Archeage

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Hehe no offense Teckbro but that's part of the point of the system. You have to be social enough to get protection for your tradepack runs.

I haven't logged in in a while so I don't know what activity is like, but at release we'll almost certainly have scheduled daily tradepack runs at different times.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
they made it impossible to get crafting gear unless you have 5+ friends on at all times, I tried turning in a trade pack at 5 fucking AM, there was STILL 20 people camping solzreed.

damn im sounding like a casual bitch, but idk they have to DO something about it, its literally shutting like 90% of the playerbase out, at least make it so you don't have to actually go click on the guy or something like banana packs?

Maybe it works like that? I just didn't even get close enough, 5 AM 20 people sitting at the docks WAITING? probably bots at this point game is gone rampant.

the only people that think this change is ok, are the ones who don't actually need the shit anymore, goodluck at 30-34 really getting 16+ rock salt stabilizers to craft that set of gear, yeah good fucking luck kid.

docks have to be DEAD wich I don't ever see being the case, or you need 3-4 bodybuards to make sure you can hand in your pack.
Looks like you're having a "PvP in my MMO" problem.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Looks like you're having a "PvP in my MMO" problem.
I wish that was the problem im having, I leveled up exclusively on the other continent when I realized I could.

I don't even know how to respond to this other than that really, because as it stands you would need 4-5 people protecting you to make it through 10-15 waiting blood thirsty people lmao, and its not like you are even bringing your group to a fight or something you are literally bringing them to slaughter just so you can turn in a trade pack, this will no doubt be a better situation or worse at release due to people actually needing to do these runs, instead of most people already have hit 50 and are camping these spots now.

are you currently playing Bondurant? what level are you?

tucbro activity seems good, im on everyday but I don't think most people are gonna waste 15-20 minutes of their time just so you can hand in a trade pack, they have better stuff to do than be sheep for slaughter lol, that's why its probably an alpha only issue and will be better on release when everyone isn't sitting on 50, and has no need to run these packs for crafting mats.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
This is going to be yet another game where there are 5-10 packs of wolves fighting over scraps.

It's not fun enough to support the population of non-wolves.

Enjoy the hardcoreness!

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Well if you run around solo with something valuable on your back in a PvP game then you deserve to lose it.

I remember in the old days people used to use /ooc to shout out for people to join us and do things together. Everything from PUG raids, groups for dungeons, xp groups, farm groups etc..

Now you can try to do it solo and hit the forum to bitch that someone took your shit or you can guild up / group up and turn your shit in while standing on the still smoldering corpses of your enemies.

Your call.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Well if you run around solo with something valuable on your back in a PvP game then you deserve to lose it.

I remember in the old days people used to use /ooc to shout out for people to join us and do things together. Everything from PUG raids, groups for dungeons, xp groups, farm groups etc.. Heaven forbid you get some people together and go run your packs. Naturally you can try to do it solo and hit the forum to bitch that someone took your shit or you can guild up / group up and turn your shit in while standing on the still smoldering corpses of your enemies.

Your call.
are you playing the game? go ahead shout in faction chat that you are trying to round up people to go do a trade run from point A to point B.... im in a guild... but people dont go out of their way to be fodder for 30+ minutes for nothing regardless of being in a guild or not.... are you even playing?

you cant even shout in trade chat that you want to do a banana run, because people from your own faction will go rape you at lvl 20 for your pack, but yeah good luck with using world chat for trying to do cross seas trade runs, people are just going to laugh at you.

im not sure why people who aren't playing the game comment here, with stuff like that, and if you're playing the game you're a dumb fuck for suggesting I use faction fucking chat in this game for that kind of shit.

on a positive note, stone-arrow is pretty good so far, my archery is 43 but shadowplay/defense are only 28 sitting in lvl 34 gear and most 50s aren't a problem.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, man, you couldn't turn in a pack in an enemy zone at 5am? I can't turn in a pack at 5am in a friendly zone, lol. Greens (Oran'thul) will camp the Yny harbor entrance for hours just at the chance at a single gank to get a pack. It's a bit psychotic, imo. Peacetime? Lol, you guessed it, Oranthul throwing down a drydock and their ship to blockade that point of land, so you have to leave the peacezone to go around, if you have more than 1 pack. I love pvp, but green on green violence is lame, open to exploits like that, and the aggressor has all the advantages.

As far as overseas trade runs, while this patch had some of the changes Trion asked for, it doesn't have all of them. They've stated multiple times that in their version, doing trade runs on your own continent will reward gilda, like it used to. I don't see them letting this crafting mat issue remain overseas only as well. While, yeah, it's a pvp game, it's a bit of a pain in the ass for a friggin crafting mat. It's the whole sandbox thing again, they need to stop forcing shit. They want more faction vs faction pvp? How about harsher punishments for same faction crime. How about removing exploits like the ones I mentioned. Give players a reason to go pvp with the opposing faction, rather than taking the easy gank on their own side.

My latest 2 alts are Blighter and Shadehunter, liking em both, not sure how Shadehunter is going to turn out later, but seems good so far. Good thing about a heavy archery build, is that I can wield a staff for mag dmg and not affect my bow dmg, while still getting ok dps if I do actually melee.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I think part of the solution with the trade packs banking, is that people essentially camp the "turn in" NPC.

I'm not sure if this would be feasible but it would be nice if the profit splitting would smaller the closer you get to the turn in NPC, and larger the further away. What I mean is if you're in middle of the ocean, pirates get 80% profit and trader gets 20%, but if they camp the NPC pirates get only 20% and trader gets 80%. It would push people away from camping the NPC since it wouldn't be profitable toward trying to intercept traders in the middle of the ocean. I think it would create a much more interesting experience, than just banking near the NPC.

You'd end up with a more interesting action at sea, as this is where the profit is...and traders would have a chance to avoid or flee from pirates or at least making a decent profit if they make it close to their destination. In turn, this might encourage even more traders to attempt making trade routes, which would also make the sea much more interesting. I mean you could have ships with no packs trying to distract the prorates from the real prize.
smile.png

I have no clue if that would actually work to be honest, but I feel it would work better than what exist now.

Flake

Golden Knight of the Realm
You fucken pussy Tecknoe

.. my edgewalker isn't OP anymore
frown.png

.. I can't hand in my trade packs safely
frown.png

frown.png
:emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose:(( :emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose:(( :emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose:

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
You fucken pussy Tecknoe

.. my edgewalker isn't OP anymore
frown.png

.. I can't hand in my trade packs safely
frown.png

frown.png
:emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose:(( :emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose:(( :emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose::emoji_nose:
FUCK FUCK FUCK I wish I got the chance to experience when they were op, I hit 50 shortly before the patch, but to be fair nobody is playing an edgewalker even in kr/rus after the change -=/ even in full spirit gear with a club your heals are still poo poo, and your damage is completely cut down because of the nerf to manastars.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I think part of the solution with the trade packs banking, is that people essentially camp the "turn in" NPC.

I'm not sure if this would be feasible but it would be nice if the profit splitting would smaller the closer you get to the turn in NPC, and larger the further away. What I mean is if you're in middle of the ocean, pirates get 80% profit and trader gets 20%, but if they camp the NPC pirates get only 20% and trader gets 80%. It would push people away from camping the NPC since it wouldn't be profitable toward trying to intercept traders in the middle of the ocean. I think it would create a much more interesting experience, than just banking near the NPC.

You'd end up with a more interesting action at sea, as this is where the profit is...and traders would have a chance to avoid or flee from pirates or at least making a decent profit if they make it close to their destination. In turn, this might encourage even more traders to attempt making trade routes, which would also make the sea much more interesting. I mean you could have ships with no packs trying to distract the prorates from the real prize.
smile.png

I have no clue if that would actually work to be honest, but I feel it would work better than what exist now.
Sounds like a decent idea to me, that or something like it would help. Now, if there was only a way to keep people from camping alts at every specialty workbench. It sucks that a "friendly" or enemy force can know instantly when you're loading up for a big run, or even simply trying to turn in your cookies for a large farm.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Meh gonna pass on this game now. Alpha is too long and beta date is unclear. Every good dudes are probably gonna move on before the game even officially begins...

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
are you playing the game? go ahead shout in faction chat that you are trying to round up people to go do a trade run from point A to point B.... im in a guild... but people dont go out of their way to be fodder for 30+ minutes for nothing regardless of being in a guild or not.... are you even playing?

you cant even shout in trade chat that you want to do a banana run, because people from your own faction will go rape you at lvl 20 for your pack, but yeah good luck with using world chat for trying to do cross seas trade runs, people are just going to laugh at you.

im not sure why people who aren't playing the game comment here, with stuff like that, and if you're playing the game you're a dumb fuck for suggesting I use faction fucking chat in this game for that kind of shit.

on a positive note, stone-arrow is pretty good so far, my archery is 43 but shadowplay/defense are only 28 sitting in lvl 34 gear and most 50s aren't a problem.
I said to guild up or group up. You have a guild, fucking use them. I'm the dumb fuck but I have no issue turning in packs because I'm not the retard trying to run them solo in hostile territory. Much less bitching about it on a forum.

We've helped people run packs that we didn't know quite a few times. We've also helped our faction when getting pack ganked since everyone knows the guilds that will stab you in the back and steal your shit.

If you make yourself look like low hanging fruit don't be surprised when some ass hole picks it. Some solo bitch running with a pack on their back is fair game for anyone. Bring some friends and stop trying to play an open world PvP game like a solo chimp.

gox_sl

shitlord
1.2 is def a shock to the system. I am not sure it would have been as meh if we never played in 1.0. My primeval is OP as heck and is kinda boring only fighting other archers.

I am not a fan of the new npc mats nor the super expensive traderun mats for low-mid level crafting. This patch feels like it was meant to balanced and nerf a super inflated Korean economy, and since alpha wasn't in the same shape (yet) as KR was it makes the game very limited.

It will take some getting used to but besides some of the quality of life changes and needed changes it seems like the game is more bullshit and less quality things to do.

Also does anyone know if all the new added gear/weapon options that seems to break level 50/specs will make it to live? And what is there to do to make money now? Since i had to kill all my cows, bundles/worms seem not worth it. I am back to being poor with trees since it seems Omega is buying lumber at a better price than Alpha. Seems like grinding for items isn't even viable anymore.

At least it seems like leveling is way less painful and faster. It does seem like being in an modest sized guild is really not worth it(due to the traderuns currently favoring the camper). I guess i will have to start looking for a larger active guild so im not stuck playing farmville only.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I haven't played in a while due to anti-burnout contingencies, did they nerf cows yet?

If no: You all are a bunch of whiners
If yes: Have you taken a look at green bean vendoring?