Archeage

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Yeah I don't know what he is talking about. The quest system sucks but it is hardly a grind to get to max level. I had 2+ entire zones of content that i never even bothered with because I hit 50 early.

With the changes people level even faster.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Even with overachieving everything I could, it was more enjoyable than Wildstar. I get why you are stumped, it's questing so to you it's the same thing, but to me it's not. Archeage rarely had me running to the same areas back and forth (from what I played) where WS was the opposite. Plus I don't feel like I'm getting a ton of useless shit in my inventory which is nice too.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Combat goes a ton faster than Wildstar, mobs die quick and you can kill 3-4 at the same time without too much of an issue(or you could before, not sure with changes to magic/healing power but should still be able to nuke them down and then sit on your ass to regen a bit). Quests require about the same amount of kills as in Wildstar too even when you overachieve, that and/or you get less quests per hub than in Wildstar leading to much faster progression(equal kills, faster kill speed, less quests, move from place to place much faster). Matter of taste though but I preferred Archeage leveling a lot more than Wildstar also.

Character progression is faster too, while you only unlock shit every 5levels and only get 2skills points in that time, Wildstar gives you like half to 2/3rd of the abilities that are literally worthless to you until you do dungeons so you end up with a very limited pool of skills, further limited by the stupid action bar shit. You get more abilities a lot faster early on in Wildstar but you can't use them all and most of them are useless while Archeage gives you more useful stuff right away and you can train a bunch of them to test them out and see how they combo.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Even with overachieving everything I could, it was more enjoyable than Wildstar. I get why you are stumped, it's questing so to you it's the same thing, but to me it's not. Archeage rarely had me running to the same areas back and forth (from what I played) where WS was the opposite. Plus I don't feel like I'm getting a ton of useless shit in my inventory which is nice too.
Because they turned everything into coinpurses and streamlined all the quest rewards into undentified peices from 1 quest. In a sense everything has been turned into some way to spend labor. Loot drops have become almost not existent, with you maybe getting one every 20 levels.

Though once you start farming/crafting your inventory/bank become full of stuff.

Wont comment on the quest stuff, the two games are pretty much exactly the same when it comes to questing, with the only real difference being the amount of quest. Otherwise they all had delivery, use item on x, find Y, kill Z and both make you run around and back and forth. Again quest wise, not commenting on other parts of the game. Thankfully I have room for both, a good pvp semi-sandbox game and a good raid game(once I can play again).

Yeah I don't know what he is talking about. The quest system sucks but it is hardly a grind to get to max level. I had 2+ entire zones of content that i never even bothered with because I hit 50 early.

With the changes people level even faster.
Yeah if you spend your labor doing crafting/gathering/farming, you easily out level quest zones. I think I hit 50 with 2-3 zones left. I would bet if you straight did quest and just gathered stuff on your path, you would end up hitting 50 in your side's final zone.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
I'm leaning towards a Shadow/Def/Vit build. I'm wondering how well stealth hides you from other players. I noticed it works as a 100% agro dump.

Defense has real nice +health buffs. The shield slam/stun is on a low cool-down.

Vit has pretty lousy healing but its something. The ability that roots and adds + 12% damage is nice too. Still deciding on this spec as it could be swapped for Battle and Aura too.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm between a darkrunner or templar. The latter probably being a pain to level up unless I can find a partner each time.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So are there plans for a Rerolled guild? Or is the new thing to just roll up with PRX (or roll the same faction as them)?

I've missed out on the last few MMO's (last one was FFXIV), so I'm not sure how this works.
So far the thing is to just roll with PRX. We closed recruitment until we see how many we have closer to release, and we're deliberately advising people to not burn out in alpha. But we have a deal where anyone on RR is welcome to join. Currently there's a lot of RR folks (probably 50+) playing with PRX.

ArcheAge should be a great game for PRX. We're a guild set up to do world PVP, territory control, sieges and crafting. There's a number of flaws that Kedwyn and others have pointed out about the endgame, but we're really looking forward to release.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not sure if anyone has an answer to this question, but since there's no box to buy (and therefore preorder), has Trion made any mention of paying for just the headstart? As we get closer to release and less beta tests, that extra value from the founders pack isn't really there. I'd rather just do the F2P thing in the betas and then buy early access/patron at release, vice spending $50 for the whole damn thing.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I haven't heard of anything, no. $50 is the cheapest way for headstart, which if you're serious about owning land you'll want to do, lol.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
if you don't play headstart, don't play this game.
Which is why I asked. If there's no way to pay for just head start I'll probably just buy the $50 pack.

Outside of bag expansion though, I have no clue what the hell I'd even want from the cash shop.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Which is why I asked. If there's no way to pay for just head start I'll probably just buy the $50 pack.

Outside of bag expansion though, I have no clue what the hell I'd even want from the cash shop.
Labor potions lots and lots of labor potions.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I wish they'd make a server you had to pay $15 a month to play on and got rid of all the stupid pay to win garbage.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wish they'd make a server you had to pay $15 a month to play on and got rid of all the stupid pay to win garbage.
Not sure I would go as far as separation, but remove some of the more "in your face" f2p aspects? Yes. I do not like how they have literally turned everything into some way of spending labor. Also lax some of the f2p aspects, not give them everything but some of the restrictions are too much imo. You want people to stick around and play not come to wall that is "pay or quit". Granted this is what based on what i've seen or read. I've heard the rumor about paying for patron with gold, but for a f2p player that's got to be fun when you can't have a large farm or sell things via the AH or even if that rumor is true.

One reason I'd rather just every game just went Sub and cosmetic shop and everything was accessed via the game(including mounts).

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pirate weeaboos

rocrUzp.jpg