Archeage

Vitality

HUSTLE
Do you need to be lvl 10 to pick up the farm quest?

I was thinking of just running straight to the quest giver, travelling to place the farm and then catching up levels grinding in the 10+ zone.
They changed it in 1.2 apparently, initially I ran to the quest giver at lvl 1, none of the quests were available. Which is why I'm timing out the 1-10 leveling.

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
They changed it in 1.2 apparently, initially I ran to the quest giver at lvl 1, none of the quests were available. Which is why I'm timing out the 1-10 leveling.
Thanks. The other thing I was considering is just trying to out run the clusterfuck of people in the early leveling area and doing the land grab toward the end of the first day when I'm out ahead of the pack. Maybe running straight to the second zone with a friend, grinding a little and then picking up the quest chains from there. Might need to do the green quests on the way, or maybe could come back later. With only one person getitng xp/credit for mobs I think respawn rates and mob competition could really be an issue so that if you can get ahead of the pack progression will be much faster.

Do you know if we get our alpha/beta glider right at level 1? Or if we can use the shop mounts right away?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think the big thing will probably be to find the group of people you're going to family with and starting off at minute one with them. Party up and you can get shared quest credit kills. Share your farms when you get to that point and start growing everything for every turn in from the first trade pack through large farm trade pack, plus keep an eye out for a ton of mining nodes and trees for at least one clipper (and the nodes for the trade pack quest).

Vitality

HUSTLE
Thanks. The other thing I was considering is just trying to out run the clusterfuck of people in the early leveling area and doing the land grab toward the end of the first day when I'm out ahead of the pack. Maybe running straight to the second zone with a friend, grinding a little and then picking up the quest chains from there. Might need to do the green quests on the way, or maybe could come back later. With only one person getitng xp/credit for mobs I think respawn rates and mob competition could really be an issue so that if you can get ahead of the pack progression will be much faster.

Do you know if we get our alpha/beta glider right at level 1? Or if we can use the shop mounts right away?
Not sure on the glider/cash shop mounts. There are 25s movement speed buffs on the road near the quest npcs in the initial starting area if you're looking to sprint ahead.

The tricky part here is that you add minutes to your leveling time (which add up significantly) in TTK (time to kill) and downtime requirements of fighting monsters that are higher level than you. (This is all from the point of view of a battlerage starting character)

And in the metrics video you'll see a steady differential of .14% level per kill when comparing a +1 clvl (character level) mob to an equal lvl mob. But you'll see a huge jump in TTK (something like 3-4 seconds) so the trade-off is pretty significantly in favor of -1clvl or =clvl mobs depending on density.

Mileage may vary with other classes though (will look into it after I finalize the battlerage 1-10 metrics tonight)

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know mounts/gliders from shop are available right away. Not sure about the gliders from founder's packs. Probably buy a glider right away and a labor potion.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I know mounts/gliders from shop are available right away. Not sure about the gliders from founder's packs. Probably buy a glider right away and a labor potion.
Well that's a significant boost to the initial run time of your groups land-grab runner/porter. Given that the gliders/mounts are usable at level 1.

Not that it really matters (unless you park characters in spots so people can't claim land) as the lvl 10 requirement for the farm quest normalizes things a bit.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
So I bought the Silver founders pack, have the purchase receipt, but if I go to My Account - Manage Games on their website and pick ArchAge, it just shows me the details to buy all the Founders packs. The Glyph launcher thing they have for games only shows me Rift (which I played at release)...

Felmega_sl

shitlord
I'm guessing you're unable to download the client until closer to the actual beta 2 event date. This is how it was for the first beta event.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So I bought the Silver founders pack, have the purchase receipt, but if I go to My Account - Manage Games on their website and pick ArchAge, it just shows me the details to buy all the Founders packs. The Glyph launcher thing they have for games only shows me Rift (which I played at release)...
Wait a couple minutes and close down the launcher and re-open it. Also make sure you applied the key to the Trion account if there is one.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Wait a couple minutes and close down the launcher and re-open it. Also make sure you applied the key to the Trion account if there is one.
That doesn't do anything and I bought the Founders pack directly through my Trion account page. Hopefully Felmega is right!

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Played the game with a Silver pack on first beta weekend. The questing is lame but at least it doesn't take itself too seriously by barraging me with 10 paragraphs worth of shit to read to figure out the objective. I like the combat and the combo system, nothing much new here but the responsiveness is tight even with beta lag. Leveled to 15 on east and west side. Seems like east side has the initial advantage, I had more about 5 more gilda stars by level 15 than on the western side. I just can't see myself playing as an asian teenager or a cat person. My goal is to hit 50 gilda stars as fast as possible and plopping down a small scarecrow and a thatched farmhouse on a major traderoute. Lords of the Dead is rolling western side so I joined them and I think the landgrab won't be as crowded since most people seem to be rolling east.

skylan_sl

shitlord
Btw think keys are going out to some sites.

Archeage Second Closed Beta Key Giveaway | Free Online MMORPG and MMO Games List - OnRPG

From a stream I was watching.
Is that site legit? I tried on chrome, firefox, internet explorer, and whatever half assed browser my phone has on it to grab one of the supossed 1862 keys left. I can register just fine but go to click on the "claim key" and it's just an image, not a link. Anyone able to help? I have a feeling I'm going to hate this game, so I don't want to drop money on a founders pack. I'd like to give it a shot though because it's not like I've never been wrong

spronk

FPS noob
i got a beta invite from signing up for beta, don't have alpha or any subscribed rift games. didn't get a key, just my trion account got set to beta status and was able to install the game (22 gig download) using their glyph launcher

Vitality

HUSTLE
Weird, I can get a key from this, but when I try to log in to my trion account I get "Webpage is unavailable". Now to figure out whether its my problem theirs
From Reddit:

""All you have to do to redeem your key is open ( or download and install) the glyph launcher, sign in and go to the store, click on archeage, and then where it says apply code click ' Learn more ' it will take you to the Redeem Code page. Insert your code and then give it some time and it will let you install the game.""

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
From Reddit:

""All you have to do to redeem your key is open ( or download and install) the glyph launcher, sign in and go to the store, click on archeage, and then where it says apply code click ' Learn more ' it will take you to the Redeem Code page. Insert your code and then give it some time and it will let you install the game.""
Right on appreciate the info, it got me where I needed to be. Unfortunately my key didn't work, but at least I am in the right place if I get one later. Thanks