Archeage

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
CwsgGWT.jpg

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Is there an issue with ground textures? I keep running into areas where large chunks of the ground are completely blurred out, looks really odd. And a few questions about builds, are there shitty skillsets which are best left alone? What are some good solo builds and setups for a three man group, preferably something which would work in pve and could do reasonably well in pvp (I don't know if you can have/need multiple setups).

Cybsled

The texture thing is just how it handles the seamless zone situation ATM, AFAIK. As for builds, lots of stuff is viable, but trying to mix melee+magic DPS doesn't work out too well.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Grabbed two keys for myself and a friend the other day, then tried it by myself long enough to decide that there's no point in my friend bothering to download it.

So here's an extra key if anyone still wants one: <gone now>

Cybsled

I do have to say that much like Shadowbane, your enjoyment of this game will more than likely hinge on whether or not you are able to play with a group of others.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Any extra keys floating around? The graphics in this game look bad enough that it might actually be fun. An inverse-Asian MMO.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not seeing where all the bad graphics comments are coming from. Bad compared to what? They seem solid for an MMO to me, and the animations are decent.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I mean they're fine. They're pretty close to RIFT from what I've seen, which came out 3 years ago. I'm not a graphics dork though. I meant it in a positive way that the graphics were 75% of the developers invested time like some games (Blade N Soul, TERA, etc). I think it's a boon that it's not fucking top GPU++++ Direct X17 with fucking reflective faces on every piece of armor.

Cybsled

This game has been out for approx 2 years in Korea, so it isn't exactly brand spanking new. I must say that the water effects in this game are pretty damned nice.

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
If anyone is interested in an Archeum Founder's pack, shoot me a pm. There should be at least a month of Alpha left and at least $100 in release bonuses included in the pack. I enjoy the game enough when I play, but overall I don't think there will be enough for me since I am not too big into PvP.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
If I buy a beta pack now, can I continue to play after this weekevent or is everything broken down into these short 'events'? Also, how good are tanky melees in pvp, is it an endless kite and snare fest or can you actually do well with a tank?

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
Only the $150 alpha package gets 24/7 access.

The other 2 beta packages only get access during the Beta Weekend events.

You can also just get a free key from whatever gaming website usually if you don't want to shell out $$ right away.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Pretty ridiculous then, the game's not in alpha anymore so why lock out people who pay full price right now. Guess I'm not buying it right away afterall.

Zx88_sl

shitlord
I bought one of the $150 packages a while ago when they initially put them up for sale. Thought I would have the time and desire to play this game when it launched. I realize now I probably won't have either so I'm looking to sell my account to someone at a reasonable price in-order to recoup some of the cost. PM me any offers. Not guaranteeing that I will sell it if I don't get what I think is a fair price for it though.
Still selling my founders pack for anyone looking. Would like to get around $75 for it.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Question...wtf does weapon attack speed do in the game, if most weapons are locked by the GCD? So, like what is the difference between a 1.4 speed dagger vs a 2.0 speed sword? I haven't parsed anything yet; heh, don't want to get too deep into the number crunching like I was in WoW/EQ until I decide to play. But as far as I can see, with most strikes actually being combos and locked by the GCD; wouldn't the attack speed just do nothing? Is it only there for the DPS number? (It seems most weapons use the DPS number in equations and not base damage numbers.)