Archeage

skylan_sl

shitlord
By the way, I looked back a few pages but didn't see it. Does anyone have a link to the rerolled guild site for this? I'd like to apply.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
Since when did alpha and beta become the game for a lot MMOs these days. I don't understand why so many people are dying to play a game in a buggy, unfinished state. When does the thing go full release is all I really care to know.

skylan_sl

shitlord
Game is fairly polished due to already being released in Korea. This one is pretty important to get a handle on early so you know what to do during headstart. Assuming you want a house / land.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Since when did alpha and beta become the game for a lot MMOs these days. I don't understand why so many people are dying to play a game in a buggy, unfinished state. When does the thing go full release is all I really care to know.
In this situation, its a game that has been out for what 2 years now in korea? So it was pretty much finished already when it started alpha here, with just mainly translations being done. Most of the work, outside translations, seems to be around getting all the infrastructure and behind the scenes systems up and working and trying to get changes in to make it differ from korean version.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
And since you might not care a lot about people getting mad or cat butts, there was an official stream last night :

TrionWorlds - ArcheAge CBE2 Recap Livestream - Twitch

- There will be Open Beta shortly after CBT4.
This one is a little off, which is perfectly understandable. I understand English fine and I still have trouble interpreting what they mean most of the time. They really need to throw up a post after each livestream with simple bullet points of the actual information that was stated.

Anyways, they said that they have a schedule mapped out, but that we (the audience) did not know it. Then they confirmed a CBT4. They did not say whether or not that would be the last CB event.

Considering the fact that they are still in discussions with XL about the next few changes, rather than waiting on a patch that's already being worked on, I could easily see there being enough time for a CBT5. At the very least, if they can get the next update before CBT4 (which I assume will happen near the end of this month) then maybe 2 more weeks of Alpha, then OB mid September.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here's a better retranscript from last night's official stream :

CBT2 was 4 times as many players as CBT1
Expect some fun stuff at PAX
Skillqueues are coming, no ETA yet (going to take a while)
No labor required anymore for quest rewards, should be in for open beta
No ETA for new races / new areas
Servers will be located in texas and amsterdam
French and German localizations upcoming. Language can be switched independently of server you are on
Alpha is crowded which is why Omega was added
Omega was meant to be located in EU but due to hardware restrictions didn't happen
Auctionhouse will be shared across NA and EU servers
Pre-paid patrontime will start ticking down at launch, not at headstart
More anti-bot and anti-spam tools being tested in CBT3. These tools are being deployed to alpha+beta too
Wordfilter should keep improving (so you can finally see "morning" e.g.)
CBT4 will happen, no date yet
Open beta after that, founders will have patron status in open beta
At the end of open beta all servers will go down in preparation for headstart. Servers are being wiped at this point
At the end of headstart servers will go down once more in preparation for launch, this should be a short downtime only
Settings not persisting between game restarts is recognized as issue
Credits for the in-game shop can be purchased for next beta. These credits can be used now and will be re-funded for headstart (if you are in it) or else for launch
APEX will be in for launch, possibly already for open beta. APEX are tradable on the auctionhouse
Wagons will be dyable at some point (no ETA)
New glider models incoming
Founder's pack items should be available by open beta (coding for it not finished yet)
Alpha and Omega will be going down for open beta, since the hardware is needed for launch. At least one of those two servers will come back up as test server later on if and when needed
Existing closed beta servers will persist by name for launch (player data will be wiped)
Server transfers will be possible post-launch (no ETA yet)
afk kick timer prolly not coming before OBT
OBT build will be as close to the launch build as possible
ArcheAge will be available on Steam
Next build will arrive on alpha before it hits beta servers
You can gift a founders pack to a friend from the trion website
Feedback is mostly taken from AA forums, so go give it there
Labor potions are under discussion with XL Games, no details yet
You can use skins you like for other gear, and keep transferring the skin to new gear as often as you like
More costumes will appear in the shop
No plans for addon support in the near future, possibly later
Beta invite does not entail headstart access, that only comes with a founder's pack
Free players will be able to own houses and farms via APEX
No roleplaying servers at launch, maybe later on
More contests are going to happen (akin to recent emblem contest)
Level cap at launch will be 50
Trion is considering to limit access to castle building at launch to give more people an even chance at having a shot at them apart from the alpha pros.
Tractor collision problem is being communicated to XL Games for a fix
Dragging your ship onto land or taking airship rides with it is not planned to be disabled
Archeum drop rates and crafting system is being discussed with XL games
Launch will be with version 1.2
After launch work will start to update to 1.7, but translation into 3 different languages is time-consuming especially having to start from korean
Trion is happy with the trial-system as is, since they want it to be open to player decisions (including bribes or whatever else players may think of)
Founder's pack items: in the archeum pack the crest brainstorm (1) and lockboxes (6) are per account, everything else is per character
Pricing of items in the marketplace is still being tweaked. Mirage Isle prices are considered pretty much set
No current plans to introduce body customization
If your patrons status expires, you have two weeks to regain patron status to be able to pay taxes for property. If you miss that timeline your property will be up for grabs
Trion would like to expand the distance at which sails appear on the horizon, discussion with XL Games in regards to that is ongoing
In-game gold price of APEX will be purely determined by player demand and supply
FromArcheAge CBE2 Recap Livestream Transscript : archeage

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So much "have to talk to XL". It's almost like they don't have access to the code, but have to give the "ideas" to XL, and if they approve they send the new code back to Trion.

Wish someone would ask about weapon skins. They have quite a few clothes, but not a single weapon skin in the marketplace, it's very odd.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
So much "have to talk to XL". It's almost like they don't have access to the code, but have to give the "ideas" to XL, and if they approve they send the new code back to Trion.

Wish someone would ask about weapon skins. They have quite a few clothes, but not a single weapon skin in the marketplace, it's very odd.
Almost like? It's exactly like. This has been pretty obvious from the start, but to clear up any confusion they actually went over it in detail in a recent livestream. They collect their data and feedback, take it to their internal "design" team, discuss what would be the best changes to make, then take that to XL. XL then decides what to change and how, and codes a patch which they then send to Trion. Other than some server and Glyph related stuff, as well as the Marketplace, Trion cannot fuck with the game code. All final decisions are made by XL, period.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The XL > Trion relationship is sketching me out a bit on this game.
Yup. It's sort of a double edged sword. On one hand we're all but guaranteed to have a fairly bug free and complete release. On the other hand what we've got in Alpha is pretty much what we'll get in release. There's no hope for a miracle patch to tweak the game's flaws. Flagging issues? they're staying. A somewhat sparse or 'open' endgame? That's not going anywhere. a PVP system where the only attackers can gain something and only defenders can lose something? Not changing.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yup. It's sort of a double edged sword. On one hand we're all but guaranteed to have a fairly bug free and complete release. On the other hand what we've got in Alpha is pretty much what we'll get in release. There's no hope for a miracle patch to tweak the game's flaws. Flagging issues? they're staying. A somewhat sparse or 'open' endgame? That's not going anywhere. a PVP system where the only attackers can gain something and only defenders can lose something? Not changing.
Yeah I agree with you but it seems since start of CBT weekends XL Games has shown some flexibility (labor, etc), probably because they didn't expect the game to become kind of that popular in "West" with Steam and Founders packs (also they most likely aim for a smart target release, after TESO / Wildstar and before WoD). I still think the game has flaws (castle instances, PvP flagging / safe zones, etc) but I do think we can expect a solid 1-3 months fun, depending on servers community. I'm a MMO release whore but I seriously think Archeage release will be as fun as Age of Conan release was, PvP wise.

Cybsled

If the game is successful, that may light a fire under XL's ass to more quickly approve changes for the west. I do agree there needs to be rewards for anti-pirate / PK. That would make the game deeper, IMO.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How would you go about rewarding defenders? I agree it pretty much benefits attacks atm, since they have nothing to lose but time when they attack people with packs. Not sure you can do something where attacker loses gold equal to some % of the pack their intended victim had on them, if they die. But then you have situations with trade ships/wagons and what not, where a defender is defending multiple packs and the attackers possible reward has grown for every pack. If you add in some kind of overall gold loss, then defenders can lose twice.

Vitality

HUSTLE
How would you go about rewarding defenders? I agree it pretty much benefits attacks atm, since they have nothing to lose but time when they attack people with packs. Not sure you can do something where attacker loses gold equal to some % of the pack their intended victim had on them, if they die. But then you have situations with trade ships/wagons and what not, where a defender is defending multiple packs and the attackers possible reward has grown for every pack. If you add in some kind of overall gold loss, then defenders can lose twice.
Dynamically adjusting trade route valuation based on amount of stolen packs and players killed in the area.

If one area has more pvp volume, the packs traveling through there should be worth more stars/gold.

The reward should match the risk, not be standardized. This will be the defenders incentive for entering into a situation that would otherwise be crappy.

Broadcasting pvp volume and trade route information prior to trade pack departure would open up a reason to bring friends or do trade routes in PVP groups.