convenience.

For launch? Who knows?

Also should take advantage of the 20 LP every 5 minutes. Haven't seen any official word on why it's like that or how long it will last. Maybe a buff for the extended downtime?
Ah I didn't know the AH were shared.

And I was thinking more of static income, like the cows but that was only because the exchange rate to the merchant was great.

holy fuck did they kill edgewalker, manastars does like 50 dmg trying to fight other 50s they just out regen my shitty dps, I guess I have to go full healer, theres no dps edgewalker anymore.

this patch was a whole lot of bad.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
3 large farms of aspen trees, harvested twice a day, will net you ~100 logs per harvest per farm. That's 200 lumber a day. 100 Lumber sells on the AH for 14-16g. Been pretty steady. Plus the need for building materials for the new server. However, I do not know how long it will stay like that, with the larger ships being much, much more difficult to acquire. Also, you can squeeze a really nice amount of cotton in the space left. Cotton/fabric is also always in demand.

I haven't been selling them myself, just building. 4 clippers, and a merchant ship, with a cutter almost ready to sail.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
just threw up 2 large farms of aspens, decided to just level up a primeval and if edgewalker somehow becomes viable ill pick it up or lvl hierophant.

Don't see it working out for edgewalker though its gonna be a gimped healing spec, im more viable as a 10/50/50 hierophant.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
My main started as Primeval, switched out Aur at 40 for Song, (for pve) for the runspeed buff and health/mana regen (nerfed, ugh) about to switch back. Working on some other builds. BR/Def/Arch (currently level 29) is nice, I only use 1 point in archery, for charged bolt, low cooldown slow, which lets me combo whirlwind for an extra knockdown whenever I need. Open with Charged Bolt, Charge, Triple for knockdown, another triple, Shield Slam-Bull Rush for stun+another knockdown. Then depending on mob health, repeat, or CB/Whirlwind/Sunder. Lots of control. 22.3% crit right now. Solos elites pretty easily, sometimes need a pot. I'd rather something more useful than archery, but since I'm only using 1 point in it, it leaves me enough points to get all the deep passives in BR.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
My main started as Primeval, switched out Aur at 40 for Song, (for pve) for the runspeed buff and health/mana regen (nerfed, ugh) about to switch back. Working on some other builds. BR/Def/Arch (currently level 29) is nice, I only use 1 point in archery, for charged bolt, low cooldown slow, which lets me combo whirlwind for an extra knockdown whenever I need. Open with Charged Bolt, Charge, Triple for knockdown, another triple, Shield Slam-Bull Rush for stun+another knockdown. Then depending on mob health, repeat, or CB/Whirlwind/Sunder. Lots of control. 22.3% crit right now. Solos elites pretty easily, sometimes need a pot. I'd rather something more useful than archery, but since I'm only using 1 point in it, it leaves me enough points to get all the deep passives in BR.
unless im missing something I really don't see how the edgewalker class is supposed to kill something after this patch unless they severely outgear them, without manastars doing decent damage I just don't have enough output to kill someone before they kill me, even with weapon swapping to heal.

I rolled the class for its abilitiy to output enough dmg to kill, yet still have enough healing to do the pve content without having to constantly switch back and forth between specs/gear etc, all the class feels like now is a goofy off healing type, that if you want can take some CC of occultism, like I said even with wep swapping the damage is cut down big time and the heals suck, usually you can find something on google I cant find anything post 1.2 about edgewalkers its like the class dosent exist anymore and for good reason.

So my choice was, go necro as a dps option or hierophant or reroll completely gonna go with the complete reroll, as it seems primeval is still fairly good overall through the changes, and im not sure how tedious leveling a single tree would be specially witchcraft, because I would prefer to level that to 50 and roll as a healer, anyone have experience leveling a single tree at 50?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Any time I've heard anyone mentioned edgewalkers since the patch, it's been them saying the same as you, pretty much.

Also, from what I hear, in KR and RU AA, archers are the most popular class? I haven't really looked into it, been too busy trying out the different trees for myself.

Bottom line is, XL is clueless, and Trion, if they had a clue (based on what they did with Rift's soul system in the months after launch, I'd say not) doesn't have any power to make or request real changes. I mean, are there any actual Trion devs even involved in this deal? Or is it just thestellarcommunity team and some server hardware guys? Cause that's the impression I get.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
damn they even took away the lvl 20 rewards, with the increase to mob hp, taking away the wep that basically carried 90% of people to 50, they are pushing p2w so hard even in alpha its sick I almost don't wanna log in and just save myself because of how tedious its become just to craft gear on the way to 50 nevermind at 50.

the lvl 20 bow you can craft is 10 dps less, no proc and ass for agility.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, that's been coming for a while, all level up gift boxes are gone. Not too big a deal though, the quest rewards are much better (if they proc up), and come in sets too. My level 29 guy turned in 3 quests, got got a blue hood and boots, purple belt and pants and a gold hood. 4 of those are part of a set. Couple quests later, got a purple sword.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
decided to go stone arrow after wasting 21 levels on a primeval, not sure why seems different, and ill have to figure out a weapon swap macro for my mouse for the 1-2 abilities that require a shield.

Im not even sure how to make a macro without in game support for it, its been so damn long, I don't have a spiffy keyboard just a razer mouse.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also, from what I hear, in KR and RU AA, archers are the most popular class? I haven't really looked into it, been too busy trying out the different trees for myself.
Based on my pre 1.2 experience, Primeval-like builds are hard to counter because you don't have a lot of "retournement" (pardon my french, when one ranged CC skill can reverse a gank encounter) skills : Primevals have initiative, hit hard and they do their thing from distance. I didn't try last patch's changes, but from what I've seen unless you have heavy hybrid / heal / tank builds, Primeval is far above a lot of classes, chain food wise. Since Primevals didn't get nerfed, and since they introduced PvP stats and nerfed some healer builds, I'd say balance wouldn't be expected. Which is sad because Archeage combat gameplay is quite decent. I guess Trion didn't really put a full team behind their Archeage publishing.

Nija

<Silver Donator>

Raes

Vyemm Raider
decided to go stone arrow after wasting 21 levels on a primeval, not sure why seems different, and ill have to figure out a weapon swap macro for my mouse for the 1-2 abilities that require a shield.

Im not even sure how to make a macro without in game support for it, its been so damn long, I don't have a spiffy keyboard just a razer mouse.
The reason I dropped Aur in the first place, is that I didn't need it for leveling. It seems like most of it's utility for the class is for pvp, defensive and anti-cc stuff.

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
Anybody playing Archery/Defense/Auramancy (Bastion)?

I'm torn between that and Stonearrow.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Anybody playing Archery/Defense/Auramancy (Bastion)?

I'm torn between that and Stonearrow.
Seems solid, I kinda wish I went outrider seems a bit more dps oriented, I feel a little gimped on dps as a stone-arrow.

anyone got experience with yatas and if they are profitable? can never actually tell what sells by looking at the AH.

I put down some goats since I needed wool for crafting, but they suck, and the wool sells for shit.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
One of the new trade pack runs, in Solis, uses 20 yata fur. I ran a test pack to Villanelle and turned it in for like 4g and some change.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
One of the new trade pack runs, in Solis, uses 20 yata fur. I ran a test pack to Villanelle and turned it in for like 4g and some change.
is it just 20 yata fur? theres also a trade pack im gonna run for crafting mat that takes 25 goat wool / dried flowers, after I get the craft mats im gonna see what it exchanges for in gold.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Umm, all of them have one of the new ingredients. I think the yata fur one uses medicinal powder. Like 50.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
they made it impossible to get crafting gear unless you have 5+ friends on at all times, I tried turning in a trade pack at 5 fucking AM, there was STILL 20 people camping solzreed.

damn im sounding like a casual bitch, but idk they have to DO something about it, its literally shutting like 90% of the playerbase out, at least make it so you don't have to actually go click on the guy or something like banana packs?

Maybe it works like that? I just didn't even get close enough, 5 AM 20 people sitting at the docks WAITING? probably bots at this point game is gone rampant.

the only people that think this change is ok, are the ones who don't actually need the shit anymore, goodluck at 30-34 really getting 16+ rock salt stabilizers to craft that set of gear, yeah good fucking luck kid.

docks have to be DEAD wich I don't ever see being the case, or you need 3-4 bodybuards to make sure you can hand in your pack.