Archeage

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm still trying to plan out what I'm going to do with the headstart time. Since I don't have a group to roll with at launch, I'm thinking questing to 15 for gilda stars to place the a house would be step one. It puts me behind on the trade pack quest, but I think I can setup a small farm after that and work on it a little while I'm gathering materials to complete a house. The only other course of action I considered was going for the dry dock and a ship first, but I think I don't want to miss out on the initial land grab. For those that are playing with groups I do envy the amount of coordination that could occur with labor- especially in terms of processing materials and building.
No need to run solo, Sumi! There's plenty of room with us.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
totally worth it cinge, you don't need to level the thing at all just get the quest done, that's the best part im the same as you im not an ALT person but for this its a little essential plus its painless for the amount you gain.
Think you need at least 10, to get the small farm quest and start the chain.

Cybsled

No need to run solo, Sumi! There's plenty of room with us.
What are your plans for launch? West or East continent? I don't have anyone to run with, so even a RR guild that will vanish in 3-4 weeks after launch is a step up ;P

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What are your plans for launch? West or East continent? I don't have anyone to run with, so even a RR guild that will vanish in 3-4 weeks after launch is a step up ;P
He's with PRX, east. Don't really have to worry about the guild disappearing on you, even if the game turns out a dud.

Cybsled

Curious about the difference between east and west. I've only tried the Nuians and Elves, primarily because I don't care about the furries. Are there advantages to the East continent?

Cybsled

West definitely is superior in breast size lol
wink.png
Tuco, are we able to apply w/o a high level alpha/beta character, or is that needed to evaluate? I came late to alpha, but I'm not exactly keen on putting in tons of time/effort to get to max level, only to have it wiped in the near future.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
wink.png
Tuco, are we able to apply w/o a high level alpha/beta character, or is that needed to evaluate? I came late to alpha, but I'm not exactly keen on putting in tons of time/effort to get to max level, only to have it wiped in the near future.
No level requirement for Rerolled folks. Go ahead and throw up and app and I'll vouch.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
wink.png
Yeah I made a elf to explore the west side to learn some of the places of interest(popular mining spots, quest hubs, dungeon entrances, popular housing spots etc), and it was like BAM! compared to the asian chick I had on the other side.

Sumi_sl

shitlord
Nice info on the 3rd beta! I plan on going west because the Nuians story seemed a bit more interesting and I liked the starting items they get fairly easy (horse mount, rowboat). I tried the Elfs and the Harani annoyed me a bit. Will not try Firran ~_~.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
We're going east. The differences between the races are pretty slim. Most people find the east's area and quests to be better. I couldn't care less. My environment is the battlefield and my quests are the destruction of my enemies.
u-warrior-twitter-630.jpg

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Why you can only hope there is enough servers to spread out and that players actually spread out(laughable I know)or trion forces them too.
That's even more laughable. I don't see how they could consider this. If they do and people can't get on the same servers with their friends and guildies (like in WS with Stormtalon), AND land gets all grabbed up before Trion allows them, there will be hell to pay.

No one will roll on a server where they know absolutely no one in a game where everything depends on you knowing someone.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's even more laughable. I don't see how they could consider this. If they do and people can't get on the same servers with their friends and guildies (like in WS with Stormtalon), AND land gets all grabbed up before Trion allows them, there will be hell to pay.

No one will roll on a server where they know absolutely no one in a game where everything depends on you knowing someone.
It's a double edged sword. You are going to get people pissed either way. Because players have shown time and time again they will all crowd into specific servers, then bitch and moan the entire time about issues that come up from that(queues, in this case land space etc).

They will know exact numbers that can be on during HS, they could release more then enough servers during HS to allow all those founder players to spread out and have lots of land available on every server, but do you trust players to do that?

I can almost see 3-4 servers being completely filled in a week, maybe even HS, land claim wise. Not counting north where you need a castle first.

Imo one thing should think about doing, add a another column next to the population on the server selection screen that shows available land at that current time(split by faction) so they can at least say "Well it showed 95% of the land was taken, why did you go there anyway and then get upset you can't find a spot".

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Speaking of head start / launch day, don't forget there will most likely be a lot of hackers with F2P accounts running around, using youtube search to choose which hack they'll use today : teleport, item / gold dupe, instakill, mob spawn, you name it, the game client looks like a drunk redhead girl in a Irish bar. Got banned ? Reboot router, get another F2P account, check youtube, rinse and repeat.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Short question: Does it matter where I put my farm ? Is the land basically equal? I didnt get past Level 12 in Beta, because I dont want to burn any of my motivation so I can properly poopsock, when headstarts arrives. Also none of my previous guilds plan to play this. It will be a pita to find a suitable guild.

Cant wait to play this game. Probably will spent most of my time in jail ;P

Cybsled

There are basically 2 considerations: Climate for what you plan to grow (some stuff does better in certain climates...temperate is king AFAIK) and location. The best spots will be one near the crafting stations and good access to ideal trade routes (proximity with airships/carriages or rivers that let you use a rowboat and get to the sea).

Jaybee

Silver Knight of the Realm
As you acquire more property, do taxes increase linearly or exponentially? Is there a "sweet spot" i.e. 2 smalls, 2 larges, and 1 farmhouse?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It's a double edged sword. You are going to get people pissed either way. Because players have shown time and time again they will all crowd into specific servers, then bitch and moan the entire time about issues that come up from that(queues, in this case land space etc).

They will know exact numbers that can be on during HS, they could release more then enough servers during HS to allow all those founder players to spread out and have lots of land available on every server, but do you trust players to do that?

I can almost see 3-4 servers being completely filled in a week, maybe even HS, land claim wise. Not counting north where you need a castle first.

Imo one thing should think about doing, add a another column next to the population on the server selection screen that shows available land at that current time(split by faction) so they can at least say "Well it showed 95% of the land was taken, why did you go there anyway and then get upset you can't find a spot".
If they had some way to conquer land I think I'd prefer to be put on a stuffed server with a bunch of PvPers who are constantly fighting over land. Right now some of the best land fights are when someone's farm expires and two groups fight over who claims it.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
As you acquire more property, do taxes increase linearly or exponentially? Is there a "sweet spot" i.e. 2 smalls, 2 larges, and 1 farmhouse?
It's kinda both. The tax increase on each property is rather small, but it increases for each property. I don't pay much attention to it, but I think it goes up like 5 for each property past 3? Something like that. Anyways, if you have like 7 properties and add one more, your tax increase alone is like 40 tax certs, which is 1600 LP. I have 7 right now, since I recently demo'd one. But, with 8, my farmhouse tax was 60, large farms were 40. The only way I can keep up with it is by buying labor pots from the AH, since they are so cheap right now thanks to gold sellers.

For most people, I don't see much reason to have more than say, 1 large farm, 1 farmhouse, or 2 large farms and a house.